nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:2
reply to danman48

Re: [IMG] IMG 1.9.1

Not till next week at the earliest.

said by danman48:

Do we have release notes on 1.9.1 anywhere?

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to nascar

are the video/audio hiccups fixed with 1.9.1?...also can the length of time of the channel banner now be changed in the settings?

nascar

Verona, NJ

I will have details next week... hopefully.

said by TitusTroy:

are the video/audio hiccups fixed with 1.9.1?...also can the length of time of the channel banner now be changed in the settings?

bushleaguer

join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ
reply to TitusTroy

said by TitusTroy:

the video/audio glitches post-1.9a are VERY, VERY, VERY annoying...I thought it might be related to my external drive but apparently that is not the case...if this is not fixed soon I'm contemplating switching back to RCN

Glad I'm not the only one who has been getting video glitches. I called tech support and they blamed my external hard drive even though I unhooked it and ran a thorough error check on it. I kept it off of the DVR and was still getting glitchy playback on my recordings so either the DVR is bad (which would mean the hard drives in both the DVR and the external are bad and that is too much of a coincidence) or there are problems with 1.9.

I don't know about going back to the cable company, however....I still remember the day I got FIOS hooked up and was stunned by the superior picture quality. I seriously doubt RCN or Comcast has made any significant improvements since then.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

said by bushleaguer:

Glad I'm not the only one who has been getting video glitches. I called tech support and they blamed my external hard drive even though I unhooked it and ran a thorough error check on it. I kept it off of the DVR and was still getting glitchy playback on my recordings so either the DVR is bad (which would mean the hard drives in both the DVR and the external are bad and that is too much of a coincidence) or there are problems with 1.9.

yup I literally get quick video/audio glitches with my 7232 on nearly everything I watch or record post-1.9a...most of the time I get multiple glitches throughout the program...happens only for a quick second but sometimes that quick second occurs during critical scenes causing me to miss important dialogue...all the VOD programming works fine

I tried rebooting the box, replugging all my cables etc...no point calling tech support as I'm sure it's not an issue on my end...pre-1.9 everything worked fine...am counting on 1.9.1 to fix this...I don't want to switch cable providers but no point in having a gorgeous picture if it's constantly having glitchy video/audio

any way I can get signed up for the slow spin for VHO5?

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

+1

bushleaguer

join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ
reply to TitusTroy

said by TitusTroy:

said by bushleaguer:

yup I literally get quick video/audio glitches with my 7232 on nearly everything I watch or record post-1.9a...most of the time I get multiple glitches throughout the program...happens only for a quick second but sometimes that quick second occurs during critical scenes causing me to miss important dialogue...all the VOD programming works fine

I tried rebooting the box, replugging all my cables etc...no point calling tech support as I'm sure it's not an issue on my end...pre-1.9 everything worked fine...am counting on 1.9.1 to fix this...I don't want to switch cable providers but no point in having a gorgeous picture if it's constantly having glitchy video/audio

said by TitusTroy:

said by bushleaguer:

I hear you in regards to there being no point to having a great picture that is marred by sporadic glitches in video and audio. I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll fix this with their firmware update. If they don't then looking into alternatives wouldn't be out of question.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

1.9.1 is supposed to fix all the video glitches that have been present since 1.9A....

We will all soon find out.

ronsc1985

join:2004-07-07
Manassas, VA
reply to nascar

Doesn't Verizon test the software extensively before release or do they use the Microsoft model which seem to be let the users find the bugs and then issue almost uncountable updates?

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to nascar

I have a Message here in VHO 1 that there's an update/maintenance occurring on 5/9. 1.9.1? The message says both 'routine maintenance' and 'upgrade' so who knows.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY

That would be the 1.9.1 fast spin in VHO1.....

Anon
reply to Nezmo

I got the same message in VHO 3 as well

nascar

Verona, NJ
reply to nascar

VHO 1, 3, 3A which is DAC 1

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6
reply to nascar

Lots of neat little features in 1.9.1.

Things i noticed:

Color scheme changed to darker greyish theme
Ability to adjust LED clock display (low, med, high)
Auto power off feature (1-4 hours) inactivity? not sure

Bunch of other stuff havent had time to play

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY

said by Onedollar:

Things i noticed:

Do you know if the size and duration of the channel banner can be changed?

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY

Yes it can - that is a new feature.

johnf2
Bucks County, PA. VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

4 edits

just lou asked: Do you know if the duration of the channel banner can be changed?

nycdave said: Yes it can - that is a new feature.

That is great, waited a long time for that!
--
JohnF

joe01880

join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA
reply to nascar

dimming the lighthouse (clock) will be a welcome feature

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY

Yes, there are quite a few customer-requested features in this release.....LED brightness is one of them.

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6
reply to nascar

Oh yes, duration of banner, split out by flipping channels and pushing info button. I think its from 2 seconds all the way to 8 second intervals. Default is around 6. i set to 4.

Annoyances:
Widget bazzar - when using, goes back to old color scheme. (1.9)
Some widget like nba score widget - still reverts back to pre 1.9 format and colors.....

They need to clean up and have all menus on the SAME color scheme and platform, looks nasty

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

Yes it can - that is a new feature.

Thank god...

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY

Just to clarify - the display duration of the banner can be changed, not the banner size.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

nycdave, do you know if the audio driver issue on 7XXX boxes (the one that caused "stuttering/distortion" on Pandora and Verizon Media Manager streaming) was fixed?

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ
reply to nascar

1) How about the occasional 'freezing' lockup of playback during FFW, cauing the need to exit from the recording, then come back in & resume play ...

2) Someone should have tentative VHO dates to post by now ?

Anon
reply to nascar

Anyone have a list of the Dac order for the rollout?

nascar

Verona, NJ
reply to just lou

The duration is configurable when changing channels and when Info is pressed. Two separate settings.

There is no change with regards to this size of the Info Bar (that I see) but it might be a bit smaller. Not sure. The Info Bar as well at the IMG has gone through a visual re-work.

said by just lou:

said by Onedollar:

Things i noticed:

Do you know if the size and duration of the channel banner can be changed?

nascar

Verona, NJ
reply to PJL

Numerous Firmware updates have been made to address the numerous audio and video issues. I need more time to see what is fixed and still an issue.

Pandora *should* be fixed in this release.

said by PJL:

nycdave, do you know if the audio driver issue on 7XXX boxes (the one that caused "stuttering/distortion" on Pandora and Verizon Media Manager streaming) was fixed?

nascar

Verona, NJ
reply to MeatChicken

Numerous Firmware updates have been made to address the numerous lock ups and reboots. I need more time to see what is fixed and still an issue.

Not sure anyone wants to or can post dates.

said by MeatChicken:

1) How about the occasional 'freezing' lockup of playback during FFW, cauing the need to exit from the recording, then come back in & resume play ...

2) Someone should have tentative VHO dates to post by now ?

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY
reply to nascar

Lets hope you don't uncover any issues - this release was extensively tested as usual, and it looks to be very stable so far.....(let the bashing start)..

nascar

Verona, NJ

My first reaction is: WOW! Since a lot of what I asked for is in it

Nothing is perfect... But I'm trying!

said by nycdave:

Lets hope you don't uncover any issues - this release was extensively tested as usual, and it looks to be very stable so far.....(let the bashing start)..