« Fios SD - HD channel remappingFios Channel line up »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · next

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650
reply to Dliv

Re: [IMG] IMG 1.9.1

said by Dliv:

I never had them (the glitches) before I replaced my old box with a 7232. I have no issues with the TV that's hooked up to 7100 box.

....still....just hooking up a new box, screwing/unscrewing cables, etc., can introduce issues in connection lines. And sometimes an older box is more fault-tolerant of a bad signal than others.

If others are not reporting widespread "glitching" with 1.9.1, then it might be worth a service call. Most people that have it (not I!) seem to indicate that the dropouts are gone.

faulknkid

join:2002-07-30
Murrieta, CA
said by sbernstein5:

said by Dliv:

If others are not reporting widespread "glitching" with 1.9.1, then it might be worth a service call. Most people that have it (not I!) seem to indicate that the dropouts are gone.

Are you trying to overload the call centers? I too have "glitching" on hockey, basketball, and other various channels, on both my new 7232 and new 7100 boxes. With the new IMG! Usually I just press "pause" and then "play" to correct it. It happens in both live and recorded material. Getting quite annoying to be honest with you.

How wide spread do you want it.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to sbernstein5
said by sbernstein5:

said by Dliv:

I never had them (the glitches) before I replaced my old box with a 7232. I have no issues with the TV that's hooked up to 7100 box.

....still....just hooking up a new box, screwing/unscrewing cables, etc., can introduce issues in connection lines. And sometimes an older box is more fault-tolerant of a bad signal than others.

How do you qualify "most people." Just curious.

1.9.1 does not fix the glitches. Just accept that.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
reply to sbernstein5
said by sbernstein5:

said by just lou:

said by MacAlert:

I've been getting video glitches occasionally however I am still in 1.9a (VHO5). Doubt it's the update causing this.

Same here. I even had a recording that was so bad, I deleted it without watching it. Something is amiss with FiOS lately, and it probably isn't 1.9.1.

Lou, you don't have 1.9.1 yet. I suspect there is some other issue with the poster's connectivity...

Obviously I/we don't have it. That is why I told him I believe the problem goes beyond 1.9.1.

joe01880

join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA
reply to Nezmo
said by Nezmo:

said by sbernstein5:

said by Dliv:

1.9.1 does not fix the glitches. Just accept that.

but does it create any?

FTBoomer

join:2011-04-22
Tampa, FL
reply to nascar
Turned on the TV this morning and got the message that I will get the upgrade on 6-12-12.

Tampa FL

bull3964

@verizon.net
said by FTBoomer:

Turned on the TV this morning and got the message that I will get the upgrade on 6-12-12.

Tampa FL

Ditto for Pittsburgh.

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state
reply to TitusTroy
Now I'm being told the 1.9.1 is going happen June 26th, this a verizon rep so I don't know what believe since last one was wrong.

sbernstein5

10024-5650
said by FiosTV1080I:

Now I'm being told the 1.9.1 is going happen June 26th, this a verizon rep so I don't know what believe since last one was wrong.

For which VHO?

FiosTV1080I

united state
VHO 5 NY

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to FTBoomer
said by FTBoomer:

Tampa FL

IMG 1.9.1 is now Up and Running in Tampa FL VHO 2.
So far so Good very responsive Colors are OK VOD loads faster. I'll Keep you guy's posted.

Gerryex

join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

2 edits
reply to nascar
Yes, I too am in the Tampa area and got 1.9.1 last night.

While I do admit that the new colors do have more contrast and thus may help some people (I never had a problem) I think the new colors can be described in one word: UGLY!!! The old colors had some gradients and it gave them a slight three dimentional feel. The new colors may (or may not - its hard to tell!) still have some gradient but is so slight that everything seems very flat vs. the 3D feel of the old colors.

Frankly it really doesn't bother me that much either way, but it just seems from the aesthetic point of view they have taken a great leap BACKWARDS!!

Gerry

FTBoomer

join:2011-04-22
Tampa, FL
reply to nascar
Love the new guide colors but for me, the biggest improvement is allowing me to dim the clock on my bedroom DVR. Damn thing was so bright I had a piece of window tint on it and it still was too bright.

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
said by FTBoomer:

Love the new guide colors but for me, the biggest improvement is allowing me to dim the clock on my bedroom DVR. Damn thing was so bright I had a piece of window tint on it and it still was too bright.

