Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
reply to milnoc

Re: ??

Then thats the problem right there, they should be redesigned to be "hybrid" so that visual checks, *can* be done if needed. Or at the very least, once a year.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
They are. The meters in my area installed in the early 2000's are designed to Wirelessly report to the Power Company (on a channel that does not interfere with Wi-Fi and such) and they also have a visual, digital display on the unit.

I've understood for years that peak usage electricity is more expensive. When the power company came by and replaced our old mechanical one with a new one, our electric bill actually went down a little bit, mainly due to the way we use power in our home. Seeing usage by the hour is useful as well.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
all new power meters are digital. The dials are a thing of the past and gone with.

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
·ooma
·VOIPO
·Verizon Broadban..
said by 25139889:

all new power meters are digital. The dials are a thing of the past and gone with.

No they're not. I just got a new one recently and its a turnie dial thingy-mah-bob.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
and its still a thing of the past. Maybe "new" to you but chances are the power company still hasn't bought new ones. But digital is new. those dials are old and out dated.

And this is a reason the power grid is so far behind and lacking. Companies REFUSE to update anything.