join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt

Re: [NBA] DWade:"Players should be paid to play for USA&quo

said by HiVolt:

said by Crazyf00L:

I thought it was an honor thing to go and represent your country in the Olympic games...

NBA players & honor? LOL...

It's a culture of selfish rich boys that look and act like common street thugs, which is worse in some cases because the money they've got.

+1.

And the Olympics is a joke anyway. It was meant to bring amateurs together when restarted in 1896 and was supposed to be a way to have nations get together in a peaceful non-political forum. How has that worked out? It is supremely political and nationalistic and most sports are now represented by highly paid athletes who care more about advertising deals than competing for the glory of it.

And the cost to put them on bankrupts most cities holding them due to the security expenditures to protect against terrorists.

If they ended the Olympics now and never restarted them, most people wouldn't miss it one bit.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

If they ended the Olympics now and never restarted them, most people wouldn't miss it one bit.

Most sports fans probably wouldn't care so much, but people like my wife will watch twelve straight hours of figure skating and gymnastics in the Olympics. I think that's the type that's driving up the ratings, at least in the US.

Crazyf00L
Glorified Version of a Pellet Gun
join:2002-11-04
Coudersport, PA

Crazyf00L

Curling changed my life