Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

2 edits

Mike Wolf

New Firmware for NetGear CMD31T Device Released

said by Comcast :

Monday, May 14, 2012

NetGear and Comcast have completed emergency testing, certification, and field soak with their new firmware that resolved the previous IPv6 defect. This new firmware should now be running on all CMD31T devices operating in our network. In addition, NetGear has updated their existing unsold devices, some of which are now available at Walmart stores around the country. We appreciate NetGear's close cooperation to bring this to closure.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

YukonHawk to earletp

to earletp

Re: Comcast announces IPv6 deployment for gateways beginning

Well, not exactly sure what happened, but my IPv6 HE Tunnel is running much faster as of this past Monday. Almost as fast when I switch back over IPv4 settings. Web pages are loading with gusto! All is right with the world!

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer to earletp

Premium Member

to earletp
Comcast/Netgear has finally released the IPv6 firmware for the Comcast supplied WNR1000v2-VC router. The new version is 1.2.2.56NA, and it can be downloaded from »support.netgear.com/app/ ··· id/20757 (the automatic upgrade search in the router does not yet find this firmware version, but the instructions at the link explain how to install it manually).

FWIW, I could not test it for functionality with Comcast's IPv4/IPv6 dual stack because my area does not yet have it.

EDIT: Removed a false alarm report of outbound PPTP pass-through with this firmware version. A pushbutton factory default reset got it working (perhaps a word to the wise should anyone else see problems after installing this firmware upgrade).