how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Simple Guy

join:2012-05-16
reply to Retired

Re: [NHL] NHL playoffs

Geez, it was a massacre. What a beating! It would be super great for the King's fans if the team can win the cup in front of them in the next game. SC win at home and a four game sweep to boot. Also if so the best playoff record to the cup ever.

You know the Devils will be coming hard, and they are good.

Retired
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Earth
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Simple Guy:

Also if so the best playoff record to the cup ever.

If the Kings can sweep'em.....they'll be 16-2 in the playoff's and that'll tie the Edmonton Oilers, back in '88.

Thats if i remember correctly..:+)
--
I work hard. I play hard. I stay hard.

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

You are correct sir.
That was also the year a Finals game was suspended due to a power failure (!)

A non

@151.190.0.x
reply to Simple Guy

quote:
The Devils have had a brilliant run this spring, one hardly anyone expected when the postseason began. They came back to beat the Panthers, clobbered the Flyers and had the oh-so-satisfying victory over the hated Rangers to get here.

Nothing can take that away. But the 4-0 loss Monday night was more than just the better team winning again. The Devils didn’t look like they belonged on the same ice with the Kings in the third period.

The Cup is history. It’ll take a miracle to win four straight against a team that’s won 15 of 17 games this spring. But they can still show a national audience that they’re better than this, because they are better than this, and that has to be the most frustrating part of this now.

The Devils had come so far in this postseason, showing so much grit and toughness along the way. There is no shame in losing the Stanley Cup to a team as good as the Kings. But not like this.
For Devils, no shame in losing, unless it's like Game 3 defeat

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to fatness

Looks like the Kings will be the first #8 seed to ever win the cup. I hope Jersey can still pull it out, but with the way they played in game 3, Im not that optomistic..

Simple Guy

join:2012-05-16

2 edits

Despite the Kings overall generally shutting them down as they did the previous three teams, (in nine full periods and the time played in two OT periods the Devils have only scored one earned goal), the Devils are still a very good and motivated team so there is hope.

One could analyze their chances in many ways but I think the one single most fact is what are the chances they are going to beat Quick, (maybe the best goalie in the NHL and a 26 year old American to boot), four straight games?

Whatever happens the Devils have played a great season and playoffs and are one of the premier franchises in the NHL.

D E V I L S

@optonline.net

Click for full size
Game 5 is tonight at the Prudential Center in Newark. This game is on the regular NBC channel at 8 PM EDT instead of NBC SportsNet. Of course it will be 8:20 or so until they drop the puck.

L E T ' S   G O   D E V I L S !

aannoonn

@optonline.net

Click for full size
Some additional tickets have been released, including row 1 behind the Kings' goal. All too rich for my wallet.

RockCake
Premium
Woodbridge, VA
reply to fatness

Devils 2, LA 1.
Back to LA for game 6...that 4th win is the hardest.

D E V I L S

@optonline.net

The Devils are the first team in 67 years to force a game 6 in the finals after being down 3-0.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to fatness

That was an ugly game. Devils are still missing way to many chances. I have hope still as it seems the Devils have solved Quick. Brodeur will have to play the two best games of his life for the Devils to have a chance and I feel like he is up to the challenge.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Well, LA has one more chance to win it at home. After that, all bets are off and if it goes to Game 7, I'd have to favour the Devils on home ice.

Brodeur was excellent last night.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

If Kings lose this series,it'll haunt them for years and be the ''Choke of the Century''.

Lots of pressure on Monday...........I personally don't want to see a game 7.
--
~~Get our troops home...now!!~~

Retired
Premium
Earth
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by ZZZZZZZ:

If Kings lose this series,it'll haunt them for years and be the ''Choke of the Century''.

Lots of pressure on Monday...........I personally don't want to see a game 7.

I agree, but being that it'll be the first ever Stanley Cup won for the Kings, the hockey gods want it to be extra special and have the Kings win it here at home in the beautiful City of the Los Angeles..:+)
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

I hope so...........they should be over the jitters of game 4.
--
~~Get our troops home...now!!~~

aannoonn

@optonline.net
reply to Retired

Ha, ha. The Kings are in trouble. The Devils are now 10-1 this postseason in Games 4-7.

aannoonn

@optonline.net

Anton Volchenkov

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
reply to fatness

Finals are finally getting interesting....

Retired
Premium
Earth
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to aannoonn

said by aannoonn :

Ha, ha. The Kings are in trouble.

Not a chance, d00d.

The Devils are the ones who can't afford to lose another game, not the Kings..:+)
--

aannoonn

@optonline.net

There's no pressure for the Devils; they're not supposed to win. The Kings, however, are under tremendous pressure to win and avoid a game 7 in New Jersey.

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
reply to aannoonn

said by aannoonn :

Some additional tickets have been released, including row 1 behind the Kings' goal. All too rich for my wallet.

Still low compared to the Lakers court seats.

RockCake
Premium
Woodbridge, VA
reply to fatness

Wow, Kings are wasting no time tonight, they're already up 3-0.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

4-0 LA now.

I think after not being able to win Game 4, they lost Game 5 on purpose to win it at home in Game 6.

maximus_808
Proud Veteran
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Troutdale, OR
reply to fatness

What a great game.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

first 8th seed to win a cup... Very nice.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to fatness

Congrats, Kings fans.

Question: Since the Lakers are out of it, will LA burn taxi-cabs in honor of bringing the cup home?
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

td100776
Premium
join:2002-12-19
Manalapan NJ
reply to fatness

Congratulations to the LA Kings and their Fans for winning the Stanley Cup.

As much as it pains me to say it as i am a Rangers Fan, Congratulations to the Eastern Conference Champion NJ Devils and their ..er..let's see.....1....2.....3.......you can't hold both hands up.......6 Devils Fans for a nice run.

I gave fair warning that i was a Rangers Fan, I am obligated to take a shot when i can.

OK, fine. in all serious now Congratulation to the Eastern Conference Champion NJ Devils on a nice Playoff Run, they did beat the Flyers after all.
--
R.I.P.
Mike D.
10-12-78
5-30-08

Retired
Premium
Earth
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to rockotman

said by rockotman:

Congrats, Kings fans.

Question: Since the Lakers are out of it, will LA burn taxi-cabs in honor of bringing the cup home?

Not at all, rocco....

I just arrived home from being down there.

I must say that the LAPD, along with the assistance of the CHP, in some areas.....did a damn good job of maintaining order..:+)

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RVLeIoyrnU

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFBjUeJRx14

--

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to aannoonn

said by aannoonn :

(pic of Anton Volchenkov)

That's not even a scratch for A-Train. He plays so hurt at times it's a wonder he can walk, let alone play the punishing style of hockey he's known for. He's a Russian with heart -- in other words, the opposite of a Semin or Radulov.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

lew_b
Premium
join:2003-05-11
Poughkeepsie, NY
reply to fatness

OK, what was up with the bimbo behind the Devils' bench ?
Well played L.A. well played

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8VONT7SXZ8

--
Roadkill 2015