Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain

Re: Game Rules Thread

said by Chaplain:

What he's referring to is a game that someone is out of for a day or so. They come back and start reading 150 posts. One hits home (an attack on them, or something they see), and they reply to it without reading up to the end to find out that Twilight OR Night has been called. We've been lenient with that in the past, as it's happened quite a few times in our larger format games.

Yeah your last rule covers that point, it just needs to be noted as a "Mod Warning" or something for the offender after his/her post.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Answering both drew and commenting on Jobbie's post here:

As with a ghost post, a Mod Warning essentially does nothing. Everyone knows the nature of the rules and why they are there. It's been working fine, and this rule change isn't really even necessary, but I wanted to tweak it a little just to clarify for the protection of the mod if they do not perform a mod kill for a violation. We've never been able to punish ghosts, aside from the original "you will never play one of my games again" rule. Never saw that enforced. But, it's the real answer. If a player refuses to listen to a mod and posts as a ghost over and over and over, disrupting the game, they can be excluded from future games and reported to a real mod if they continue to harass the forums. I don't foresee that happening in the future, and would never dream any current players would do that, but if it would happen, that's the avenue that would be taken.

Warnings are a moot point. If a post after night is done, and it's an obvious mistake on the players part, I don't want to punish the player and their affiliation for it. That's the bottom line, I guess.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Chaplain:

Warnings are a moot point. If a post after night is done, and it's an obvious mistake on the players part, I don't want to punish the player and their affiliation for it.

I agree with this.