spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Scrabaholic

join:2010-05-22
Kingston, ON

CNN no longer available without digital equipment?

I'm getting this message when I try to watch CNN, but I was able to watch it yesterday. What gives? It's not happening with any other channels. Is Cogeco trying to drive us elsewhere? Satellite is looking mighty tempting right now.

Scrabaholic

join:2010-05-22
Kingston, ON
I just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful helpful replies to my question.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
said by Scrabaholic:

I just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful helpful replies to my question.

... I'm not sure if you're rediculously clever or it was accidental, but the "sarcasm" tag didn't appear until it was quoted in my reply to ask if you were being sarcastic. If so, bravo. If not... still amazing.

Edit: I see it doesn't show up in my quote until I quote my quote, so it's possible you are indirectly clever.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
just a fyi to your remark, satellite that looks mighy tempting also uses digital equipment, so your temptation is flawed. why not use the digital equiptment on cogeco before you hop jump an skip to the more expensive satellite option
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
and a fyi incase u were in the dark, nothing will be avaiable with out the FREE digital equiptment you speak of, which loosk more tempting to get because its FREE instead of FORKING over money to pay for the lesser tempting satelight dish
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to Paolo
said by Paolo:

why not use the digital equiptment on cogeco before you hop jump an skip to the more expensive satellite option

Shaw Direct is less expensive than Cogeco, substantially. I won't even bother mentioning the vastly improved picture quality.

You know NOT of what you speak.

Mike

--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Make The Switch - »openmedia.ca/switch

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to Paolo
said by Paolo:

and a fyi incase u were in the dark, nothing will be avaiable with out the FREE digital equiptment you speak of, which loosk more tempting to get because its FREE instead of FORKING over money to pay for the lesser tempting satelight dish

Shaw Direct threw free receivers galore at me to get my business.

I refused to pay the $2 per month for those crapass little DTAs to get channels I used to get for free on the 3 TVs I didn't have a $10 per month receiver for.

The DTAs and implementation of them that Cogeco tried to blame on the CRTC was nothing more than a cold hard cash grab.

Not to mention, Shaw treats me as a desirable customer.

IMHO, Cogeco cannot compete with Shaw Direct. Not even close.

Mike
--

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to Scrabaholic
said by Scrabaholic:

Is Cogeco trying to drive us elsewhere?

Yep.

said by Scrabaholic:

Satellite is looking mighty tempting right now.

Have a look at Shaw Direct. They have serious promos for converting undesirable Cogeco customers into desirable Shaw Direct customers. You'll wind up with more beter qualitychannels and a houseful of receivers you own for diddly-squat.

If you want a contact inside Shaw drop me an IM and I'll fire it over to you.

MIke
--

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6

(topic move) CNN no longer available without digital equipment?

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 13 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »CNN no longer available without digital equipment?

Farchord
Lost somewhere.

join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC
kudos:1
reply to dillyhammer

Re: CNN no longer available without digital equipment?

said by dillyhammer:

said by Scrabaholic:

Is Cogeco trying to drive us elsewhere?

Yep.

said by Scrabaholic:

Satellite is looking mighty tempting right now.

Have a look at Shaw Direct. They have serious promos for converting undesirable Cogeco customers into desirable Shaw Direct customers. You'll wind up with more beter qualitychannels and a houseful of receivers you own for diddly-squat.

If you want a contact inside Shaw drop me an IM and I'll fire it over to you.

MIke

As a Shaw Direct customer, I gotta say, they are great.... never had any backdraw with their customer service. The only little thing I don't like is their on-screen interface is kinda ugly (Marine blue on black), but that's a detail XD