spc
Search similar:

uniqs
fotomatt1
join:2007-11-07
Easton, PA

fotomatt1 to Pathfinder5

to Pathfinder5

Re: Verizon FINALLY pulling cable in my NYC apartment building!!

said by Pathfinder5:

Most buildings I have seen have a "Show and Tell". Vz will come out and install a FIOS line in a common area and have a sales force come out to go over things.

They did that in my old building, but it was more than a month after service was actually available. Any idea how long it takes for them to provision the building once build-out is complete? My TWC DVR doesn't even work anymore, and I CANNOT WAIT to dump them! LOL

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to Pathfinder5

to Pathfinder5
Oh yeah. I remember when my aunts building manage to get Fios they did something like that. They handed out some swag and raffles. It did work on her building 80% did chose and stayed with Fios.
lijacobs
join:2010-07-30
Woodmere, NY

lijacobs to fotomatt1

to fotomatt1
said by fotomatt1:

So last night my building handy man told me that the Fios installation has been completed in my building, and that someone from Verizon stopped by to confirm that everything was working and even had a computer connected. How long should it be before I can actually order service? It's still showing up on the website as not available.

The VZ engineer covering your territory has to give the final OK and activate your address in the database. In our building it took about a week after all of the physical work was completed.
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

Well a week would be much better than the 6 - 12 months Verizon keeps telling me. As I said, a manager was in my building two days ago with a laptop connected to the network, so my assumption is that it will be approved any day.
fotomatt1

fotomatt1

FiOS Finally Available!

FINALLY!! I checked Verizon's FiOS availability page at about noon today, and it said my building was only eligible for DSL. Not sure what made me check it at about 4pm, but I did, and BAM! My building has been added to the database and approved for service. I ordered right then and there....only down side is the fact that my install date is 36 days away! I'm kinda bummed as 36 days seems excessive, but the rep I called said they're busy in my area. I guess at least I have a definite install date and TWC is on their way out.

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5

Premium Member

great to hear. I hope to follow soon. BTW what zip code are you in?
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

said by Pathfinder5:

great to hear. I hope to follow soon. BTW what zip code are you in?

gadgetboyj
Premium Member
join:2009-08-25
Staten Island, NY

gadgetboyj to fotomatt1

Premium Member

to fotomatt1

Re: Verizon FINALLY pulling cable in my NYC apartment building!!

It's great that you finally got it! I finally got it installed after waiting about 3 years in the complex I live in too!
said by fotomatt1:

They did that in my old building, but it was more than a month after service was actually available.

When they did the show and tell thing for my complex, they were taking orders right then and there. Of course my address was the ONLY one that wasn't marked as available in their system, so they had to take my info down and put the order through a few days later.
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

said by gadgetboyj:

It's great that you finally got it! I finally got it installed after waiting about 3 years in the complex I live in too!

said by fotomatt1:

They did that in my old building, but it was more than a month after service was actually available.

When they did the show and tell thing for my complex, they were taking orders right then and there. Of course my address was the ONLY one that wasn't marked as available in their system, so they had to take my info down and put the order through a few days later.

Finally got it, but my install date is 35 days out!! Ughh...they're busy in my area!
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad

Premium Member

said by fotomatt1:

said by gadgetboyj:

said by fotomatt1:

Finally got it, but my install date is 35 days out!! Ughh...they're busy in my area!

You try calling and seeing if they can move up your order install date? Just have your order# handy and call VZ up, doesn't hurt to try. Congrats on finally getting your building provisioned for FIOS.
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

said by UofMiamiGrad:

You try calling and seeing if they can move up your order install date? Just have your order# handy and call VZ up, doesn't hurt to try. Congrats on finally getting your building provisioned for FIOS.

I've called a couple of times already....they did give me the option of this Monday, or July 22! Unfortunately, neither my wife nor I can stay home this Monday. Bummer!

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

thats one reason why is good to have extra family at home .
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

said by Eddy120876:

thats one reason why is good to have extra family at home .

This is true, although my wife and I just took a ton of time off from our jobs so taking more time off now isn't so easy. As it turns out, a VZ manager called me today and rescheduled my appointment for July 3! So instead of waiting 35 days now I only have to wait 7. I can celebrate my independence from TWC on July 4!

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

They are bringing the Bang to your firework lucky man . True now a day taking too much time off can really cost your job and money
jcondon
join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

jcondon to fotomatt1

to fotomatt1
I am in Dutchess County and live in an apartment complex. We have Fios all around us but only have Cablevision here. I can not even get DSL from Verizon or Frontier. All our utilities are under ground. We have about 16 2 story buildings with 24 or 16 apartments in each.

I come home from work today and see red and orange paint from the street all through out the complex on the grass, road, and sidewalks. It actually crosses the main road in front of our complex and is on the grass on the other side of a four lane road. A few flags say hand dig Verizon underground cable. Some of the spray paint says TV.

