how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chances14

join:2010-03-03
Michigan

sports

I need my Red Wings fix and unfortunately, they aren't on free tv anymore (i miss those days)

otherwise i could live without pay tv

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by chances14:

I need my Red Wings fix and unfortunately, they aren't on free tv anymore (i miss those days)

Sports programming really is the only reason why I haven't cut the cord. So long as I have a good job, I have no problems paying for the expanded basic cable plus my internet access. Its only $100 a month and well worth it.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to chances14

said by chances14:

Can you buy an NHL package on the internet to stream the games?
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

chances14

join:2010-03-03
Michigan

1 edit

Not with a measly 1mb wisp connection

Besides. The package your speaking of blacks out all local market games. Since I live within the Detroit area market, all the red wing games would be blacked out for games that are shown on the local fox sports channel which is about 90% of the games

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by chances14:

Not with a measly 1mb wisp connection

Besides. The package your speaking of blacks out all local market games. Since I live within the Detroit area market, all the red wing games would be blacked out for games that are shown on the local fox sports channel which is about 90% of the games

This and the quality issue.

When I watch on my HDTV, I get 1080i which is great for hockey. If I use streaming, the quality is much lower.
--

IT Guy
Ow, My Balls
Premium
join:2004-07-29
Las Cruces, NM
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to footballdude

Playstation Network has a NHL streaming service that could be an option. I've added that app to mine but haven't used it yet, so I don't know the details as far as cost or whether they stream live, etc...
--
Don't worry, scro. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to chances14

said by chances14:

I'm with you. I don't watch TV. I only have cable for U of M football and Lions football. Used to be I could have gone with OTA (Over the Air), but those days are long gone.

I'll probably watch the Wings this week, but the last game I caught was on the home win streak.
--
When will the people realize that with DRM they aren't purchasing anything?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to IT Guy

said by IT Guy:

Playstation Network has a NHL streaming service that could be an option. I've added that app to mine but haven't used it yet, so I don't know the details as far as cost or whether they stream live, etc...

Those still go through a service called Gamecenter live, which has blackouts in local areas. Besides, I would rather pay to have the full quality on my 52 inch HDTV rather than streaming quality.
--