spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cosmokramer
join:2009-02-18
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

Docsis 3.0 services in Maine "Very Very Soon"

I was told a few days back that Docsis 3.0 services were almost ready in Maine from TWC northeast twitter feed. I hope it's serious this time. Really need a little extra on the upload end.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

Re: Docsis 3.0 services in Maine "Very Very Soon"

Yea, great. BUT, I have been getting that answer every time it comes up....for the past 2 years.

Ahh well. Got my new DOCSIS 3 modem waiting for it so I will be ready.

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

Did you buy a docsis 3.0 modem, thought they were not letting people use their own.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by cosmokramer:

Did you buy a docsis 3.0 modem, thought they were not letting people use their own.

Yes I did buy one. Modem only no combo unit or anything like that. I bought it the next day after my hub went down the night before to have channel bonding become active. This was about 3 weeks ago.

I am in an old Adelphia area where I have always owned our modem maybe that had something to do with it. Not sure.

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

If that's active it won't be long yet, is your turbo still 15/1?

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by cosmokramer:

If that's active it won't be long yet, is your turbo still 15/1?

Yes, only 15/1. Dominokat See Profile has had channel bonding active for his area for quite sometime though, so im not sure if that is any indiccation of things. The Rumford hub (according to the network status page) was taken down 2 weeks ago for what I assume is the same thing and there is no other hub scheduled to be taken down so maybe they have finished up and it really will be no time at all before we see it.

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

I thought that maybe they were waiting for all digital conversion on cable to free up space. Perhaps not....
Radisc359
join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

Radisc359

You should be able to use your own modem on any tier including Extreme and above. I checked with Tier 3 in my state and they can activate them.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by Radisc359:

You should be able to use your own modem on any tier including Extreme and above. I checked with Tier 3 in my state and they can activate them.

As long as they are on a list!

Hob

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by hobgoblin:

said by Radisc359:

As long as they are on a list!

They can not activate modems that arent on there approved list? When I activated my new one they didnt ask what model, unless the system will stop them when they put the MAC address in.
TWCdude
join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX

TWCdude

I just want to advise that it's not a good idea to purchase modems not on the approved list to use on our system it will be very YMMV if it works down the road or not.
In theroy any d3 modem will work for now, but at anytime the system could deactivate it if it causes problems or is not compatable with future upgrades. The reps should ask the model#, but in this case it slipped through the cracks it was registered. The reason the 6120 is not on the list is because it only supports 4 bonded channels and at this time it is ok since all the systems use 4 channels, but once the 8 channel bonding goes online its up in the air on what is going to happen with the older D3 modems once the upgrades are done.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
You can actually own your own modem in any market now, that policy changed last month. I don't know of an approved list for your area though but I do recall some getting the SB6141 for use in their home.

hawk82
join:2001-04-26
centralmaine

hawk82 to cosmokramer

to cosmokramer
I asked a TWC Biz Sales Rep on Wednesday at a B2B Expo this question and he wouldn't give me a straight answer. Guess we will wait.

ZeroCooLZ666
join:2003-12-02
Jefferson, ME

ZeroCooLZ666 to cosmokramer

to cosmokramer
Oh please let this be true for little ol' Jefferson. 1Mbit upload is so slow.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by ZeroCooLZ666:

Oh please let this be true for little ol' Jefferson. 1Mbit upload is so slow.

I dont have a clue where Jefferson is but the way they are dragging their feet, seems to me this will be launched for the entire area instead of just a few cities or towns at a time.
Phroz
join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Phroz to cosmokramer

to cosmokramer
I refuse to get excited. I'll believe it when I see it haha

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

said by Phroz:

I refuse to get excited. I'll believe it when I see it haha

That's what I have been saying to some too lol
Radisc359
join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

Radisc359 to cosmokramer

to cosmokramer
All I got is "soon" in my area, which could be 3-4 months away! A tech did tell me that they are planning on adding 2 downstream and 2 upstream channels, currently we have 2 of each.
NightOwl2
join:2012-03-19

NightOwl2 to CptGemini

to CptGemini
The east region now has self-install wireless options as well, as long as the sub has standard cable.