Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bobcamp177

join:2010-06-23
Cicero, NY
reply to Ken7

Re: [IMG] IMG 1.9.1

It was just calibrated properly! It's more like my eyes are having trouble seeing it. It I turn down the brightness, it's OK. But then the picture is too dark to see (because it's now uncalibrated).

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to nascar

after using 1.9.1 for over a week I am glad to see that the video/audio glitches are indeed gone...that was the single biggest annoyance ever...could not record or enjoy any program with those glitches which would sometime interrupt important scenes and conversations...would have to record the same show multiple times to get a relatively 'clean' show

have also somewhat adjusted to the new Guide/Menu colors...still prefer the previous 'brighter' colors but this is not too big of a deal...hopefully they will give us a color layout option with IMG 2.0 or 1.9.2

jpeezy13

join:2008-08-27
Pittsburgh, PA

Don't jinx yourself. Mine glitches were fixed too with the new update. Then about a week later we got some type of "soft update" or something to that nature, and the glitches returned. I have seen them regularly ever since. Perhaps not as often but they most certainly are there.

said by TitusTroy:

after using 1.9.1 for over a week I am glad to see that the video/audio glitches are indeed gone...that was the single biggest annoyance ever...could not record or enjoy any program with those glitches which would sometime interrupt important scenes and conversations...would have to record the same show multiple times to get a relatively 'clean' show

have also somewhat adjusted to the new Guide/Menu colors...still prefer the previous 'brighter' colors but this is not too big of a deal...hopefully they will give us a color layout option with IMG 2.0 or 1.9.2

DAVIDGR

join:2005-03-08
Armonk, NY
reply to nascar

Choose the MRDVR to record a program?

In the runup to the release of 1.9.1 I seem to recall that a new feature was that if we had the MRDVR we'd be able to select which box to record a program on. I can't find that option now, but I do have the ability to record a 3rd program on a different DVR if 2 programs are already scheduled on the first DVR.

Not really a big deal, but it might be useful. Anyone know how to do this?

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650
reply to jpeezy13

said by jpeezy13:

Don't jinx yourself. Mine glitches were fixed too with the new update. Then about a week later we got some type of "soft update" or something to that nature, and the glitches returned. I have seen them regularly ever since. Perhaps not as often but they most certainly are there.

Have you put in a service call to check your signal levels/wiring? It might be worth your time.

The "soft update" you refer to might add some new menu features but would not change something as core as how video is processed/streamed.

fiostv

@myvzw.com

For the last week after getting 1.9.1 my 7232 has been having bad video glitches did not have this many with 1.9. The home run derby had many where lower half of the screen would freeze. When is an update going to comd to fix this?

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to jpeezy13

said by jpeezy13:

Don't jinx yourself. Mine glitches were fixed too with the new update. Then about a week later we got some type of "soft update" or something to that nature, and the glitches returned. I have seen them regularly ever since. Perhaps not as often but they most certainly are there

I saw a video glitch the other day but it's nothing like it was before...even the new glitch didn't interrupt the audio/video, it was just a micro-glitch...I can definitely live with this as it was 10x worse before

jpeezy13

join:2008-08-27
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to sbernstein5

No I have not done so, because I never experience any video/audio glitches prior to 1.9. After that update, it was quite apparent, as others have noticed, that watching shows is very difficult. It always seems the glitches come at an important part of the show, and they are noticable on every station.

After we got 1.9.1, it seemed to us (my wife and I) that the glitches were completely gone. For a week it was nice to watch a program all the way thru without any issues. Then we got some type of "soft update" roughly a week after the 1.9.1 update, and the glitches returned.

I just assumed that it was software related, as nothing in my setup has changed.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:2
reply to DAVIDGR

Re: Choose the MRDVR to record a program?

It is box dependent...

On a DVR - It will always schedule/record to that DVR first unless there is a conflict. It will then offer another DVR. If there are conflicts then only a "set reminder" is presented.

On a non DVR - It will offer to schedule/record on any DVR with no conflicts. If there are conflicts then only a "set reminder" is presented.

said by DAVIDGR:

In the runup to the release of 1.9.1 I seem to recall that a new feature was that if we had the MRDVR we'd be able to select which box to record a program on. I can't find that option now, but I do have the ability to record a 3rd program on a different DVR if 2 programs are already scheduled on the first DVR.

