Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

8 recommendations

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Some good news!

Colin is down in Memphis and the MRI shows to be "stable" (I quote).

Additionally, I am managing my new job fairly well and have adjusted to my new home (albeit the constant sirens hour by hour).

Another hopeful item is that my Alain might come here in a year or so, we might get to be reunited, but it depends on several things such as getting a visa, not always the easiest thing.

Colin's brother, Aiden, is still an unknown, there are three possibilities for his ailment at this point, and we are hoping for the one of the three that can be mitigated to some degree.

I know so many of you quietly, humbly, keep us in your thoughts and prayers and we thank you profoundly. Thought I'd just report "red sky at night, sailor's delight" to all of you!

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

jaynick

Premium Member

Prayers still on High for Colin, Aiden and your reunion with Alain!
Great news on your new job!

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k to signmeuptoo94

MVM

to signmeuptoo94
Praying for all the bright and good outcomes!

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
Still in my Prayers! Thinking GOOD thoughts! (Well Duh... would ANYONE say they're thinking BAD ones????)

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
I've been praying daily for your intentions.

lonnyb
Blessed Beyond Belief
Premium Member
join:2004-01-25
San Antonio, TX

lonnyb to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
I am thankful to God for your good news about Colin. I am also praying that God will bless your plans and reunite you with your wife.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

signmeuptoo94 to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
said by Santa Fe:

Still in my Prayers! Thinking GOOD thoughts! (Well Duh... would ANYONE say they're thinking BAD ones????)

You have the right train of thought I think...

Yeah guys, when Alain's Auntie (who she is taking care of) said that she would help send her here so we could start a life together, Alain and I cried. When you love someone, really love someone, as the song goes...

She is mortified though, because she is nervous about my family accepting her and about how different it is here in the USA. I have been telling her and showing her everything I can to prepare her and make her feel safe.

The food is going to be a huge change for her, as she eats things like squid and dinaguan:

»www.pinoymix.com/recipes ··· od_Stew/

And Adobo:

»sheenarobins.hubpages.co ··· o-Recipe

They eat a lot of organs, fish, and few veggies. They have lots of amazing fruits but she can't afford them so she doesn't often enjoy them. Rice is their staple, and coconut.

I was thinking that maybe I should take her out to eat at the place I worked at as a kid for steak and lobster (boy would that be an extreme treat for her!)

Or take her to Pepe's in New Haven so she can try REAL pizza.

Her family is telling her about the USA too. She is preparing just like I prepared before I went there.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

Freight Yard

1 recommendation

Santa Fe

I've had the second one, Adobo, yum! Never heard of Dinuguan (Pork Blood Stew) though. Hmmm, wonder if one can substitute ones own blood? Nah, if I drained a cup of blood outta me, I might start making sense!

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Or... Making scents!

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

Freight Yard

Santa Fe

said by signmeuptoo94:

Or... Making scents!

I swear, I only had ONE bowl of beans!

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

said by Santa Fe:

Selling a warding product? And making a few cents

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

Freight Yard

1 recommendation

Santa Fe

said by usa2k:

said by Santa Fe:

Selling a warding product? And making a few cents

If I was in London, I could be making Pence!

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

Re: Some great news!

Sensible - to avoid a getting gored by a bull

signmetoo up - I miss you calling Collin your "little bruiser"

I am sooo looking forward great news. Having Alain by your side will bring a smile to everyone here - and save on some phone bills!

... Unless she has family there to call regularly - like her son - would he be coming too?

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

It depends upon the visa and what we can manage. Since school break is during out Spring here and I we hope she comes in the US summer, chances are he'd stay with his grand aunt for a little. That has our guts wrenched, but we're just trying to figure this out. Fortunately, he is 14 so he'd be fine, but as bad as I want her here, I also want him here too, I love the kid. He is a wonderful guy.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2

MVM

Well, this sounds like a positive (and exciting) time for you. I am happy to hear this!

To keep the supply chain safe, I will pass on my daily squid sandwich, a sacrifice to be sure...just kidding!

My best wishes for Alain's anticipated arrival!