I am hoping it is for FIOS. Guess we will see over the next couple weeks.

Nice to see Verizon at least still trying to expand into areas they are in and get more into apartment buildings.

I also hope to have FIOS at work early next year.
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

Just forget about the fact that they MIGHT be getting ready to start a build-out. It takes so long that if you think about it it gets even more frustrating. At least you're on Cablevision....a few notches better than TWC, but nowhere near as good as FiOS. Only 5 days left until my installation!

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Hey Foto

remember to honor your name and post lots of Photos of your installation .
jcondon
join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

jcondon to fotomatt1

to fotomatt1
I hear that. I noticed today they marked were the gas lines are.

I hope your install goes smoothly. I had FIOS Internet years ago and loved it. Would love to go back to it (and pick up TV too).

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to fotomatt1

to fotomatt1
Hey Fotomatt

well any news bro?
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

said by Eddy120876:

Hey Fotomatt

well any news bro?

Install happening tomorrow at 8am!

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki

Premium Member

said by fotomatt1:

said by Eddy120876:

Hey Fotomatt

well any news bro?

Enjoy it! Had my service installed last week. I had a good chat with the technician while he was working. Love the new service. So glad to get rid of Time Warner. Even after 2 years and discounts go away (or however that works), it will still be a better deal for me.
Tokidoki

Tokidoki to fotomatt1

Premium Member

to fotomatt1
said by fotomatt1:

said by Eddy120876:

Hey Fotomatt

well any news bro?

Update good sir!

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to Tokidoki

to Tokidoki
Hey VAthral

had you tried slowing down your service by swamping it with internet connected devices . I know my friend tried that and it didn't work but they all had a great wifi party
Eddy120876

Eddy120876 to fotomatt1

to fotomatt1
on the 4th of July? wow if thats true im super impress with Verizon
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

Click for full size
Install done! 5 hours total...tech was great. He just took his time and did an incredibly neat job. Took my cable boxes and modem back to TWC and cancelled my service....and had a beer to celebrate my independence from TWC!! Internet is super fast. Here's my speed test results. TV picture is incredible. Even my wife who is never impressed with anything commented on how much better the picture is than it was with TWC!!

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki

Premium Member

said by Eddy120876:

Hey VAthral

had you tried slowing down your service by swamping it with internet connected devices . I know my friend tried that and it didn't work but they all had a great wifi party

Heh. I got myself, brother, and 2 cousins as the heavy hitters with bandwidth. It has been a blast. Skype, torrents, streaming video games footage on Twitch.tv, uploading videos to youtube, Netflix, etc with not a single blip. So glad to be away from TWC.
said by fotomatt1:

Install done! 5 hours total...tech was great. He just took his time and did an incredibly neat job. Took my cable boxes and modem back to TWC and cancelled my service....and had a beer to celebrate my independence from TWC!! Internet is super fast. Here's my speed test results. TV picture is incredible. Even my wife who is never impressed with anything commented on how much better the picture is than it was with TWC!!

First thing everyone here noticed with the TV as well. Channels flip over so fast. It doesn't even flash like it did with TWC. The DVR has been put into great use as well since any room can get it going. We have 1 DVR and 5 HD STB. The only problem we have is learning the new channels but it's been great!

This is the worst we really get here. When idle.

With TWC, we had 4 HD STB, No DVR, No Showtime, 10/1 internet, and phone. The total came up to 180 dollars. We've had them for a long time so the price increases just kept piling on.

Like I said above, we have 1 DVR (free for life deal) and 5 HD STB, Extreme/Showtime, 35/35 internet, phone and Spanish language channel. After the first few bills, we're looking at somewhere between 140-145 dollars (including the upcoming adapter increases) monthly. We're way better off and internet alone is worth the price if we lose the 30 dollars in discount in 2yrs.

Our installer arrived at 10:30am. Left at 6:00pm on the dot. Heck, his supervisor passed by to take a look at the work. Everything was done professionally and he made picking a location for the ONT & BBU so easy for us. A+ service.

Which reminds me, time to add a review on dslreports!

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to fotomatt1

to fotomatt1
Hey Fotomatt

congrats on the great speeds and keeping the wife unit Happy . Oh and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL
Eddy120876

Eddy120876 to Tokidoki

to Tokidoki
Again Vathral

Thanks for the heads up. Now i can't wait for Fios to reach my neighborhood that way theres no more internet bog down like it happens here. Too many Ipods,Ipads,netbooks etc that kill our speed. Oh and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY Vathral.
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

Kinda cool to be the only person in a building with 100 units that has FiOS. I don't think anybody else even knows it's available yet. When the tech was here, a woman saw him bringing my set top boxes in through the lobby, and she said nobody told her she could get FiOS here yet. She said she was so happy she was going to cry, and then went upstairs and placed her order.
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane

Gratz on fios! Everyone should have an awesome network/tv connect.