Premium
join:2002-01-30
Valley Stream, NY
reply to Chubbysumo

Re: IMEI change

said by Chubbysumo:

said by Tomek:

I never had problems activating stolen phones on verizon network

are you sure they are listed as stolen? See my above comment, they do NOT activate phones that are listed as stolen in their system, unless of course, you are the original purchaser, and you are the one that listed it as "stolen".

Maybe it all changed recently, but I my brother had his phone stolen and we found kid that activated it and used it. I then also tried activating phone that was initially lost by my friend (he got a replacement and recovered it few weeks later) and were also able to simply activated it, but that was like 3 years ago
--
Semper Fi

Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
Reviews:
·Charter

said by Tomek:

Maybe it all changed recently, but I my brother had his phone stolen and we found kid that activated it and used it. I then also tried activating phone that was initially lost by my friend (he got a replacement and recovered it few weeks later) and were also able to simply activated it, but that was like 3 years ago

again, lost does not mean stolen. The phone has to be reported as stolen, not lost, or verizon will not care. Even if he gets a replacement thru the insurance program, unless he specifies that it was stolen, it does not get blocked. Also, with "your brother", i am betting he didnt report the phone as stolen to verizon, only lost.