Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Jim

Re: Game Rules Thread

said by Jim:

Why are you stirring shit up?

The real answer is so that people don't get upset if a mod kill is not enforced. I know it seems silly, but as a game mod, I've had to deal with angry folks via PM over shit like this before. I'm eliminating that by a slight adjustment.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Sorry. I only get angry if it's Arch.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
umadbro?

Also, I try not to modkill folks unless they go out of their way to break a rule. I fully understand games that exceed a few hundred posts and you try to respond, only to find that it went to night.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
That is why a L-0 vote count with a twighlight warning should be always when modding and give enough time for people to get their last posts before calling night phase.
--
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
Standard game rules apply.
No posting after night. You post at your own risk after Twilight.
No editing posts.
Do not give people thumbs up.
You are only allowed private communication if stated in your PM.
One ghost post per person per game. While OT silliness is not discouraged, we don't want to ruin the gaming experience for everyone. If you do post, don’t give out game info in it, and don't do it during the night phase.
A cast Vote will automatically nullify the previous Vote.
It is at the Game Mods discretion whether or not a broken rule should result in a Mod Kill

I just took the Everything is situational out of the last rule.
--
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Jobbie
What he's referring to is a game that someone is out of for a day or so. They come back and start reading 150 posts. One hits home (an attack on them, or something they see), and they reply to it without reading up to the end to find out that Twilight OR Night has been called. We've been lenient with that in the past, as it's happened quite a few times in our larger format games.
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Standard game rules apply.
No posting after night. You post at your own risk after Twilight.
No editing posts.
Do not give people thumbs up.
You are only allowed private communication if stated in your PM.
One ghost post per person per game. While OT silliness is not discouraged, we don't want to ruin the gaming experience for everyone. If you do post, don’t give out game info in it, and don't do it during the night phase.
A cast Vote will automatically nullify the previous Vote.
It is at the Game Mods discretion whether or not a broken rule should result in a Mod Kill

I just took the Everything is situational out of the last rule.

That works for me.
--

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
Since ghost posts can't result in a modkill... what's the punishment?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Kristopher
said by Kristopher:

What he's referring to is a game that someone is out of for a day or so. They come back and start reading 150 posts. One hits home (an attack on them, or something they see), and they reply to it without reading up to the end to find out that Twilight OR Night has been called. We've been lenient with that in the past, as it's happened quite a few times in our larger format games.

Yeah your last rule covers that point, it just needs to be noted as a "Mod Warning" or something for the offender after his/her post.
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to drew
said by drew:

A big FU next time the player tries to join a game?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to drew
I believe abuse of any rule should get a warning and if necesary a ban from the games, which i dont think we would get to that point since most of the people do it within reason.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to ekster
said by ekster:

said by drew:

A big FU next time the player tries to join a game?

You said it better.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
If that doesn't work, Jobbie can just say, "Come on, guys."

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Jobbie
Answering both drew and commenting on Jobbie's post here:

As with a ghost post, a Mod Warning essentially does nothing. Everyone knows the nature of the rules and why they are there. It's been working fine, and this rule change isn't really even necessary, but I wanted to tweak it a little just to clarify for the protection of the mod if they do not perform a mod kill for a violation. We've never been able to punish ghosts, aside from the original "you will never play one of my games again" rule. Never saw that enforced. But, it's the real answer. If a player refuses to listen to a mod and posts as a ghost over and over and over, disrupting the game, they can be excluded from future games and reported to a real mod if they continue to harass the forums. I don't foresee that happening in the future, and would never dream any current players would do that, but if it would happen, that's the avenue that would be taken.

Warnings are a moot point. If a post after night is done, and it's an obvious mistake on the players part, I don't want to punish the player and their affiliation for it. That's the bottom line, I guess.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Archivis
I can provide a mp3 file with a recording during a LoL game for mod use.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
said by Jobbie:

I can provide a mp3 file with a recording during a LoL game for mod use.

Yes, we need this. Just so everyone can understand the pain and shame we feel when we hear it.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Kristopher
said by Kristopher:

Warnings are a moot point. If a post after night is done, and it's an obvious mistake on the players part, I don't want to punish the player and their affiliation for it.

I agree with this.
--

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Jobbie
I like this.

At what point during those three words do you disconnect?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
I normally say it when I reconnect and I find everybody dead.