join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
reply to FFH5

Re: $1500?

Nailed it. I've seen many Payphones that were taken out of service smashed by someone looking for money days after the phone stopped working and before the Telephone company came out to collect it. See the same thing in many locations if the phones haven't been removed. Someone just comes by and smashes the phone to try to get the cash. Then of course there are those who smash the pay phones to get back at Telephone companies.

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
They could also just get vandalized or hit by a car or something. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more than that in damage in a year to one of those things.

nothing00

join:2001-06-10
Centereach, NY

1 recommendation

reply to elray
Large corporations do pay taxes? Well, yeah, they file taxes. They don't pay nearly what they should having had loopholes written into the tax code for themselves. Take GE who "pays taxes" to the tune of $0 and in fact receives government money (that would be money that you and I pay in taxes to go directly to their shareholder's pockets) as subsidies.

But sure, they shouldn't pay taxes. Because they're the job creators. All of the low labor cost countries they're shipping jobs off to. And we pay them to do it. Wonderful.

As for the phone booth vandalism. Let's see the bill before assuming anything OK?

ScottMo
Once in a Lifetime
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-15
Stony Brook, NY
reply to thegeek
My company has several payphones (for various reasons). We pay about $92 per month to have them (per phone). Works out to about $1100 per phone per year. I think we get something like $10-12 per year in revenue, mostly from one phone.