Bay Village, OH

gkandra

question about UltraTV remote

Is the remote IR or RF?
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Body Count

have to directly point it at the unit to do anything. it's more sensitive than any other remote I've owned. I mean you need to directly point it or it won't work.
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7 to gkandra

to gkandra
Try replacing the batteries. The ones that came with are old since they have been sitting in the warehouse for quite some time while they were testing. You can expect the battery to die within a few months of getting installed. Replace the batteries and it will run a lot better. Also, you may want to reposition your Player so that it is not blocked by anything else.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to gkandra

Premium Member

to gkandra
said by gkandra:

Is the remote IR or RF?

The remotes are IR.
Meehow21
join:2012-05-16
Royal Oak, MI

Meehow21

I am having some trouble with my living room unit. Very frequently it takes many presses on my remote to get it to do what I want. The upstairs box works fine so I decided to switch it. Same issue. Changed the batteries too and that didn't solve my problem. I'm thinking that maybe one of my other devices are causing an interference? (Xbox, Wii, Blu-Ray player?) The upstairs unit has no other devices around it and works great as I've stated before.
I also restarted the media gateway and that didn't do anything either.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by Meehow21:

I am having some trouble with my living room unit. Very frequently it takes many presses on my remote to get it to do what I want. The upstairs box works fine so I decided to switch it. Same issue. Changed the batteries too and that didn't solve my problem. I'm thinking that maybe one of my other devices are causing an interference? (Xbox, Wii, Blu-Ray player?) The upstairs unit has no other devices around it and works great as I've stated before.
I also restarted the media gateway and that didn't do anything either.

I've seen this issue once or twice, and believe it or not, the TV was actually what was causing the interference. What we did was shut off the TV, and change the channel a set amount of times, and see if it had gone to the channel we would have expected it to after turning the TV back on. If that doesn't narrow it down, try unplugging devices one by one, and see if you can determine which one might be causing the IR interference. If you figure it out, you might be able to separate those devices enough to help the issue.
smellslikeMI
join:2012-02-15
Troy, MI

smellslikeMI to gkandra

to gkandra
these remotes burn through batteries too. i put duracell procell in after the initial cheap set of batteries that came with the remote died quickly. i have to replace the batteries about once a month. far more than any other remote i've ever owned.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

said by smellslikeMI:

these remotes burn through batteries too. i put duracell procell in after the initial cheap set of batteries that came with the remote died quickly. i have to replace the batteries about once a month. far more than any other remote i've ever owned.

yeah the tech that installed my UltraTV system told me to buy the best batteries I can find because the ones that came with the remote will die fast.
Meehow21
join:2012-05-16
Royal Oak, MI

Meehow21

So I figured out how to get rid of my IR sensor issue. After doing some research it turns out that the cable box itself was having some interference problems in the room. It may be the lights we are using. Anyway, I covered the sensor on the box with 3 layers of white printer paper I cut out, and now the remote works great! I colored the top layer with some black marker so it is less noticeable.
dons459
join:2012-01-24
Clinton Township, MI

dons459

I have the same problem with the media player in the bedroom, Wife is getting pissed she can't change channels unless she stands up and then it still might not work,

I tried hooking up a IR blaster to the jack in the back but it did nothing. I wonder if the IR blaster jack is even working.

The player in the front room i can hold the remote at a 90 degree angle and it works great.
dons459

dons459

I remembered i turned off the blue clock display on the front room media player and the remote worked better so i did the same on the bedroom player.

Also went into the tv menue and turned off anything auto and a few that were turned on and the remote now seems to work good.

Now if we can get the answering machine busy signal fixed,
Thanks all.