Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

valvoj

join:2002-01-23
Cicero, NY
reply to nascar

Re: [IMG] IMG 1.9.1

I got the black color scheme few days ago, then yesterday it reloaded with the blue color scheme, now tonight reload back to black. Guess I'm in the split personality area.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
I have a 7100-1 stb that sometimes stops responding to commands from the remote and then eventually changes channels on a long delay.
Had to reboot the box then it was ok.
Is it a STB problem or IMG related?

mattkelly

join:2010-11-12
East Northport, NY
said by icemannyr1:

I have a 7100-1 stb that sometimes stops responding to commands from the remote and then eventually changes channels on a long delay.

Actually it might be a little more simple- try replacing your remote batteries.

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
reply to nascar
As some have already suggested, the message that 1.9.1 is coming on 6/26 to VHO 5 is now showing up on the STB's.

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
reply to mattkelly
said by mattkelly:

said by icemannyr1:

Actually it might be a little more simple- try replacing your remote batteries.

As silly as it sounds, this usually works for me too when my remote starts acting up.

PhoenixOne

join:2009-12-16
Old Bethpage, NY
reply to nascar
Got the message that 1.9.1 will happen on the morning of 6-26. (VH05)

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state
Yeah same here for Tuesday morning 6/26 before 6am.

venezim

join:2011-10-12
Marlborough, MA
Anyone know about MA (VHO6)? When 1.9a hit we got it the same day as NY since we're both on DAC5. But unlike the folks from NY that have been posting, I'm not seeing any messages about 1.9.1 on any of my STBs.

venezim

join:2011-10-12
Marlborough, MA
Message showed up this morning, IMG update on 6/27.

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650
reply to nascar
....clearly the orders came down from somebody to get this update pushed out the door before the July 4th holiday!

Verizon pushing out an update 2 VHOs in 2 days -- the world might just explode!

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1

1 edit
They push it out by Dac's. So multiple VHO's often get hit the same day.

nh5

join:2006-01-21
Old Bethpage, NY
1.9.1 is being downloaded now all my boxes just went out and TERMINAL Locked is on the screens. Too bad I'm switching to cablecards cause the box fees suck.

Torrid Zone

join:2009-06-13
Carmel, NY

1 edit
Two of my HD boxes just updated fine but my 7232 isn't working properly. The TV works OK but I can't access the DVR, guide, menu, widgets or any other remote control feature. The box has reset now about 4 or 5 times. I' not going to touch it until later this morning. Geez I hope this can be corrected as I would hate to lose all these recordings.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
reply to nascar
I am finally happy I can change the brightness on my 7232 box!!
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
Everytime there is an upgrade the other STB's can never access the multiroom DVR. I forgot how I got it working last time. I guess I just need to reset everything.

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
reply to nascar
I got it this morning. I thought I'd hate the new colors, but I like them. The ability to lower the 8 second channel bar delay was worth the price of admission.

NNard

join:2012-06-26
Bethpage, NY
reply to matcarl
Hit refresh devices under DVR setting on your STB's.

NNard

@verizon.net
reply to matcarl
Hit 'refresh devices' under DVR setting.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
Ok, thanks Nard, I'll try it.
Also another thing I noticed that I like is when you turn off the box it goes to the time immediately, before there was like a 5 second delay.

NNard

join:2012-06-26
Bethpage, NY
You can also dim the clock which is a nice option as well. It is looking good so far but haven't had the time to play around with it yet - well done IMG team!

Lex Luthor
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Hicksville, NY
kudos:3
reply to nascar
Got the update.

Really like that last takes me back to the DVR. Also, I can FINALLY stream 2 HD shows on remote boxes at the same time. Those 2 were big blunders in previous versions.

Still, they haven't fixed a rather major issue in that if you are watching something that's still recording, but behind live, if you fast forward and catch up to live, it bumps you all the way out instead of taking you live. That's pretty easy to do if you are watching something a few minutes behind live. You then have to ff all the way to the point you were at and try to not go too far (catch up to live) or it'll happen again.

How has that not been fixed? Or am I doing something wrong?

WhatsHot

join:2012-05-10
reply to nh5
said by nh5:

1.9.1 is being downloaded now all my boxes just went out and TERMINAL Locked is on the screens. Too bad I'm switching to cablecards cause the box fees suck.

Just be sure you get equipment that is MPEG4-enabled when replacing your STB so you don't miss out on any future content.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

1 edit
reply to nascar
got the update in VHO5...I prefer the colors from 1.9a over the new one but it's not that big of deal since I'm not looking at the Guide/Menu for too long most of the time...I'll get used to it but they need to give users an option...the new one is too darn dark (especially compared to the old color layout)...much harder on the eyes...and there's absolutely zero contrast and the slight color gradients is almost non-existent

maybe if they had never released the previous color layout the difference would not be so dramatic but compared to the bright reds and whites of 1.9a this drab brown color looks terrible

but the most important thing by far for me was the constant video/audio hiccups I was experiencing with 1.9a which in my limited time with 1.9.1 looks to be corrected (hopefully)...I also like the new channel/info bar timer option...I can't believe the default is 8 seconds!...way too long...but now I changed it to 4 seconds which is a lot better

I wish they would give us a '2 minute' option to extend recordings...it goes from 1 minute then jumps all the way to 5 minutes...a 2 minute option would be nice

Oceanside426

@optonline.net
reply to Lex Luthor
I'm thinking about switching to Fios and Lex you just said that you can finally stream 2 HD shows at the same time which is great but does anyone know if you have multiple DVRs is it 2 streams from each DVR or is it 2 shows period. for Example MasterBedroom DVR => 2 Shows streaming SpareRoom DVR => 2 Shows streaming ETC.... I really want to know the answer to this before switching. Thanks.

danclan

join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA
its 2 HD VOD per home not per device. I am not aware of a limit for SD.

This is because each HD takes 15mbps of your bandwidth and 30mbps is the most they can do without impacting the performance of the third HD stream along with current tiered offerings - quick and dirty summary...

MrKal_El

join:2003-01-19
Franklin Square, NY
reply to nascar
Got 1.9.1 here in Franklin Square as well this morning...one thing I noticed...can't get "Full Guide" to work as secondary guide...

Not sure if this has been brought up before...
--
Twitter: MrKal_El

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
reply to Lex Luthor
I'm hoping this gets in the next release. 1.8 had it and it was very nice.

said by Lex Luthor:

Still, they haven't fixed a rather major issue in that if you are watching something that's still recording, but behind live, if you fast forward and catch up to live, it bumps you all the way out instead of taking you live. That's pretty easy to do if you are watching something a few minutes behind live. You then have to ff all the way to the point you were at and try to not go too far (catch up to live) or it'll happen again.

Oceanside426

@optonline.net
reply to danclan
This 2 stream limitation is something cable defiantly has Fios beat with as of currently with Cablevision I can start an HD VOD on all 6 of my set top boxes at the same time when I had Fios I could only start 1 HD and 3 SD with slight Blocky picture.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit
Does anyone know if the buffering problem was fixed? Sometimes if you left the channel alone and the next day came back, the buffer would be gone. Or was that fixed in the last update, I'm all confused now.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
Supposed to be fixed.

said by matcarl:

Does anyone know if the buffering problem was fixed? Sometimes if you left the channel alone and the next day came back, the buffer would be gone. Or was that fixed in the last update, I'm all confused now.