Necn hd has been around for about a month now

shadowcaster1

join:2008-04-21
Dix Hills,NY

1 edit
reply to nascar
said by nascar:

1.9.1 Build 14.47 New Features:
20. DVR - Select a program to record and it will only record on the DVR that can record without conflict. If there is a conflict then the program will set the reminder on the DVR. So yes, this will look at your DVR’s and determine the one it can record on.

This is a great feature, however, they didn't take it far enough. That option works when you're recording individual shows manually but NOT with "series". If you try to set up 3 different series at the same start time you get the old yellow triangle telling you there's a conflict. No other DVR available option

Unless I'm missing something here.

SL83

join:2005-05-28
Oceanside, NY
kudos:1
reply to nascar
I want two features added:

1- When you hit the size, tell you what the size actually is.

2- When you are on a non-DVR, and you do upcoming showings - you should be able to set the upcoming showing to record instead of just set a reminder.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
#2 you can do now, you have been able to do it ever since 1.9
#1 what do you mean? Size of what?

SL83

Oceanside, NY
#2 only shows me Set Reminder. see here: »forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your···p/428777

#1 - the # key on the remote changes the screen size - but you have to cycle through them all - doesn't tell you the aspect ratio.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
What box do you have that doesn't show record? I think only the 2500-1 & 2500-2's can't. All the others can including the 2500-3

SL83

Oceanside, NY

1 edit
On my 7100 that is NOT a DVR - if I am watching a show, I can hit record and it will get recorded.

However, if I am halfway through it, and I want to record it from the start - I select the Info screen and select Upcoming showings. I can not set record from that.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
Well, it's not going to record from the start if you are halfway thru on another box, but I don't know if you can record the rest.

SL83

Oceanside, NY

1 edit
You need to read and understand what I am saying.

You know how you can search for next air dates of a show? Lets say a movie has started - so I search for the next air date - and it turns out to be 3 days from now at 1am.

I can not set a recording to that. All I am given is the option to set a reminder.

I don't know how else to explain this to you.

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ
reply to nascar
I think I know what he means ....
Ever since I got the update, If I hit record on the 7100's remote in the guide , I get a remider icon come up.
I have to select it again, hit record, verfy I want to record on the DVR , & then re-enter to delete the remider ....

shark2k

join:2008-06-01
West Orange, NJ
reply to SL83
No need to get snappy at Matcarl. He was at least trying to answer.

-Shark2k

Tarheel72

join:2005-12-18
Plano, TX
reply to DGGSLF
said by DGGSLF:

My sister has the issue trying to scroll past 695 in MA but I dont, even though I live only three miles away.

She has a 6416 and I have a 7232. She has MRDVR and I have just a single room DVR. Maybe some of this matters...just putting it out there.

Seems to have self corrected. Not having the issue now. Still get the stacato voice on most of WealthTV. One show will be good, then the next show is not. Same for the commercials. Some are fine, some are not. Just on two of my six STB's. Going to have to call tech support on this one I guess.
--
Go Heels!

shadowcaster1

join:2008-04-21
Dix Hills,NY

1 edit
reply to nascar
I've noticed that with 1.9.1 the "priority" of shows has no effect.

The show I have as the highest priority (first run only), in the Series Manager, is not recorded in favor of a show that is #11 (First run and repeats)

Anyone else notice this ?

BTW, overall very pleased with the upgrade and thanks to nascar for his detailed list of changes/features. As far as the color scheme, weve been watching Wimbledon and they're using almost the same scheme.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to nascar
glad to see they fixed the bug when fast forwarding to the end of a recorded program it no longer boots you out and takes you back to the main DVR menu...now it just stops the FF function if there's under a minute remaining in the program and resumes the program

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to SL83
said by SL83:

On my 7100 that is NOT a DVR - if I am watching a show, I can hit record and it will get recorded.

However, if I am halfway through it, and I want to record it from the start - I select the Info screen and select Upcoming showings. I can not set record from that.

I noticed that to, you can not schedule a recording in the Upcoming Shows menu.

SL83

Oceanside, NY
There are 2 workarounds - but it should just be easily done.

»forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your···p/428777

Two current workarounds:

a) press Info

b) press Options

c) select Upcoming Shows

d) press > (right arrow)

e) select a future dates showing

f) Info screen is displayed then user can select Record

or

a) find the desired future dated show in the Guide (time consuming if show time unknown)

b) press OK or Info

c) select Record

damink23

join:2002-08-19
reply to Tarheel72
Ditto. I had the issue above and the next day it was corrected. Not sure if vz did anything or not.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
I'm still have the problem of the 7100-1 STB not responding to commands from the remote and then doing those commands on a long delay.
I have to wait for the commands to finish or reboot the STB.

Anyone else notice this or could it just be an issue with this STB?

Ken7

@verizon.net
reply to bobcamp177
said by bobcamp177:

Yes, the white lettering is a little blurry, like they're now almost too bright compared to the rest of the dark background. Otherwise I think the colors are good.

