Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Re: [game] Newbie F11

Both tmo and 47 votes seem piling up and hammer, tmo more scummy since he has not contributed and just said "I agree with the case" and put him on L-1.

47 participated on the exchange so his hammer makes more sense.

Would like to hear what Arch has to say about all this.

Dunga Bee
Put A Little Butter On It
join:2004-07-26
USA

Dunga Bee

I just reviewed the exchanges around the 2 lynchings and found a couple of interesting tidbits:

1. Arch pops in for a "let me re-read", don't lynch anyone just yet. Nothing concrete in that, but maybe overly compassionate.

2. 47 held off and held off while discussing and then 4 minutes after tmo's vote, he simply "agrees" and hammers.

You are right though, tmo may have been sensing the momentum and wanted to get in there before he was forced to hammer or he may have just put on a rather lazy vote and 47 felt good about the hammer since he had been participating.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Holding my next vote until Arch and Tmo give us their point of view.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Dunga Bee

Premium Member

to Dunga Bee
I never did the re-read, as asked, but you guys went forward with a lynch anyways. Not that I can control how you vote. I think I'm doing this game a disservice by not reading, so I will try to read up.

5 people left, correct? We've still got two days.
Exodus

Exodus

Premium Member

Finished re-read. I have determined that Jobbie is mafia.

Vote: Jobbie

I don't care to engage in a FUD/anti-FUD session, so no explanation.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

OMGUS

Vote: Archivis

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

When the game is over, maybe I'll point out five or six different tell-tale signs that show that you're mafia.

The difference between noob and pro mafia players (when they're mafia) are the ones that know how to survive a re-read. The game gets interrupted much differently when additional context is given.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I would read that for sure, bad thing is that I am town and your 6 minutes re-read is wrong.

No FUD/Anti-FUD session sounds good to me.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I don't really want to get into it, because if I do, I would probably make a compelling case and get you voted off. Instead, I would rather just control my one vote and let other people decide on their own. If you push me, I will make my case and you will get voted off. If you're really town and I'm making a mistake, or even if you're mafia, it's probably best to step down.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

It works for me let the votes decide. No FUD.

Dunga Bee
USA

Dunga Bee to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

I don't really want to get into it, because if I do, I would probably make a compelling case and get you voted off. Instead, I would rather just control my one vote and let other people decide on their own. If you push me, I will make my case and you will get voted off. If you're really town and I'm making a mistake, or even if you're mafia, it's probably best to step down.

As a learning player and town member, this approach blows.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I can teach you when the game is over. I just know from history what happens when I lay my case. There is no case for anyone else and the train-hopping will begin as soon as I make my own.

Dunga Bee
USA

Dunga Bee

I don't get the cloak and dagger.

If:

A. You are town
B. You feel you have an airtight case to save the town

Then make the case. Isn't that the point of the game?

Failure to do so means:

A. You either doubt your theory to the point of not wanting to make it public and risk ridicule and torment for all time
B. You are town and are ambivalent about winning, in which case I question you're playing in the game
C. You are mafia

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Dunga I think they are fishing.

I think that they both believe they are town and they are waiting for some dialog about them being mafia.

For now T is highest on my suspision list as I see the above as just a way to shake people up.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven

Should I even bother checking this over the weekend?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Yes you should, there is a lot stuff you can miss over 2 days.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I tend to disagree. I don't check over the weekend much at all, and I certainly don't have the info at home to progress the game even if a lynch would somehow occur.

Going fishing tomorrow morning. F this computer shit. Clean the trout, then outdoor work most of the day Sat and Sun. Will eat the trout somewhere in between.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Thanks for spoiling the joke you dumpass.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Chaplain

to Chaplain
Well had Balto and Smiley not agreed to play patty cake until the mafia came out and said hi we may have gotten somewhere.

Dunga Bee
USA

Dunga Bee to f0rtys3ven

to f0rtys3ven
I normally take small breaks from hitting F5 to talk to my family over the weekend but the thread definitely is the #1 priority!

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
Balto and Smiley. Nice!

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Dunga Bee

Premium Member

to Dunga Bee
That's because nothing is certain in this game. There is no such thing as "Air Tight" in these games. I'm basing my vote on participation alone. Obviously, I'm not a cop, so what else is there?

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Heres where I am at.

Jobbie, I believe is town. I am basing this on the well thought out arguement against Brom. If felt for me like he was truely tring to convince the town to vote what we thought was going to be the last mafia. The fact that he was wrong is unfortunate, but at this time not suspicious to me.

Dunga, I think is town as well. Like before I am basing this on his opening silliness, which too me felt much more like an honest mistake and not suspicious.

Arch, I think your town mostly because I don't think you would have pulled the vote Jobbie with no evidence because I wanna see reactions BS if you were mafia. Also, I believe that you have been half ass playing because you knew from page one that Jobbie was town and is quite capeable of bringing in new info without you having to be active.

That leaves T. Who failed to vote for mafia and choose to continue with his day 1 haha vote, but was quite willing to vote Brom out the next day. Also, he said Block did a good job claiming ...... when really that killed a town power house which isn't a great thing. Finally, I believe he sensed the same thing I did about Jobbie's and Arch's banter back and forth and has since been MIA not wanting to present himself as a target after said BS.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven

I am on big pages now so our pages should conincide.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven

Also.

Vote: T

Have a good weekend all!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
Unvote

I don't want to leave a vote flying for the weekend.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Game on ?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

We need to close this old threads and start fresh.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

No. FINISH IT.