TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

2 edits
reply to Onedollar

Re: [IMG] IMG 1.9.1

said by Onedollar:

Color scheme changed to darker greyish theme

are you given a choice in color scheme now or did they just force everyone into this new grey scheme?...I don't mind the current 1.9a color scheme at all but also think grey might be nice as well as long as it's not too dark...the current layout makes everything easy to see and differentiate

prisaz

join:2008-08-11
Germantown, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by TitusTroy:

said by Onedollar:

Color scheme changed to darker greyish theme

are you given a choice in color scheme now or did they now just force anyone into this new grey scheme?...I don't mind the current 1.9a color scheme at all but also think grey might be nice as well as long as it's not too dark...the current layout makes everything easy to see and differentiate

Well you are stuck with the colors! Everyone complained so much, they were given a downgrade to the 60s look in my opinion. I hope they NEVER upgrade the Cisco hardware. If you don't like the colors, you can go to »forums.verizon.com/ and complain to malcolm_stanley.»forums.verizon.com/t5/notes/priv···d/102843

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to nascar
said by nascar:

Numerous Firmware updates have been made to address the numerous audio and video issues. I need more time to see what is fixed and still an issue

why can't they release this firmware for those that have 1.9a?...why is it limited to only 1.9.1 for?...the changes in the software can't be that drastic can it?

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
1.9.1 is the upgrade from 1.9A.

TitusTroy

New York, NY
said by nycdave:

maybe I should rephrase ...I meant how come a firmware update cannot be released for those with 1.9a installed that corrects the audio/video issues many of us have been experiencing post-1.9a update?...why is 1.9.1 the only solution?

prisaz

join:2008-08-11
Germantown, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I always asked why we cant just have a color schemes setting. Why do colors have to have anything to do with the 1.9a to 1.9.1 bug fix upgrade. I could understand guide resolution, but why colors. If they were going to have color changes, there should have been a selection of classic and modern, like I sugested for 1.9!

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

said by nycdave:

maybe I should rephrase ...I meant how come a firmware update cannot be released for those with 1.9a installed that corrects the audio/video issues many of us have been experiencing post-1.9a update?...why is 1.9.1 the only solution?

Then release it slowly so not everyone calls with questions or problems at one time. One DAC at a time. Normally a slow spin first (a small number people only), than a week or two later a fast spin to the rest of the people in that DAC.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
reply to TitusTroy
Because 1.9.1 fixes all of the known issues with 1.9A, so 1.9.1 is the solution. How else do you think these issues get fixed?

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to nascar
said by nascar:

Numerous Firmware updates have been made to address the numerous audio and video issues. I need more time to see what is fixed and still an issue.

Pandora *should* be fixed in this release.

said by PJL:

nycdave, do you know if the audio driver issue on 7XXX boxes (the one that caused "stuttering/distortion" on Pandora and Verizon Media Manager streaming) was fixed?

Unfortunately, the streaming audio problem is NOT fixed. Pandora and Verizon Media Manager streaming audio is NOT fixed. I've been waiting since October for these things to be fixed and they are not.
I think the color scheme is terrible! It's old school and depressing. Lack of gradiants, dark backgrounds, etc. show a total lack of creativity. Other companies can get it right on this, but Verizon can't. It is so unfortunate. 1.9 was WAY better. Complaints are popping up on other forums already.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
said by PJL:

I think the color scheme is terrible! It's old school and depressing. Lack of gradiants, dark backgrounds, etc. show a total lack of creativity. Other companies can get it right on this, but Verizon can't. It is so unfortunate. 1.9 was WAY better.

UPDATE: got the slow spin. Will be able to give a more subjective opinion upon seeing it and the guide differences from 1.9 version.

--
JohnF

bolt1963_t

join:2012-05-03
Forgot my VHO and DAC. Got the 1.9.1 update this morning in Redondo Beach, CA (los angeles). Its already been said, but the new color scheme is way too dark. Do not like. Then again, sure I will get used to it fairly quick, can't please everyone.

mkammerm

join:2001-05-10
Keller, TX
reply to nascar
Here in Keller Texas I received the 1.9.1 upgrade this morning. Other than the colors I think it is an improvement to the software so far.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
Received the 1.9.1 slow spin.

So far, once again, love it. Colors are much darker - but I really like how they are all incorporated.

