Search similar:

uniqs
bryant313_t
join:2012-05-03

bryant313_t to lilstone87

to lilstone87

Re: [NV] Slow Upload Speed and Higher Pings

yeah that is what i am hoping is that they can monitor it while it is happening

since this problem is getting pretty annoying i can not even game i am paying for Xbox live and can not play most of the time since it is just too spastic

hopefully some resolution maybe in sight

i wonder if i am the only person in the Las Vegas Market having this issue
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by bryant313_t:

yeah that is what i am hoping is that they can monitor it while it is happening

since this problem is getting pretty annoying i can not even game i am paying for Xbox live and can not play most of the time since it is just too spastic

hopefully some resolution maybe in sight

i wonder if i am the only person in the Las Vegas Market having this issue

Well I understand how you feel not being able to play the games you want online, without having to worry if your connection is going to go to shit at any time. I have dealt with this same issue, and its not fun or enjoyable. When you are paying a company for a service that is not reliable at all.
bryant313_t

bryant313_t

yep and getting to a point where i just can not take it anymore
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by bryant313_t:

yep and getting to a point where i just can not take it anymore

Sounds like me just not to long ago, sadly you just have to stay on top of them till the issue is found, and fixed. Because most area's there isn't much of an option regarding internet service, if you want decent speeds. Either cable, or dsl around here, take your pick. Fios is very limited as everyone knows, but it would be nice to have FTTH as an internet option.
bryant313_t

bryant313_t

what was your internet issue that was pushing you over the edge?
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by bryant313_t:

what was your internet issue that was pushing you over the edge?

Uh I dunno if you seen but not to long before the site went down, I posted a thread about ongoing upstream noise issue. That I have spent a long time working with many local cox people to get resolved.
bryant313_t

bryant313_t

i think i have seen the thread but did you ever get you issue resolved?

and were your issues similar to mine?
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by bryant313_t:

i think i have seen the thread but did you ever get you issue resolved?

and were your issues similar to mine?

Well as for my issue, its better but rather not say much on it. As many times in the past, I thought things were better, only for it to start happening again. As for the issue, random packet loss happening often. Which would lag you right out of a game, and the modem would even reboot at times due to the problem.
bryant313_t

bryant313_t

wow

it seems that the longer my issue has gone on it has gotten worse

i get sick of having to call them and have them come out to find nothing sometimes i feel like i am going crazy because of it
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by bryant313_t:

wow

it seems that the longer my issue has gone on it has gotten worse

i get sick of having to call them and have them come out to find nothing sometimes i feel like i am going crazy because of it

Yeah I know the feeling, just stay on top of the contact you have now. The best thing you can do, knowing its someone that works local to you, and can get you into contact if needed with others on getting things resolved. I had to do the same thing at first.
bryant313_t

bryant313_t

will do

i will make sure to keep this thread updates as too what is going on
bryant313_t

to lilstone87
well it is 8:50 pm and cox tech never called me back and i am having the issue again higher pings and slow upload speeds

oh boy what do i do i hate calling them but i guess you have to do what you have to do :/
bryant313_t

bryant313_t

update had to call tech support again

the rep told me that the upstream signal levels for the street looked low so he is sending a field supervisor or maintenance tech to run some tests on the street

i will keep you guys updated
AZHSISUPPRT2
join:2007-11-01
Glendale, AZ

AZHSISUPPRT2 to bryant313_t

to bryant313_t
Bryant313,

Could you PM me your MAC address? I'd like to take a look at the node and check it for upstream node utilization and see if there are any issues.

Thanks,
bryant313_t

bryant313_t

had a bunch of k4 techs out today sweeping the area for any issues and they were coming up empty

i do not know if the issue occurred today since i was not around most of the day

but the tech checked everything in the house talked to a ton of maintenance workers

and found nothing he will return tomorrow he wants to swap my modem so that he can eliminate the issue completely of it being anything in my home

i asked him what happens if this issue still occurs he said call any time and we will even show up at 4am to visual see that it is in fact occurring

so i will keep you guys posted with more information
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by bryant313_t:

had a bunch of k4 techs out today sweeping the area for any issues and they were coming up empty

i do not know if the issue occurred today since i was not around most of the day

but the tech checked everything in the house talked to a ton of maintenance workers

and found nothing he will return tomorrow he wants to swap my modem so that he can eliminate the issue completely of it being anything in my home

i asked him what happens if this issue still occurs he said call any time and we will even show up at 4am to visual see that it is in fact occurring

so i will keep you guys posted with more information

Maybe take AZHSISUPPRT2 See Profile up on his offer, and PM him your modem's mac address. So he can take a look at the node, and utilization on the upstream on your node.
bryant313_t

bryant313_t

way ahead of ya already done

the internet has been working so far so good so i hope it is over with but as i have aid before i could go a day or two and the problem would be back so i am not holding my breath
bryant313_t

to lilstone87
update for today speeds have been pretty good today expect
for a internet drop last night at midnight for about 5 mins

today the k4 tech was back he saw the 5 minute drop and is investigating it also showed him the private message that azhsisupprt2 sent me

and i emailed him a copy of it and he will looking into that as well

he will return Tuesday to swap out my modem so i will keep this thread updated
bryant313_t

to lilstone87
more updates my node will be moved to a new CMTS on Wednesday
bryant313_t

to lilstone87
with the new CMTS upgrade i am bonding 8 downstream channels now