Search similar:

uniqs
FiosTV1080I
join:2010-09-06
united state

FiosTV1080I to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy

Re: [IMG] IMG 1.9.1

I don't like the darker guide color scheme I much preferred like 1.9 guide much better with brighter guide.

jpren74
@bellatlantic.com

jpren74 to nascar

Anon

to nascar
Just got the upgrade, Im just curious if anyone else has had a similiar problem as I am. I have an external hard drive on 7216 dvr, my hard drive was at 93% capacity and still shows this, however many of my recordings are missing, for example, i have been recording all of the breaking bad episodes, about 41 in total so far, but now only shows 10, yet the capacity has not changed, i would like to think that this change did not delete any recordings, but im at a loss, i tried unplugging everything and plugging back in but still no luck, any answers or help would be appreciated.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

Try an auto-correct from the main menu, customer support, in-home agent.

martd13
join:2004-01-08
Bayside, NY

martd13 to MrKal_El

to MrKal_El
said by MrKal_El:

Got 1.9.1 here in Franklin Square as well this morning...one thing I noticed...can't get "Full Guide" to work as secondary guide...

Not sure if this has been brought up before...

Same issue here. Usually had half guide for first press of the guide button followed by full guide. Now nothing happens with second press of button when set for full guide in secondary.

MrKal_El
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

MrKal_El

said by martd13:

said by MrKal_El:

Got 1.9.1 here in Franklin Square as well this morning...one thing I noticed...can't get "Full Guide" to work as secondary guide...

Not sure if this has been brought up before...

Same issue here. Usually had half guide for first press of the guide button followed by full guide. Now nothing happens with second press of button when set for full guide in secondary.

Even though I don't like it...I switched to have the Full guide first then Half...and it works this way.

Graybob
@verizon.net

Graybob to PJL

Anon

to PJL
I'm having same issue and auto correct did not work. Also tried rebooting stb, unplugging everything and still nothing showing from hard drive. Almost 200 hours of programming wiped out because of this upgrade. Has anyone else had any success restoring their recordings if they had same type of issue.

Anon_24
@alter.net

Anon_24

Anon

said by Graybob :

I'm having same issue and auto correct did not work. Also tried rebooting stb, unplugging everything and still nothing showing from hard drive. Almost 200 hours of programming wiped out because of this upgrade. Has anyone else had any success restoring their recordings if they had same type of issue.

Use the Auto-correct in the DVR menu. Not the IHA one.

Graybob
@verizon.net

Graybob

Anon

Auto correct in dvr doesn't seem to be working screen just seems to be stuck after I hit ok. Just says loading but nothing happening 5 min later. Not end of world but sucks to hear wife complain about all her batchlorette, bachelor, dancing with this, dancing with that, teen slut and all of her moronic shows missing. Really pisses me off because I had all my episodes of game of thrones and bunch of movies that aren't on demand anymore. Oh the horror.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1 to mattkelly

to mattkelly
said by mattkelly:

said by icemannyr1:

I have a 7100-1 stb that sometimes stops responding to commands from the remote and then eventually changes channels on a long delay.
Had to reboot the box then it was ok.
Is it a STB problem or IMG related?

Actually it might be a little more simple- try replacing your remote batteries.

Same thing happened again with new batteries in the remote.
I pressed channel down on the remote a couple times and the STB was slow to make the changes.
I pressed power off on the STB and it turned off after finishing the channel down commands and turned it back on and response to remote commands was normal.

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

Got it in Ma as scheduled. The guide color change is fine and the clock dimming feature removes an irritant. Well done!!
NNard
join:2012-06-26
Bethpage, NY

NNard to nascar

to nascar
Nascar,

I received the update yesterday in VHO 5 and while watching a recording on a remote STB, the timeline stopped while I was watching. I started watching the show 40 minutes into it, and the time stopped when I got to that point. I thought this was going to be fixed. Anyways, nice posting on the fixes and enhancements. I think the software team did a great job.
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

Does the chapters feature work for anyone while viewing a recorded program from the remote STB? The DVR is a 6416 and the remote STB is a 7100. It did not work with 1.9 but I have not had a chance to check it yet, now that we got 1.9.1 in MA this morning.

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar to NNard

to NNard
Sadly, it wasn't fixed. Or put the way 1.8 was. They know about it. Hoping in the next rev.
said by NNard:

Nascar,

I received the update yesterday in VHO 5 and while watching a recording on a remote STB, the timeline stopped while I was watching. I started watching the show 40 minutes into it, and the time stopped when I got to that point. I thought this was going to be fixed. Anyways, nice posting on the fixes and enhancements. I think the software team did a great job.

nascar

nascar

One more DAC to go!

joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

joe01880 to nascar

to nascar
A few things. Just got 1.9.1 over night, it started at 1:50am and finnished up about 2:28am.
The fonts (lettering) in the program guide now seem blurry with what might be ghosting but just a little. The orange color now appearing in the station avatars on the far left side appears offensive to my blue-yellow/red-green color blind eye's, meaning it sort of hurts to focus on it and lastly, is NECN HD new? Thats just at a glance, I will play with it more later.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

The colors are very dark and indistinguishable from each other. They all look basically the same to me. I don't really pay attention to the colors anyway, but now it's more noticeable that they all seem to be black and drab. Maybe to satisfy everyone, they should go back to no colors. The colors throw you off more and I bet most people don't even know what the colors even represent.
ZNYGUY
join:2005-01-06
Lake Grove, NY

ZNYGUY to nascar

to nascar
I hate the new colors....

