SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:5

[SU] Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 2

»www.macrumors.com/2012/04/12/mic···-pack-2/

Microsoft today released Service Pack 2 for Office for Mac 2011, the most recent edition of Microsoft's hugely popular productivity suite. Outlook was the priority for the Mac Office team, with a number of enhancements and performance upgrades included for the other applications as well:

As the newest member of the Office for Mac family, Outlook 2011 continues to get the most requests from consumers and businesses alike; therefore, our top priority for this release was Outlook, and this service pack resolves many of the most common requests. The more notable Outlook enhancements include:

- Sync performance with Exchange server,
- Performance improvements while deleting multiple items,
- Displaying email message content, and sending email.

Outlook performance is also improved in IMAP account sync and the database rebuild utility. New capabilities include:
- Scheduling resources in the calendar,
- Distribution list expansion,
- Day number display in the calendar.

Word, Excel, and PowerPoint have improved performance with additional modest improvements. For example, we updated PowerPoint to take advantage of full screen view in Lion, and we improved grammar checkers for Italian and German languages. We also made it easier to work with Office documents on SkyDrive and addressed several smaller issues in response to your feedback.
The complete list of fixes and updates is also available. The Office 14.2.0 update is available via Microsoft's download page or through the updater built into Office.
--
Comcast HSI 25/4 / Verizon Wireless iPhone 4s / Macbook Pro 15" (Core i5) Hooked up to a 24" Dell LCD / Macbook Air 11" (Core i5)
»www.RestartYourComputer.net - IT Techs, Send people here to restart their computer

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1

I'm at work...so I can't check...did they kill off the ribbon bar?

said by SuperNet9:

... For example, we updated PowerPoint to take advantage of full screen view in Lion...

Only PowerPoint? Not Word nor Excel...doesn't make sense, does it?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to SuperNet9

just downloaded

AlexNYC

join:2001-06-02
Edwards, CO
reply to SuperNet9

How about recalling messages like you do in Windows Outlook. Hudge omit ...

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC
reply to haroldo

You can fullscreen excel and word too.

haroldo

united state

thanks, seeing your post reminded me to upgrade

haroldo

united state

1 edit
reply to Count Zero

It's weird, if you use full screen each workbook or document you open fills up its own desktop. I'd prefer to have one desktop for Excel and then just use the "windows" menu to pick the specific file I want to use.
In the Windows version, you can deselect "show workbooks in task bar" (or something like that) to force all workbooks into one window. I looked but can't find, but is there something similar in the Mac version?
Thanks!

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC

Not that I know of. Mac "Full Screen" support is still in its infancy compared to Windows it seems.