cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
reply to aroberti

Re: Optimum Lightpath Installation

Current Running Firmware: FWF20C-4.00-build511

That's "v4.0,build0511,120110 (MR3 Patch 4)" on a FortiWiFi-20C. (the free one they give you at training.) There are no such options on this thing. (No "WiFi Controller" in any place through the web interface or command line.) And I know [censored] well it does not have a 5GHz radio in it, despite the stickers on it. (Do they sell them with a/b radios? I don't know, but they certainly can as it's a simple card swap.) I've looked through every line of it's full config and see NOTHING about radio controls. Also, there's nothing in it's documentation about setting the radio channel/mode. This thing DOES limit it's WAN/LAN throughput... no firewall/NAT/nothing, all it has to do is move the packet from WAN to LAN (both GIGABIT interfaces), cpu load is zero, and it's doing almost exactly 20Mbps... an artificial software barrier.

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
said by cramer:

an artificial software barrier.

Sort of like Cisco's barrier on the ASA5510/20.

aroberti
Sarcastic? Me? Never
Premium
join:2000-12-21
Norwalk, CT
reply to cramer
Click for full size
Fascinating. Just so you don't think I'm crazy, attached is what I believe you should be seeing. Again, I've never worked on a 20, so I suppose it could be different.

According to their spec sheet here: »www.fortinet.com/sites/default/f···-20C.pdf yours should have 5G.

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
Click for full size
No WiFi Controller
This -20C does not -- it was a freebie result of a certification class. (I've taken it apart... it does not have a dual band radio.) In the screenshot, you can see there's no "WiFi Controller" menu, and the WiFi interface (a "vap") has no radio options either.