Not really a big deal, but it might be useful. Anyone know how to do this?

sbernstein5

10024-5650
reply to jpeezy13

said by jpeezy13:

I just assumed that it was software related, as nothing in my setup has changed.

Just because nothing has changed inside your house doesn't mean that nothing is wrong with your signal...if people are not reporting widespread issues in your area, then it might be worth your effort just to have them come take a look.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to nascar

ESPN froze for me literally on the second the ball hit the grass on the championship point of the ladies Wimbledon single finals. The timing was almost surreal, lol.

I may have signal issues but the glitches got worse with 1.9.1 for me (hardly ever had them prior to 1.9.1). Perhaps the tolerances in the software got lower. Who knows.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

fiostv

@myvzw.com

I have no signal problems verizon test. On my 7232 glitches are very bad and the box pulls the dvr and menus very slow. I get more breakups on the internal hard drive vs the external 500gb drive. I did not have any glitches like this with 1.9a this is really bad. Has any called verizon and had them do a cold int? Or reformat the hard drive?

NNard

join:2012-06-26
Bethpage, NY
reply to Nezmo

It has to be a network issue because it seems to me that everyone at one time or another (including myself) have experienced some type of pixelating or glitching. I am curious to hear if anyone has not or just have not noticed.

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to nascar

any rumors on when the next IMG update is due to be released?...will it be 1.9.2 or 2.0?

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29

said by TitusTroy:

any rumors on when the next IMG update is due to be released?...will it be 1.9.2 or 2.0?

Anxious for the next set of bugs?
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX

said by More Fiber:

said by TitusTroy:

I think it's more a sense of loss because there's currently no delayed and painful slow roll out in process to whine about.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

fiostv

@myvzw.com

I think fios 1.9.1 problems happen after faster internet came out. It happened from that or they want prople to upgrade to that to fix it.

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to More Fiber

said by More Fiber:

actually I'm more curious whether they're going to name it version 2.0 or 1.9.2

if it's 1.9.2 it denotes a minor upgrade whereas if its 2.0 it signifies a major one...you're right though, now that everything is running smmothly I guess it's best to let sleeping dogs lie

shmee

join:2005-04-03
Phoenixville, PA
reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

said by More Fiber:

said by TitusTroy:

I think it's more a sense of loss because there's currently no delayed and painful slow roll out in process to whine about.

oh yes there is! those of us with cisco boxes are still sitting on plain 'ol 1.9 with no real rollout schedule in sight.

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX

said by shmee:

oh yes there is! those of us with cisco boxes are still sitting on plain 'ol 1.9 with no real rollout schedule in sight.

I stand humble and corrected
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

sbernstein5

10024-5650
reply to fiostv

said by fiostv :

I have no signal problems verizon test. On my 7232 glitches are very bad and the box pulls the dvr and menus very slow. I get more breakups on the internal hard drive vs the external 500gb drive. I did not have any glitches like this with 1.9a this is really bad. Has any called verizon and had them do a cold int? Or reformat the hard drive?

I'm not seeing this problem at all in VHO7

nascar

Verona, NJ
reply to nascar

The website now has "Series Manager" for the DVR.

You will need to log in to manage your DVR(s), but this is the link...

»www22.verizon.com/fiostv/web/mem···ger.aspx

TitusTroy

New York, NY

any news on 1.9.2?

shmee

join:2005-04-03
Phoenixville, PA

said by TitusTroy:

any news on 1.9.2?

hah! they haven't even rolled 1.9.1 to any of the cisco boxes yet. :/

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to nascar

said by nascar:

The website now has "Series Manager" for the DVR.

You will need to log in to manage your DVR(s), but this is the link...

»www22.verizon.com/fiostv/web/mem···ger.aspx

I couldn't figure out where it "links from", In other words, it's hopefully not an orphan link. Where is there an option to select "series manager" other than that direct link?
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

nascar

Verona, NJ

Click for full size
I went to the manage DVR on the web page. Just get there the way you always do from Verizon... »www22.verizon.com/fiostv/web/mem···ome.aspx

johnf2
Bucks County, PA. VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

Series Manager options not showing up here. Both STBs are refreshing OK, showing all DVR options except Series Manager. Has this been rolled out to everyone?

johnf2
--
VHO8

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
reply to nascar

probably a "rollout" item. I logged out, then back in. Still not on dropdown menu, but still able to access via the direct link.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".