Bravo!
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

siersema

join:2005-06-16
Huntington Beach, CA
The colors look like some geeks decided that this was the best. Why not have several color schemes and we get to pick the best one from a terrible set to choose from. My wife wrote a book on color and implications, perceptions, and impact. She took one look and choked on commenting that "a man much have chosen the colors". I for one liked the earlier color scheme better than this one.

rpjoe
Premium
join:2007-09-22
Rochelle Park, NJ

1 edit
reply to nascar
my STB reset and has been displaying 231 for the past 10 minutes. power is on and no picture. i asked to be on the slow spin but it doesn't seem right.

matthewh16

join:2010-05-21
Culver City, CA
reply to JeepMatt
said by JeepMatt:

Received the 1.9.1 slow spin.

So far, once again, love it. Colors are much darker - but I really like how they are all incorporated.

Bravo!

I guess since you got the slow spin, we'll be getting the fast spin in the next week or so eh? Kinda wish I had gotten into the beta test :\ Ah Well!

tennisman94

join:2010-02-18
Palm Harbor, FL
kudos:2
reply to nascar
Now that the roll-out has started, could we get a tentative release schedule/DAC deployement order?

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
VHO 1/3 was first, and now 7/8 are on deck. The rest isn't settled in stone yet, so for the sake of past experiences, I doubt you'll see it posted until something firmer has been communicated.
--

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to siersema
said by siersema:

The colors look like some geeks decided that this was the best. Why not have several color schemes and we get to pick the best one from a terrible set to choose from. My wife wrote a book on color and implications, perceptions, and impact. She took one look and choked on commenting that "a man much have chosen the colors". I for one liked the earlier color scheme better than this one.

+1 to these comments!

Anon
reply to PJL

Unfortunately, the streaming audio problem is NOT fixed. Pandora and Verizon Media Manager streaming audio is NOT fixed. I've been waiting since October for these things to be fixed and they are not.

we were under the impression we had fixed this issue.
can you provide me with contact info so our technical team can get in touch and troubleshoot what you are experiencing?

thanks

malcolm, Verizon...

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by :

we were under the impression we had fixed this issue.
can you provide me with contact info so our technical team can get in touch and troubleshoot what you are experiencing?

thanks

malcolm, Verizon...

Malcolm, I will provide via private mail on the Verizon forums, not here. Although I recognize your first name, I won't give out that type information to a screen name on this forum.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
reply to nascar
Malcolm (as prisaz notes) can be contacted here:

»forums.verizon.com/t5/notes/priv···d/102843

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
said by nascar:

Thank you, I know how to contact him. I'm a CL.
Thanks...I just sent him a message.

rpjoe
Premium
Rochelle Park, NJ
reply to nascar
LOVE the ability to dim the display. the ability to delete history and recent deletes in one batch is nice. the info display set a 4 seconds is great, as well as the color. i agree the guide color is pretty lame. and when i say lame, i meant butt ugly. if they give us a choice to change to different colors, this one shouldn't even be an option. rest of VHO8 should get this on the 22nd.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
Wow - I love the colors. Not sure why you all are so hard on them.

Did you see the beta shots of Comcast's new guide? take a look and you'll see why VZ might have been influenced.

The colors are deep, rich, the letters look sharp and clean. Love it.
--

Anon
I tried doing a search but had no luck....is there a thread that lists all the changes in this version? Thank you

Andy from CA
Premium
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA
reply to JeepMatt
said by JeepMatt:

Wow - I love the colors. Not sure why you all are so hard on them.

Did you see the beta shots of Comcast's new guide? take a look and you'll see why VZ might have been influenced.

The colors are deep, rich, the letters look sharp and clean. Love it.

I must agree, the guide before last had good colors but a weak layout. When they fixed the layout I thought the bright cartooney colors were a fair trade-off. Now that the colors are back I think they finally got it right.

rpjoe
Premium
Rochelle Park, NJ
reply to nascar
the gray color is okay, what makes it ugly are the reds, blues, and greens in the guide. like i said, the info banner looks awesome. if they could somehow substitute those other 3, i'd like it. when my wife came home and saw the guide she loved it.

nascar

Verona, NJ
reply to PJL
I know you are

The post was for everyone else that has an opinion.

said by PJL:

said by nascar:

Thank you, I know how to contact him. I'm a CL.
Thanks...I just sent him a message.

nascar

Verona, NJ
There will not be an official one. But I am going to *try* to put one together based on what I know.

said by :

I tried doing a search but had no luck....is there a thread that lists all the changes in this version? Thank you