share rss forum feed

dmolavi
Premium
join:2005-04-11
Sewell, NJ
Reviews:
·ViaTalk

Welcome Back

It's good to be back online Unfortunately, my VT service has been having issues that, while completely unrelated to the DSLR outage, coincided with it. Usually, this is my first line of attack for solutions. I can't find a link on the VT site to their own "native" forums (do they still exist?)...

Anyway, the WAF is sinking, and she wants me to start exploring alternatives...
--
NukedGallery.net
TheMolavis.com

TJ_in_IL

join:2006-06-10
Winthrop Harbor, IL

IIRC, VT did away with their forum a while ago, due to low activity. Most people posted here.
Sorry to hear you are having issues.

dmolavi
Premium
Sewell, NJ
Reviews:
·ViaTalk

Damn, that's a shame. While the DSLR forums here are the de facto standard, they should maintain their own for situations where people can't get here for one reason or another (including, but not limited to, a charlie foxtrot like we've had for the past 2 weeks here).

My issues are, surprise, surprise, dead air. Both on outgoing and incoming calls. On incoming calls, the caller cannot hear a ring, nor my line being picked up (though it shows as answered for XX seconds in the call logs, depending on how long it takes before one of us gives up). Similarly, on outgoing calls, once the number is dialed, a ring is usually not heard, or if it is, once the called number is picked up, it's dead air.

My setup has not changed in the 4+ years I have had VT, so this has to be something on their side that is causing this new behavior over the past 6 weeks or so.
--
NukedGallery.net
TheMolavis.com

TheKrell

join:2003-12-07
Fairfax, VA
reply to dmolavi

No such issue here. I hope you already put in a ticket with VT...

Waldothe3rd
Premium
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand
reply to dmolavi

Try switching servers. That did the trick for me.

dmolavi
Premium
Sewell, NJ

which did you switch from/to?

Waldothe3rd
Premium
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand

I was on the "West" server and I switched to "Midwest" in control panel. (Never have had time to dive into the ATA to configure by server name). It's been working ever since.