LOL

tennisman94

join:2010-02-18
Palm Harbor, FL
reply to nascar
Received the 1.9.1 update today. The darkened color-scheme reminds me of "night mode" for a car nav system. My only critiques are that black hilighted/selected text on the dark color background and the program type labels on the info popup have much worse contrast than anything I saw with the old light color background.
7232 clock dimming is by far the best feature.

wyatte47

join:2008-03-02
Tampa, FL
reply to nascar
I also received the new guide last night here in Tampa. I love the new color scheme. Also I don't see the pixilation during recored playback as often as I used too. And lastly my remote control response used to be terrible if watching tv while recording something else on another channel, the new release seems to have fixed that also. So far very pleased!

Anon6758

@verizon.com
reply to nascar
Does anyone have 1.9.1 who is colorblind? I'm hoping it's better than 1.9...

Gerryex

join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL
reply to nascar
I got 1.9.1 on Tues (Tampa area) and I have already seen at least one freeze/pixelate/jump which we all hoped was going to be fixed with this release. Nope!

I have my front display set up to show the time when powered off and the channel number when on. There was a bug that sometimes when it is off the time will jump to some random number but the time of recordings are NOT changed and are recorded correctly. Then only symptom of this bug is the wrong time displayed and turning it on and then off again restores the correct time. I chuckled when I saw that bug was still there in 1.9.1! This morning when I went to get the paper at about 7 AM, the time showing was 12:12 PM! I have the 7 AM news recorded each day and I could see that it was correctly being recorded but the bug was still there!!!

VERY POOR showing for 1.9.1 in my opinion! And the colors ARE ugly!!!

Gerry

keyboards

join:2001-02-14
Doylestown, PA
reply to Anon6758
said by Anon6758 :

Have partial red-green and never really had any major problems with 1.9a. 1.9.1 uses a darker (also to my eye higher contrast) color scheme - not user adjustable.

Still can't differentiate all the different "types" of program by color, but couldn't do that before either. Don't know if that answers your question.
--
REMEMBER: Stupidity should be painful !!

justin9876

join:2006-04-21
Keller, TX
reply to Anon6758
said by Anon6758 :

Depends on your type and severity of colorblindness I guess

I am red-green colorblind. I really preferred the 1.9a guide, I found it great, but the 1.9.1 version is ok. I have had 1.9.1 long enough now that I am used to it (but given a choice I would still pick the 1.9a version).

Some people complained when 1.9a was delivered, now people complain about 1.9.1. Verizon really needs to offer customers a choice for the color schemes; I have a small local cable company's service at our lake house, at any time on their DCH6xxx Motorola boxes I can choose any one of 13 color schemes. If Verizon would do something like that then no one would have a reason to complain (other than there were too many choices, and I am sure they would get some complaints like that.....).
--
Justin
Verizon FiOS TV and Internet
Motorola QIP7232 HD DVR
Motorola QIP 7100-P2
Sony KDL-V40XBR1

twilleyj

join:2001-11-10
Odessa, FL
(Tampa, FL)
I have the newer DVRs...Motorola QIP 7232's.

I got 1.9.1 the other day...and LOVE IT!
My thoughts:

-The darker colors are easier on the eyes.
-The response time is WAY faster.
-The remote now works at better angles...sounds weird, but I can now use it from the kitchen sink, whereas I couldn't before.
-The LED can be DIMMED! Hip-Hip-Horray.
-I can use the LAST button to toggle between recorded and Live TV. Kinda cool feature.

No pixilation, as others were complaining about. That is normally a signal strength issue. Verizon Support can remotely diagnose that if you call them!! I know, cause I have that fixed last fall. They boosted something in a box down the street. Well worth the 1.5 hour phone call.
--

rlindner

join:2004-10-10
Tonawanda, NY
reply to nascar
VHO15 (Buffalo, NY) got 1.9.1 this morning

frankpf3
Verizon Fios

join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY
VHO5 up next?

bkrickles

join:2008-06-25
Nesconset, NY
Hope so!

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to rlindner
said by rlindner:

VHO15 (Buffalo, NY) got 1.9.1 this morning

You must be part of the slow spin. Others are not reporting it.

FiosTV1080I

united state
reply to frankpf3
Yes vho 5 NY is next I was told within week of June 26th, see what happens so far no message on the message center about it or no banner about 1.9.1as of yet.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios

join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY
What day has the banners been showing up? Is it usually the prior Thursday?

cbowen

@mmc.com
reply to FiosTV1080I
VHO 6 too or just 5 ?

sbernstein5

10024-5650
reply to FiosTV1080I
said by FiosTV1080I:

Yes vho 5 NY is next I was told within week of June 26th, see what happens so far no message on the message center about it or no banner about 1.9.1as of yet.

I have not seen any banner yet either.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by sbernstein5:

said by FiosTV1080I:

I have not seen any banner yet either.

The banners showed up the Thursday before for our upgrade.