spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jedisteve

@centurytel.net

Internet connection dropping ?

I use to have this issues when I first moved in then I fixed it for a few months by bridging the modem. Now the issue returns for some reason. I have a 660 modem and using a linksys wrt54gl router. The connection would just drop for 3-5 seconds and come back on again. This makes game playing horrible cause I get disconnected from the game. Any ideas and how to fix this ?

dondude

join:2005-09-15
Lehigh Acres, FL
Bump, anyone have any ideas?

ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·CenturyLink
reply to jedisteve
Sounds like a problem with either the line or equipment at their end unless it's a loose connection inside the house. Happened to me one weekend then they got it fixed. You can check by going out and disconnecting the line going into the house and connecting your modem directly to the jack on the outside to see if it still happens. If it does you have to get them to fix it.

Green Day
Premium
join:2006-09-03
Phoenix, AZ
reply to jedisteve
This happened at my old house daily, several times throughout the day. I'd know, because AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) would tell me each time it got disconnected/reconnected. I just moved out 1 day ago and no problems at the new house yet.

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Primus Telecommu..
reply to jedisteve
1, Connect directly to the modem, setup a PPPoE connection in your OS, test that for a while to rule out the router.

2, While connected directly to the modem, check your modem log and line stats to see if it's a line issue.

3, Buy a new router.