All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to no brainer

to no brainer

Re: Rogers uses Fed Regulations to Screw People

Depends on the income from the tower and property. There are some people with towers on their land that are making $5000+/mo.
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl

said by battleop:

Depends on the income from the tower and property. There are some people with towers on their land that are making $5000+/mo.

these tower deals are very lucrative, especially if they are using YOUR structure to support the antenna array

battleop

battleop

Nope. I have a friend who's dad and two brothers were offered $4500/mo for something like 20 years by Nextel. Nextel did everything including installing a 3 carrier tower. If they add more carriers they get a cut of that as well. They separated the land the tower was on from everything else to that the had the option to keep the cell site if they decided to sell the business and the building. When they all retired they did just that. The sold the restaurant and the building and kept the cell site's income.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON

BliZZardX

Premium Member

Do they pay 4500/mo even in low density "suburbs" / borderline rural areas?

battleop

battleop

I have no idea.

BryceS
join:2007-09-17
Stouffville, ON

BryceS to BliZZardX

to BliZZardX
said by BliZZardX:

Do they pay 4500/mo even in low density "suburbs" / borderline rural areas?

Usually you get a quadruple play (only two cellphones) bundle for $0 and nearly every channel on TV plus about $150/mo.

This is what it is for a farm out near Woodstock, ON, from the big 3. My friend has a Rogers tower on his land. This is a big tower that you could almost BASE jump off of.