kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to andre1000

Re: [General] 45 day notice to switch from dsl to uverse

said by andre1000:

The best choice, for me, seems to be to go to 12 mo guaranteed pricing from
Sonic for total of $40 for phone and 6mb DSL. With no caps also.

Is Fusion available in Fresno?
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

ampex

join:2011-05-23
San Diego, CA
reply to andre1000

said by andre1000:

What package is this? I just see the Sonic 6mb for $30 package, and I know phone service is more than $10/mo.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by ampex:

said by andre1000:

What package is this? I just see the Sonic 6mb for $30 package, and I know phone service is more than $10/mo.

Why I asked if "Fusion" was available in Fresno. I have their "Fusion" package; but it requires a CO connection, and that Sonic.net, LLC have an ADSL2+ DSLAM in the CO.

$39.95* a month gets you unlimited long distance and local calls, and ADSL2+ service at whatever speed the loop length allows. If you can get it.

*Plus taxes and regulatory fees; usually about $10.
--
Norman

vcincampbell

join:2001-04-27
Campbell, CA
reply to kh2002

I was notified 2 weeks ago. I took the bite and will be moved to Uverse come 9/4/2012. Taking the day off to make sure it comes up or at least have a reason why Uverse isn't working. House full of internet fiends (wife and kids) they demand their dsl to be working.

My only concern is making sure Netflix works on all the devices in the house and that I can play my online games without any lag issues.

My DSL on my alcatel 1000 is about 5 meg down with 600 meg upload. Had a DSL tech come out and she said I have a very strong signal. Green RT is located down the street. I have been seeing occasional drops from DSL the past few months. But I don't stay down too long.

Uverse box is across the street about 4 to 5 houses over.
I asked why was I selected to move to Uverse, I was given the following answer that the area is saturated with DSL and some folks are getting disconnected. So they are starting to move us over to Uverse to eliminate this issue.

I asked for the Max with 12 meg down. I didn't request FastPath yet. Im hoping the interleave service is good enough for my gaming consumption and Netflix HD streaming.

I'll repost on 9/4 if everything is hunky dory or come back with my sob story that it was a bad decision.

ATT will send a tech for free to get the install done correctly. Hopefully the switch over is a non issue.

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5

I assume you will be getting a new modem. Do you have to pay for that? Do you have a choice of a modem/router combo (aka 2wire) or a modem only?

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

Heree's a link to a copy of the uverse letter

uverse letter

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5

Thanks for the letter. Doesn't say anything about modem or modem/router types of choices though.

cholt
Indeed

join:2000-04-26
San Jose, CA

I got the letter and am making the switch - internet only. They're sending me a 2Wire 3600HGV, which is arriving today. U-Verse gets turned up this coming Monday the 27th. Fingers crossed.

vcincampbell

Campbell, CA
reply to bbear2

Everything supposedly will be free for this conversion from dsl to uverse. This coming Tuesday this switch over will happen. I'll post when it does.

vcincampbell

Campbell, CA

Transitioning from DSL to Uverse....painless. I had the 6 meg download package for DSL and then I moved over to the 12 meg Max package.
Before transition: I was getting about 5 meg down with ~600kb up.
Now I'm getting 11.53 meg down and ~1.45 to 1.5 meg upload.
Netflix seems to render pretty good. Didn't get any disconnect when running quests on my current MMO. Kids aren't complaining with their online games. Best of all, wife is happy that her internet connection wasn't affected.

There was a little cause for concern, they said my uverse box was about 3900 ft away. I said wait, there is a box 4 houses over. They said nope that isn't my box, I'm getting fed from a Uverse box 3900 feet away. I asked my tech about FastPath and he didn't know what I was talking about. I just let it drop.

The modem they gave me PACE DSL Gateway Model 4111N well it looks like this one. I don't have the exact model number since I'm typing this at work.

Glad its all running well.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
reply to kh2002

it's a different pace unit but it's not the 4111n that one is an ADSL model only (unless pace/2wire specifies something after the number).

mnorris80

join:2011-06-06
Buckner, MO
reply to ILpt4U

All correct. Although with business service, you actually purchase the equipment. $100.00 for a wireless gateway or $75.00 for a modem, charged to first bill or paid for up-front, depending on outcome of credit check. You then own the equipment and are not charged monthly for it.

This is only internet service I'm talking about. IPTV prices vary all over the place. Movie channels are not offered on business IPTV service.

For business service, there is a $75.00 rebate available on the gateway after the service has been active for 60 days. $50.00 rebate for modem, after 60 days. The rebate comes in the form of a prepaid Visa/Mastercard gift card.

Also, U-verse VOIP telephone service is not offerred to business customers, probably because it only supports something like two phone lines at the moment.

I know this thread is largely about residential service, but I figured I'd throw in some of the quirks about the business service in case anyone reading was interested.

steff3

join:2012-10-05
Fairfield, CA
reply to David

so......4111n will not work with Uverse and I have to purchase a new modem to switch to this service?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by steff3:

so......4111n will not work with Uverse and I have to purchase a new modem to switch to this service?

If the Pace is only used on legacy ADSL, then yes.

I have a Pace 4111N-030 issued by my ISP:

Sonic.net Pace 4111N.

It is ADSL2+ (over ATM, no PPPoE), but it would not work on an ADSL2+ over PTM circuit; and lacks the AT&T 802.1x authentication certificate which replaces the PPPoE for U-verse Internet.
--
Norman

steff3

Fairfield, CA

Thanks for the response....since I just purchased my Pace three months ago maybe I will wait until they say I have to switch.

steff3

Fairfield, CA
reply to NormanS

Thanks for the response....since I just purchased my Pace three months ago maybe I will wait until they say I have to switch.