spc
Search similar:

uniqs

antroinem
@comcast.net

antroinem

Anon

[Equipment] Cant Get Internet Connection to Vonage Adaptor from

I just got my Vonage adaptor (VDV22-VD) and I am trying to share the Internet connection from my Macbook Pro (10.7.3) to the Adaptor to use the Vonage service bc my router is downstairs.

I turned off my Firewall, hooked my Vonage adapter to the Macbook with the ethernet cable and then went to Sys Preferences > Sharing > Selected Internet Sharing > Share Connection from Wifi to computers using Ethernet, and it looks like everything is ok but when i try to use the phone which is connected to to Vonage Adapter, it says "Your Vonage device cannot connect to the internet, check to see if your high speed internet is down".

I went and looked at my Network preferences and it shows Ethernet connected which is the Vonage Adapter and gives the following:

IP Address: 169.254.163.167
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

Is there something Im doing wrong? Ive seen on several forums that its possible to do but having bad luck. Any help is appreciated.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

Re: [Equipment] Cant Get Internet Connection to Vonage Adaptor f

Are you connecting the Mac's NIC to the VDV22-VD WAN interface (the blue jack) or to the VDV22-VD LAN interface (the yellow jack)? You need to connect to the VDV22-VD WAN interface.

If you have connected the VDV22-VD WAN interface to the Mac's NIC and it still does not work, you may need to use a cross-over cable for the direct connection. I don't think that the VDV22-VD WAN interface does auto MDI/MDX negotiation, and without the cross-over cable, you are connecting TX to TX and RX to RX. The cross-over cable will properly connect TX to RX and RX to TX.

antroinem
@comcast.net

antroinem

Anon

I am connecting it to the WAN interface and when i plug it up, on light stays orange and the other light blink greens and then turns solid green.

I am going to get at crossover cable in the morning and see what happens. I will let you know.

Thanks for the response
antroinem

antroinem to NetFixer

Anon

to NetFixer
Hey I went and bought a crossover cable form BestBuy today! And all is well! The Vonage adaptor works like a charm! Thank you so much for your help! I've posted this on 4 different forums and you are the only one that replied!

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

Yeah,
If you posted this on either one of those some what "official" Vonage forums, they TOTALLY suck!!

Netfixer here is THE MAN!! If he can't get your network/Vonage issue fixed, it isn't supposed to work anyway!!

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by cork1958:

Netfixer here is THE MAN!! If he can't get your network/Vonage issue fixed, it isn't supposed to work anyway!!

Not so sure about that this morning. I just got through "fixing" a DHCP problem that had me up all night.

I was on the phone and suddenly it just disconnected, and when I looked at the Vonage RTP300, it was searching for a DHCP server, and not finding one. I could release and renew Windows PCs with no problems, but the Vonage router (a Linux box) and my SamKnows monitor (also a Linux box) could not get DHCP IP addresses.

I put "fix" in quotes because I just got it working by using a router for the DHCP, but my Windows server's DHCP service still won't provide DHCP services to Linux boxes. I think probably a recent MS update did something that prevents the MS DHCP service from working with anything but Windows boxes, but it took several days to show up (until the RTP300's DHCP lease expired). I may not even bother to investigate it further since my Zonet router/print server's DHCP server still works OK.