dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« IMEI change
This is a sub-selection from Ok , that is just messed up.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to AnonMe

Premium Member

to AnonMe

Re: Finally!

said by AnonMe :

Seems like this database/website/importing of data from the carriers could be up in running in a month's time with 1 person's labor.

I agree. It shouldn't take 18 months. T-Mobile already does block IMEI's. (Not with stolen but with unpaid phones/accounts)
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit

Especially considering this has been in action for years overseas.

Aussies were the first to implement the system and Europe soon followed with great success.

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

Maxo to djdanska

Premium Member

to djdanska
said by djdanska:

said by AnonMe :

Seems like this database/website/importing of data from the carriers could be up in running in a month's time with 1 person's labor.

I agree. It shouldn't take 18 months. T-Mobile already does block IMEI's. (Not with stolen but with unpaid phones/accounts)

These companies are not nimble. Simple things take them lots of time to do. They can't do anything without a committe and lots of arguing.
I think a moderately technical person could have one running in just a few hours with an api.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to Terabit

Premium Member

to Terabit
said by Terabit:

Especially considering this has been in action for years overseas.

Aussies were the first to implement the system and Europe soon followed with great success.

Oh! That's the kiss of death right there. The Europeans do it? Then it won't work in America.
« IMEI change
This is a sub-selection from Ok , that is just messed up.