uniqs

Ben
Premium Member
join:2007-06-17
Fort Worth, TX

Ben

Premium Member

This is News?

Of course companies prefer customers who will just pay and pay, without caring as much about what they get and whether they believe it's a good value for their dollar.

Perhaps I'm an "undesirable" customer since I'm not willing to toss money at something without regard to what value that product or service will give me.

yyzlhr
@rogers.com

yyzlhr

Anon

said by Ben:

Perhaps I'm an "undesirable" customer since I'm not willing to toss money at something without regard to what value that product or service will give me.

I'm assuming he's referring to customers with bad credit, and I'd have to agree with his statement on that, although it's a bad PR move. When I used to work for Rogers, I never understood why we ran credit checks because we didn't deny anyone unless you have a history of running up bad debt with Rogers itself and then moving to another address and signing up again. The only restrictions we ever placed on customers with bad credit is to deny them home phone and the ability to rent HD equipment. This restrictions were useless anyways, as customers would run up huge bills and abandon them and wait for the statute of limitations to expire.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by yyzlhr :

I'm assuming he's referring to customers with bad credit, and I'd have to agree with his statement on that, although it's a bad PR move.

What Audet has done here is blame the loss of 9000 customers in one quarter on the customers - during a quarterly report conference call with financial analysts no less.

Tightening credit consitions has nothing to do with losing 9000 customers in 1 quarter, and nothing to do with preventing promo-hopping or otherwise competing for customers.

There are 4 possibilities.

1) He is incredibly dim-witted and should NOT be the CEO of Cogeco.

2) He is horribly dishonest and should NOT be the CEO of Cogeco.

3) He is old, tired, bitter, and should NOT be the CEO of Cogeco.

4) He is incredibly dim-witted, horribly dishonest, old, tired, bitter, and should NOT be the CEO of Cogeco.

I know how I'm voting.

Mike