Too muted

1. hard to distinguish different types of programing in the guide based upon color
2. hard to distinguish between previously viewed and unviewed shows on the DVR.

Who did they use as beta testers, colorblind people?

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

said by ZNYGUY:

Too muted

1. hard to distinguish different types of programing in the guide based upon color
2. hard to distinguish between previously viewed and unviewed shows on the DVR.

People who work for Verizon and are YES men.

Ken7
@verizon.net

Ken7

Anon

I like the new colors and find them much easier to read. I think this was a nice job by Verizon.
Ken7

Ken7 to MuDvAyNe

Anon

to MuDvAyNe
I like the new colors. I find it much easier to read the text now. Nice job.

joe01880
Wakefield, MA

joe01880 to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

The colors throw you off more and I bet most people don't even know what the colors even represent.

I would agree and i also do not know what the colors represent. I'm still not sure I'm seeing all the colors LOL
joe01880

joe01880 to ZNYGUY

to ZNYGUY
said by ZNYGUY:

IMO, the lack of

Tarheel72
join:2005-12-18
Plano, TX

Tarheel72 to nascar

to nascar
said by xyz :

One annoying bug I found is when you are scrolling down through the guide, you can't go past 695 (E! HD). The ability to scroll down is locked here. You have to manually enter a channel to get past this.

The mod locked the thread on this topic but should have left it open. I don't think this is a bug. I have had 1.9.1 for some time now and never had this issue until today. Suddenly you cannot scroll past E on the guide. You have to manually enter three channels further down the list to continue. you have to skip two VOD channels and one other, ABC Family I think it is. Then you can scroll, either one channel at a time or by "page". Doesn't matter if you are scrolling up or down the list. Every day is a new adventure with Verizon.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by Tarheel72:

said by xyz :

One annoying bug I found is when you are scrolling down through the guide, you can't go past 695 (E! HD). The ability to scroll down is locked here. You have to manually enter a channel to get past this.

The mod locked the thread on this topic but should have left it open. I don't think this is a bug. I have had 1.9.1 for some time now and never had this issue until today. Suddenly you cannot scroll past E on the guide. You have to manually enter three channels further down the list to continue. you have to skip two VOD channels and one other, ABC Family I think it is. Then you can scroll, either one channel at a time or by "page". Doesn't matter if you are scrolling up or down the list. Every day is a new adventure with Verizon.

I am not seeing this problem in VHO3.
justin9876
join:2006-04-21
Mount Juliet, TN

justin9876 to Tarheel72

to Tarheel72
said by Tarheel72:

said by xyz :

No problem today for me here in Keller, TX (same VHO). I tried with both my Favorites and the Full Guide, no issue scrolling past 695 (which is Comedy.TV, not E!HD which is 696). I did not test this earlier in the day, so I don't know if I had the problem in the past. But either they have fixed the problem or something strange is going on........
damink23
join:2002-08-19
Marlborough, MA

damink23 to Tarheel72

to Tarheel72
I am in vho6 and just got 1.9.1 and have the cant scroll past ch 696 issues. I called vz and they troubleshooted but no dice. They stated I was the first with this problem so if anyone else has it please call in n
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF to Tarheel72

to Tarheel72
My sister has the issue trying to scroll past 695 in MA but I dont, even though I live only three miles away.

She has a 6416 and I have a 7232. She has MRDVR and I have just a single room DVR. Maybe some of this matters...just putting it out there.

joe01880
Wakefield, MA

joe01880

said by DGGSLF:

My sister has the issue trying to scroll past 695 in MA but I dont, even though I live only three miles away.

She has a 6416 and I have a 7232. She has MRDVR and I have just a single room DVR. Maybe some of this matters...just putting it out there.

Im in Wakefield and have no problem scrolling all the way through the guide both in my favorites and the full guide using the 7232-2.

Have ya all tried unplugging your DVR's and letting them reboot, and or unplugging the router and letting it reset?
Dont know if it matters but cant see where it will hurt.
bobcamp177
join:2010-06-23
Cicero, NY

bobcamp177 to joe01880

to joe01880
Yes, the white lettering is a little blurry, like they're now almost too bright compared to the rest of the dark background. Otherwise I think the colors are good.
donman152
join:2007-02-20
Verona, NJ

donman152 to MuDvAyNe

to MuDvAyNe
When we first got the update a couple of months ago my first impression was that the new colors were horrible and dark.... But now I am used to them and like them - they don't seem dark to me anymore and I think are easier to read then the 1.9 colors.