spc
uniqs

Chuck sTruck
@teksavvy.com

Chuck sTruck to Hackster

Anon

to Hackster

Re: [Cable] Unacceptable Internet Service - Markham

I'd say the last of the big three is Shaw. Telus is on it's way out as most are making the switch out west due to Telus's anemic 25/7 speeds.
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG

Premium Member

said by Chuck sTruck :

I'd say the last of the big three is Shaw. Telus is on it's way out as most are making the switch out west due to Telus's anemic 25/7 speeds.

What's with you and your anti-Telus anti-DSL posts all the time?

It's getting old.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to Chuck sTruck

Premium Member

to Chuck sTruck
said by Chuck sTruck :

There's a LARGE part of Canada that would love to have 25/7 as an option... It's hardly "anemic".

And people are switching in the West - to Telus... They are laying the boots to Shaw, by most accounts:

»www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 2299918/
bdoyledimou
join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou

So where does Markham stand on the upgrades? I know they are on a list, but they have been on a list since October. is there anything concrete yet? I have to make a decision here -- once school lets out in 10 days this area is going to be useless.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by bdoyledimou:

So where does Markham stand on the upgrades? I know they are on a list, but they have been on a list since October. is there anything concrete yet? I have to make a decision here -- once school lets out in 10 days this area is going to be useless.

According to TSI Blog Posted on May 23, 2012 by TSI Marc See Profile, Markham (Anderson) 1 gbps upgrade is still pending, along with Richmond Hill(Newkirk) 2 gbps. They've been rolling them out pretty steadily the past while so I don't think it'll be too much longer.

Any other problem would then have to be at the node level. The part that feeds your particular street/neighborhood somplace along there.

Cheers.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to TheMG

to TheMG
said by TheMG:

said by Chuck sTruck :

What's with you and your anti-Telus anti-DSL posts all the time?

It's getting old.

He's a troll in these forums and does not post anything useful.

34764170 (banned) to LazMan

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

said by Chuck sTruck :

There's a LARGE part of Canada that would love to have 25/7 as an option... It's hardly "anemic".

And people are switching in the West - to Telus... They are laying the boots to Shaw, by most accounts:

»www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 2299918/

Heh. Shaw can have the higher speeds all they want on paper but unless the network is provisioned properly it doesn't matter and they're suffering from the same issues Rogers and all the other cable co's are with under provisioned networks that cannot handle the throughput at peak hours. I'd rather have a 25Mbps connection that is able to function at full speed or close enough to it all the time vs 250Mbps (or 75Mbps for Rogers) that goes down to 1-2Mbps at peak hours. Not that that is the one and only reason people are switching from Shaw to Telus. The extremely bad customer service seems to be a much bigger issue.
bdoyledimou
join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou to TwiztedZero

to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero See Profile
According to TSI Blog Posted on May 23, 2012 by TSI Marc See Profile, Markham (Anderson) 1 gbps upgrade is still pending, along with Richmond Hill(Newkirk) 2 gbps. They've been rolling them out pretty steadily the past while so I don't think it'll be too much longer.
[/BQUOTE :

It been 8 months! that's my point.. 9 months of "soon" and another month of "soon".

At least if i am with Rogers directly, when i don't get the speed/service i am paying for, i get a credit, not a price increase and promises of "soon".

Expand your moderator at work