Actually if your display is adjusted properly, there should be no fuzziness to the graphics. Try bringing down either your contrast or brightness a bit.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to icemannyr1
said by icemannyr1:

I'm still have the problem of the 7100-1 STB not responding to commands from the remote and then doing those commands on a long delay.
I have to wait for the commands to finish or reboot the STB.

Anyone else notice this or could it just be an issue with this STB?

I had it but an STA autocorrect fixed it for me

bobcamp177

join:2010-06-23
Cicero, NY
reply to Ken7
It was just calibrated properly! It's more like my eyes are having trouble seeing it. It I turn down the brightness, it's OK. But then the picture is too dark to see (because it's now uncalibrated).

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to nascar
after using 1.9.1 for over a week I am glad to see that the video/audio glitches are indeed gone...that was the single biggest annoyance ever...could not record or enjoy any program with those glitches which would sometime interrupt important scenes and conversations...would have to record the same show multiple times to get a relatively 'clean' show

have also somewhat adjusted to the new Guide/Menu colors...still prefer the previous 'brighter' colors but this is not too big of a deal...hopefully they will give us a color layout option with IMG 2.0 or 1.9.2

jpeezy13

join:2008-08-27
Pittsburgh, PA
Don't jinx yourself. Mine glitches were fixed too with the new update. Then about a week later we got some type of "soft update" or something to that nature, and the glitches returned. I have seen them regularly ever since. Perhaps not as often but they most certainly are there.

said by TitusTroy:

after using 1.9.1 for over a week I am glad to see that the video/audio glitches are indeed gone...that was the single biggest annoyance ever...could not record or enjoy any program with those glitches which would sometime interrupt important scenes and conversations...would have to record the same show multiple times to get a relatively 'clean' show

have also somewhat adjusted to the new Guide/Menu colors...still prefer the previous 'brighter' colors but this is not too big of a deal...hopefully they will give us a color layout option with IMG 2.0 or 1.9.2

DAVIDGR

join:2005-03-08
Armonk, NY
reply to nascar

Choose the MRDVR to record a program?

In the runup to the release of 1.9.1 I seem to recall that a new feature was that if we had the MRDVR we'd be able to select which box to record a program on. I can't find that option now, but I do have the ability to record a 3rd program on a different DVR if 2 programs are already scheduled on the first DVR.

Not really a big deal, but it might be useful. Anyone know how to do this?

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650
reply to jpeezy13

Re: [IMG] IMG 1.9.1

said by jpeezy13:

Don't jinx yourself. Mine glitches were fixed too with the new update. Then about a week later we got some type of "soft update" or something to that nature, and the glitches returned. I have seen them regularly ever since. Perhaps not as often but they most certainly are there.

Have you put in a service call to check your signal levels/wiring? It might be worth your time.

The "soft update" you refer to might add some new menu features but would not change something as core as how video is processed/streamed.

fiostv

@myvzw.com
For the last week after getting 1.9.1 my 7232 has been having bad video glitches did not have this many with 1.9. The home run derby had many where lower half of the screen would freeze. When is an update going to comd to fix this?

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to jpeezy13
said by jpeezy13:

Don't jinx yourself. Mine glitches were fixed too with the new update. Then about a week later we got some type of "soft update" or something to that nature, and the glitches returned. I have seen them regularly ever since. Perhaps not as often but they most certainly are there

I saw a video glitch the other day but it's nothing like it was before...even the new glitch didn't interrupt the audio/video, it was just a micro-glitch...I can definitely live with this as it was 10x worse before

jpeezy13

join:2008-08-27
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to sbernstein5
No I have not done so, because I never experience any video/audio glitches prior to 1.9. After that update, it was quite apparent, as others have noticed, that watching shows is very difficult. It always seems the glitches come at an important part of the show, and they are noticable on every station.

After we got 1.9.1, it seemed to us (my wife and I) that the glitches were completely gone. For a week it was nice to watch a program all the way thru without any issues. Then we got some type of "soft update" roughly a week after the 1.9.1 update, and the glitches returned.

I just assumed that it was software related, as nothing in my setup has changed.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:3
reply to DAVIDGR

Re: Choose the MRDVR to record a program?

It is box dependent...

On a DVR - It will always schedule/record to that DVR first unless there is a conflict. It will then offer another DVR. If there are conflicts then only a "set reminder" is presented.

On a non DVR - It will offer to schedule/record on any DVR with no conflicts. If there are conflicts then only a "set reminder" is presented.

said by DAVIDGR:

In the runup to the release of 1.9.1 I seem to recall that a new feature was that if we had the MRDVR we'd be able to select which box to record a program on. I can't find that option now, but I do have the ability to record a 3rd program on a different DVR if 2 programs are already scheduled on the first DVR.

Not really a big deal, but it might be useful. Anyone know how to do this?

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650
reply to jpeezy13

Re: [IMG] IMG 1.9.1

said by jpeezy13:

I just assumed that it was software related, as nothing in my setup has changed.

Just because nothing has changed inside your house doesn't mean that nothing is wrong with your signal...if people are not reporting widespread issues in your area, then it might be worth your effort just to have them come take a look.