Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

[TV] Nextbox - Question

I have this non-PVR Nextbox, three questions:

1. CallerID - how do we get it to work?
2. Skipping non-authorized channels. How can we do this?
3. Display channel while surfing? Doesn't seem to do this.
Viper359
Premium Member
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON

Viper359

Premium Member

I am assuming you have the 4642 box since its the NON PVR. However, do you have the new HD looking interface, or the old one? This is very important.

CallerID ----This does not work on either the 4642 or the 8642 PVR model. Only the older boxes does this work on. Rogers states they are working on it, expect it sometime before you or I kick the bucket on this planet.

Skipping non-authorized channels ----- Depends which firmware you are running, the new one, or the old one.

Display Channel-----See above comment.
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
1: No, it's not available atm.
2: Not easily. In the settings menu go to channel setup and manually hide the channels that you are not authorized.
3: You mean in the guide? I don't think that's possible. The only way is to use the channel +/- and channel surf the old fashion way.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

1 edit

J E F F4 to Viper359

Premium Member

to Viper359
It's the Cisco one, the menu is one I never seen before on HD. (the HD ones I've seen look exactly like the SD ones)

When I hooked it up, it wanted to update it's firmware first, took some time...

Other than that, its a nice unit, I didn't release my screen could do 1080i, but it does, looks nice and sharp...a huge difference from the SD terminal I had before. Since I'm only paying $3/month for it, not going to complain, but it going to every channel is annoying.
J E F F4

J E F F4 to decx

Premium Member

to decx
said by decx:

1: No, it's not available atm.
2: Not easily. In the settings menu go to channel setup and manually hide the channels that you are not authorized.
3: You mean in the guide? I don't think that's possible. The only way is to use the channel +/- and channel surf the old fashion way.

I think even with my old fashioned way the TV itself would display a channel...man, this reminds me of the old turn knobs the TV's used to have, when someone else was controlling the channel...

Guess for the rest, I'll have to wait for CallerID to start working, if at all. Not sure about hiding channels, knowing how Rogers does a bi-annual channel line-up change...