WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to shortckt

Premium Member

to shortckt

Re: [Rant] US Post Office doesn't want coins anymore

I'm surprised USPS is still in business. Send an email and send packages via ups or FedEx

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

1 recommendation

Omega

Premium Member

said by WK2:

I'm surprised USPS is still in business. Send an email and send packages via ups or FedEx

Who do you think ships some packages last mile?

hint: it isn't UPS or FedEx.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

1 recommendation

Caddyroger to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
said by WK2:

I just sent a package up usps today. $2.50 cheaper the UPS or fedex for the same service.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated
join:2011-01-12
Woodside, NY

Jawsinc

i would love to be able to ship usps but the line is so goddamn long in nyc that i gave up and go to the ups store. the extra money i spend evens out with the hours i gain back onto my life...

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

said by Jawsinc:

i would love to be able to ship usps but the line is so goddamn long in nyc that i gave up and go to the ups store. the extra money i spend evens out with the hours i gain back onto my life...

I guess you don't do online shipping. I can send stuff out in the middle of the night and just drop it in the bins.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger to Jawsinc

Premium Member

to Jawsinc
said by Jawsinc:

I believe the longest was about 6 people and that was on a Monday mourning.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated
join:2011-01-12
Woodside, NY

Jawsinc

when i lived in PA i hardly ever waited more than 5 mins. in nyc, 20 people in line if ur lucky, 40 if ur not.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by Jawsinc:

when i lived in PA i hardly ever waited more than 5 mins. in nyc, 20 people in line if ur lucky, 40 if ur not.

With my luck they will close mine.

Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show
join:2000-01-05
Lynn, MA

Madness

My PO can have a queue, but it often moves quickly (biggest hold-up is often someone applying for a passport). But just this past Monday, I went to send out some stuff. Got there at exactly 8am (opening time) & there was hardly a soul there!

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to Omega

Premium Member

to Omega
said by Omega:

said by WK2:

Who do you think ships some packages last mile?

hint: it isn't UPS or FedEx.

Exactly. and reverse too!

like the time i shipped a computer to someone here and it got handed off to UPS and arrived broken. I've never seen a video of usps tossing electronics or a hard drive over a fence!
dvd536

dvd536 to Madness

Premium Member

to Madness
said by Madness:

My PO can have a queue, but it often moves quickly (biggest hold-up is often someone applying for a passport). But just this past Monday, I went to send out some stuff. Got there at exactly 8am (opening time) & there was hardly a soul there!

you mean your PO doesn't do the bank thing like mine does[8 stations, one manned, at least 3 people talking amongst themselves and at least one on a phone talking about how much fun she had at the club last night]

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger to Madness

Premium Member

to Madness
said by Madness:

We have 1 teller most of the time but when it is busy a second will help out.

Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show
join:2000-01-05
Lynn, MA
·DSL EXTREME

Madness to dvd536

to dvd536
said by dvd536:

you mean your PO doesn't do the bank thing like mine does[8 stations, one manned, at least 3 people talking amongst themselves and at least one on a phone talking about how much fun she had at the club last night]

Amazingly, no. Our office has five windows & there can two or three people there at a given time. But it is a suburban office. I haven't been to any of the bigger offices in Boston for quite awhile, so I can't say how they are.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20 to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
said by WK2:

Oh. That makes sense. All elderly and poor folks without computers should just go kill themselves, right? Include those folks who could afford a computer but live where only dialup is available...they should kill themselves also since you personally don't need the USPS. Yeah, you make a lot of sense.
Mele20

Mele20 to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger
We have 5 tellers but usually only 2 or 3 stations are open. However, if you go to the Post Office no more than 15 minutes before closing time all stations are manned at that time and you will get served very quickly even if there are 20 people in line when you walk in. So, I try to time my trips to go just before closing.

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

1 recommendation

Omega to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

said by WK2:

Oh. That makes sense. All elderly and poor folks without computers should just go kill themselves, right? Include those folks who could afford a computer but live where only dialup is available...they should kill themselves also since you personally don't need the USPS. Yeah, you make a lot of sense.

I too am baffled by the US post office haters. Yes, it isn't a perfect service, but nothing is. The country still needs the post office. Major services would be disrupted without it.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

1 edit

rody_44

Premium Member

I hate them. But then the one i go to has the bank style stations with one manned and three people behind him shooting the shit. Doesnt take to long to get that way when your dealing with the one i do. I actually started driving the extra distance to one that isnt as bad. I drive past that one and go to the next one. Of course if you get a certified letter or a delivery that requires signature you really dont have a choice. You just bite your tongue and curse them under your breath as you wait in line.