spc
Search similar:

uniqs
elito
join:2007-10-15
Brooklyn, NY

elito

[OOL] 8 bonded ch's..YES 8!

so i've been checking my modem's page almost once a day - for the past week in checking up on the upstream's dbm cus i just had a brand new wiring.. and today, to my surprise this afternoon..8 channels outta nowhere. its always been 5..tho the DL speeds were about the same..55-60Mb and not the 70+ that i see from some of the users here in BK with more bonded ch's

FullSpeed
join:2006-11-19

FullSpeed

Great, would be happy to see the same for UP. Any idea as to when they'll start bonding upstream channels, if ever?

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY

Premium Member

said by FullSpeed:

Great, would be happy to see the same for UP. Any idea as to when they'll start bonding upstream channels, if ever?

They'll probably start bonding US once there is a need.. What kind of max US do you receive now with 1?

LLStarks
Premium Member
join:2003-12-03
Roslyn, NY

LLStarks

Premium Member

Is standard tier being bonded too?

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon

I'm on 15/2 and I'm on 5 channels down.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to FullSpeed

Premium Member

to FullSpeed
said by FullSpeed:

Never see 8 upstreams. current hardware max is 4.

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35 to MxxCon

Anon

to MxxCon
Hmm nice - guess BK never had 603 so guess it's not "missing" Glad to see more channels being bonded, makes me feel all happy to have this Motorola SB6180 now then instead of my older SB6120.

I'm in CT so prolly wont see that for a while, still only 5 channels here but not really needing it yet I guess, get full speeds all the time on Boost+ (55-60Mbps )
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to elito

to elito
I was waiting for someone to post one of these pics. Enjoy the fast speeds, and I hope that rolls out to other problem areas for those who need it.

Anon_on_OOL
@optonline.net

Anon_on_OOL to elito

Anon

to elito
Thanks for posting the pic elito.
Sky766
join:2007-08-28
Bronx, NY

Sky766 to elito

to elito
8 bonded ch's here in the bronx as well.
»prntscr.com/9iqkd

I wish I got 70+ =/
»speedtest.net/result/195 ··· 5177.png
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

said by Sky766:

8 bonded ch's here in the bronx as well.
»prntscr.com/9iqkd

I wish I got 70+ =/
»speedtest.net/result/195 ··· 5177.png

why, do you have ultra?
if not, those speeds are great!

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
said by SHoTTa35 :

Hmm nice - guess BK never had 603 so guess it's not "missing" Glad to see more channels being bonded, makes me feel all happy to have this Motorola SB6180 now then instead of my older SB6120.

I'm in CT so prolly wont see that for a while, still only 5 channels here but not really needing it yet I guess, get full speeds all the time on Boost+ (55-60Mbps )

Did you buy the SB6180 or did CV give it to you?

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35

Anon

Got it after my 6120 died suddenly. Motorola gave me that instead of another 6120 or even a 6121. I was gonna buy one anyways so I checked on Amazon and they were like $89. I called CV and he said they could support it so I was happy to see the exchange anyways

I think the available 6141 is similar other than it uses a TI chipset instead of mine being Broadcom.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to elito

to elito
isn't it true when you begin to use 25%+ of your upstream the downstream tends to fall off a cliff?

this is what I've noticed with (ahem) some legal downloads of linux via bittorrent.. for arguments' sake.. (50/8 tier & arris 822g)
Rojo31
join:2009-04-14
New York, NY

Rojo31 to elito

to elito
What's the Motorola SB6180 equivalent model # to get if you need a phone jack on modem for OV?

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

I think CV still requires you use their modems for OV - you can't bring your own.
Thinkdiff

Thinkdiff to tmc8080

MVM,

to tmc8080
said by tmc8080:

isn't it true when you begin to use 25%+ of your upstream the downstream tends to fall off a cliff?

this is what I've noticed with (ahem) some legal downloads of linux via bittorrent.. for arguments' sake.. (50/8 tier & arris 822g)

That could indicate a half duplex problem at some point in your network - the downstream and upstream are separate channels on the modem so one doesn't prevent the other from working.

The only issue comes from TCP ACKs (from downloads going back to the server) slowing down due to high upload saturation. Normally, this would happen when the upload is maxed out - not around 25% or even 50% in my experience. If you have a fancier router, you could even do QoS to give priority to ACKs over general upload traffic if it becomes an issue.

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL to Rojo31

to Rojo31
said by Rojo31:

What's the Motorola SB6180 equivalent model # to get if you need a phone jack on modem for OV?

SBV6240 »www.motorola.com/web/Bus ··· heet.pdf
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to Thinkdiff

to Thinkdiff
The issue seems to have corrected itself.. not sure how or why.
I have the ooma voip device connected(after router) but I don't think that's the issue. My router is an older actiontec router from Verizon so maybe it needs tweaking.. I'm waiting until the 802.11ac routers come down in price and there are cheaper dongle devices are available.

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

StreetSpirit to elito

Premium Member

to elito
Click for full size
8 downstream channels bound
Yay!

Right before DSLR went down, my modem reset and a config was pushed which bound all 8 downstream channels!

I hope they begin working on the upstream and offer 5 mbit to regular users, and possibly 10 or 15 to Boost Plus.

I'm on Boost Plus using an Arris 802g.

--
Regards,
Dave
Posted via Tapatalk Pro - ASUS Transformer Prime
StreetSpirit

2 edits

StreetSpirit to LLStarks

Premium Member

to LLStarks
Click for full size
regular ool
Mxx, it really all depends on the node and perhaps competition from Verizon FIOS. My mom's 23 story co-op literally across the street from Mxx as I lived with her at one point in the early 2000's.

My mom is also on standard, and she has 8 channels bound for some time now. Of course, her condo 23story bldg has had Verizon installing FIOS for the last month.

As for their packages, I kinda like CV and my mom HATES Verizon impersonal billing, so both of us will remain with CV for the time being. Here's the same screen off her modem (using Teamviewer to access her PC. :

(a few minutes and ill post the image.)
StreetSpirit

StreetSpirit to SHoTTa35

Premium Member

to SHoTTa35
said by SHoTTa35 :

I am 100% positive that 603mhz was the channel used for standard OOL for the longest time. I'm talking about Brooklyn. My mother had 603mhz when on a regular acct. Boost users had 603, 609 and 615/621 depending on area.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

1 recommendation

frdrizzt

Due to interference on the 603 MHz frequency it was moved in Brooklyn & Bronx to 687 about 2-3 years ago. Now that's been dropped it seems to keep everything close in frequency for the multi-channel bonding.

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

StreetSpirit

Premium Member

Thank you. I knew I wasn't getting senile!

Bondo
@151.190.0.x

Bondo to StreetSpirit

Anon

to StreetSpirit
You need 96 bonded channels - »German Cable ISP Hits 4.7 Gbps [51] comments
Parth
join:2010-08-16
Poughkeepsie, NY
ARRIS TM1602
Linksys WRT1900ACS

Parth