Boulder City, NV
kudos:1

[NFL] Everyone knows, but RIP Junior Seau

55 Tears

Retired
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Earth

He must've had some serious problems going on.

RIP, Junior.
--
I work hard. I play hard. I stay hard.

dogma
XYZ
Premium
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV

Or is it the curse?

said by CNN--> »www.cnn.com/2012/05/03/sport/sea···pt=hp_c1 :
Seau, who was found dead Wednesday of an apparent suicide, is now the eighth player of that [1994 San Diego Chargers] team to die.

The 1994 Chargers, a group of gritty overachievers, are the only edition of the team to make the Super Bowl. But instead of that feat being the team's legacy, many are wondering about the string of freakish deaths that have haunted the AFC championship team.

• In 1995, about five months after the Chargers lost to the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl, linebacker David Griggs died in a car crash. He was 28.

• In May 1996, running back Rodney Culver died in a plane crash. He was 26.

• In July 1998, linebacker Doug Miller died after being struck by lightning while camping. He was 28.

• In May 2008, center Curtis Whitley was found dead of a drug overdose. He was 39.

• In October 2008, defensive end Chris Mims died of complications from an enlarged heart. He was 38.

• In February 2011, defensive tackle Shawn Lee died of a heart attack. He was 44.

• In December, linebacker Lew Bush died of a heart attack. He was 42.

...and now Junior.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

Seems a lot were health related. Likely roid use was involved.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to dogma

The 1994 Chargers are one cursed team. Scary.

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-12
kickin ass
kudos:2

said by capdjq:

The 1994 Chargers are one cursed team. Scary.

Isn't this like the 9th player dead from the 1994 SB team?

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
reply to dogma

The cops may say they're treating it as a suicide, but I'll bet they're giving a real hard look at the girlfriend who 'found him'-- I presume the same girlfriend who was involved in domestic violence incidents with Seau in the past.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
reply to dogma

I hate to be rude but I take no sympathy in someone who takes their own life.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

royhandy9
Panem et circenses
Premium
join:2000-05-23
Yesterday
reply to dogma

I didn't like him when he played for the Pats, but I'd have loved to have him on my team!

KeysCapt
FAQ Master
join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV
reply to MuDvAyNe

said by MuDvAyNe:

Who knows what demons he or any other suicide was dealing with? I came to the realization long ago that people who take their own lives don't really think like the rest of us. At any rate, he was a huge presence on the field and he will be missed.

Caledfwlch10

join:2010-05-03
reply to MuDvAyNe

said by MuDvAyNe:

I completely agree with you. My uncle took his life about 6 years ago. He left 3 kids whom are still messed up as @$#% from it. I don't care what his mental state was or what demon's he had. He might be a HoF football player and I respect him for his on the field play but it was selfish to take his own life.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

"Don't judge until you've walked a mile in their shoes". Who knows what demons, in their heads, people are struggling with. Depression is terrible affliction and, most often, misunderstood. Its brought about by the chemical imbalance in the brain. Might take years of therapy and medication to control. Most common advice, even from friends, is "Come on jerk out of it". Believe me you can't. The depressed wished they could.
--
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early kill people.

Caledfwlch10

join:2010-05-03
reply to dogma

I've walked 6 years worth of aftermath in shoes he'll never be able to walk in. People can try to justify and rationalize it all they want but the aftermath is the same either way. The people who do this can't or don't think past themselves. They can have 100 million reasons why they did it but it's all about themselves with no regard to everyone and everything else that gets impacted. Selfish is the only word that comes to mind. I challenge anyone who's been though the aftermath of a suicide to say otherwise.

rstrandb
Howl at the moon
Premium
join:2003-04-17
Albany, GA
reply to dogma

It's terrible that no one knew he was going through this. I can't imagine having all those friends and still fell all alone. Depression is a terrible thing for someone to deal with. RIP Junior...you were one of the all time greats.
--
In memory of Uncle Scooter. Keep 'em fat and sassy up there.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to dogma

Boston University's Center for Traumatic Encephalopathy reportedly has requested Junior Seau's brain to try to determine the role of CTE.

I'll skip the Belechick zombie lineman draft jokes.