share rss forum feed

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
reply to openbox9

Re: $1500?

I'd be curious to see how much they cost to maintain over 5 years.

any individual repair on the devices can be costly. If they need frequent repairs, they may have a problem with the repairman.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by ArrayList:

If they need frequent repairs, they may have a problem with the repairman.

Or the equipment may be antiquated, kind of like this requirement for a payphone. Regardless of the cost, the fact that one phone had, at best, six calls placed over the course of 365 days, is wasteful. With today's technology and availability, this standing requirement for unused payphones is ridiculous.

deeer1

@sbc.com
reply to ArrayList
said by ArrayList:

I'd be curious to see how much they cost to maintain over 5 years.

any individual repair on the devices can be costly. If they need frequent repairs, they may have a problem with the repairman.

You would be surprised how many handsets have to be replaced due to someone feeling the need to tear them off the phone.

I have seen many that the armadillo cord was cut with shears just to remove the handset. It is not about the repairman not doing his job, it is about people destroying stuff that is not theirs.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
rip it out, take the coins and cash the metal at a local recycle joint -

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY
kudos:1
reply to ArrayList
They probably are billing the entire shift of the tech that day to check on the phone, at their retail tariffed "special construction" rate of $120 per hour, minimum 4 hours.