spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cymraeg_t

join:2012-05-03

new name for Mists

i think this expac should be called Casters of Pandaria, i have done premades of the various classes and melee is no where as strong as casters are, warriors are disappointingly clunky in their priority rotation, rogues are good but seem underpowered if not a combat, i love the main gauche change, yes dual wielding slow oh is now awesome. paladin also clunky with procs going all haywire, but i made an Ele shammy and wow, if they keep that spec like it is and the mastery proc of double spells they are going to be my new main fo sho.

dont care for locks the whole burning ember generation being so slow casnt barely get a chaos bolt off, fire mage is probably just behind the ele shammy for me as fun factor but it hits like a freight train as well, what have you guys noticed.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

Copied over my rogue and even with 410 weapons (PvP but still) I hit weak as hell specced sub, need to try combat.

Premade panda mage hits hard as both arcane and fire with fire being a bit more dmg but the still 2 or 3 button mashing as arcane is more forgiving, plus with slow the mob never gets to you while questing.

Made a panda monk to see the start area and the early class mechanics. Both seem to be done well, but depending on how the monks do in PvP and PvE there will likely be some changes.

Wanting to try a DK and lock this week, but I've been doing D3 beta too and liking the ranged there over melee as well. Barbarian gets swamped at low lvl and you figure out why there's no death penalty below lvl 10. Wizards and demon hunters don't know what it feels like to be hit before lvl 10.

cymraeg_t

i would say that dps dks are the least changed of the melee, which is good, i havent tried the blood dk cause i was never good enough with one to give any kind of opinion on it

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to cymraeg_t

Did you have the same problem on premades of having professions at 525 but then having to go train every recipe? You get 5k gold to start, but blow over 3k just in training JC, enchanting, cooking and first aid. I also liked getting helm and shoulder enchants in the bags but no rep to use them.

cymraeg_t

yes it is the same, for the chants some have the rep like my pally and my warrior both had rep to use them but my rogue and lock did not it was wierd, and i made multiples of the same class so it held true through each toon, just wierd.

Josof_t

join:2012-05-04

1 edit
reply to cymraeg_t

said by cymraeg_t:

melee is no where as strong as casters are, warriors are disappointingly clunky in their priority rotation,

sad to hear. after 6 yrs it might be time to hang up the sword.warrior pvp has admittedly been more difficult with the last expansion. personally for me it was the charge/intercept nerf causing them to share a cooldown that broke it. it gave us a gap closer to at the least, put a little pressure on ranged.

guess ill be workin on the hunter first for MoP.
/end qq

p.s. welcome back all!

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

Roll a DK. Get full honor gear. Get identical glyphs/talent setups that I have.

Faceroll BGs and arenas. I went 30-0 in AB. I would have posted the screenshot if the sit wasn't down. I have it saved on my drive at home. Howling Blast, Necrotic Strike and Frost Strike. It's so good.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
kudos:1
reply to cymraeg_t

It is really too early in the beta to complain about specs, priorities, damage, etc. Your focus should be on providing feedback on the official forums for bugs and also quality of life so that the end game experience is closer to what you enjoy playing.

cymraeg_t

correct but i have given feedback and submitted reports when it crashes on me, and as far as things go casters are still way stronger, i am sure they will "try" to balance things but i am banking on being an ele shaman when i get this expac live, this from someone that has played a warrior for going on 6 yrs

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

Things will be relatively balanced at 90. Before then, it's possible that some classes may appear a bit stronger. Right now, the beta is more of a "bug hunt", with occasional changes to classes. Once level 90 and MoP raids are available is when we'll see more of the class balance implemented. Buffing melee now would possibly end up needing a nerf later, simply because the buff they implement could scale higher than intended at 90.

Once we can level to 90, expect more class changes. The point they're at now is simply to make them usable for the new zones. There's not been a whole lot of balancing.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

cymraeg_t

got my ele shammy to 87, with mastery hovering around the 40 to 41% range, double LBs crit for 48k and 44k, on trink procs 57k and 53k, my Lb hit for a steady 30k, i dunno i am really really liking my ele.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

How are they handling ratings? Aren't they adjusting stats for increased levels? Elemental Shamans can get on the ridiculous level if they're allowed to keep pressing higher and higher stats.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

cymraeg_t

they are scaling fine nothing rediculous, he is sitting at like 10% hit 13% haste and less than 10k sp, 13%crit. my trinks are q rewards and they proc haste and mastery, so when they line up it is holy crap. i casted 4 Lbs off one cast last night for a total of 150k damage, our mastery is awesome, when it procs with chain lightning omg

puppy

join:2010-01-28

I am looking forward to playing my ele, I like the changes I see so far except for the Unleashed lightning glyph doing 5% less damage. I still expect to be middle of the pack but that's okay.

One of Binkenstein's post on Totemspot says he is seeing crit being more valuable than haste/mastery with our 250% crit dmg, and elemental mastery being on top since we can use it with Ascendance.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to cymraeg_t

Did you ever notice that when you have chain lightning go off with mastery procs that it looks similar to a star wars sith lord casting lightning out of the hands? I only notice it when a double proc of CL goes off.

Also, a mastery proc can't cause another mastery proc, can it?
--

cymraeg_t

right now on beta it is yes, like i said 4 Lbs for one cast, i have had 3 LBs proc in a row but that wasnt mastery this Lb chain was, and yes CL does look like old Sidious killing Vader

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

So, you could theoretically just stack the shit out of mastery and get as close to 100% as possible and come up with possibly infinite DPS?

Reforge and gem for mastery?
--

cymraeg_t

theoretically yes, expect this to be nerfed, hence why i said if they dont change it, my guy is a pandaren so he doesnt have the head or shoulder enchants, and i love his animations for casting, next would be a Draenie for alliance for 1% hit and if i played horde i would go for gob or troll for a shaman, purely from a racial pov i hate the way they look.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I have an 85 Goblin Elemental Shaman that I play normally. I would just continue him up to the next tier.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

said by Archivis:

I have an 85 Goblin Elemental Shaman that I play normally. I would just continue him up to the next tier.

Troll Shaman here, having a mini BL available is always good.

cymraeg_t

reply to Archivis

i expect some rating changes for certain stats, right now spirit is way over valued, i spam Cl and surges and EQ to get me down on mana, then pop storm and boom a few Lbs and mana is full again, it is really over valued, if i just use my core abilities im at full mana at the end of each fight

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

It was my impression that spirit for shamans was so that they could utilize it like hit rating.

cymraeg_t

you do, but it does regen as well, with mana being baseline for level of character you only have so much so regen is very important but it shouldn't be so powerful that you dont have to manage it, right now questing and what dungeons i have done with him i dont even look at my mana bar unless, the proverbial shit hits the fan and i pull too many quest mobs who hit very hard btw

puppy

Blizz made it so ele and resto share the same gear. Ele absolutely has to use spirit gear in order to reach the hit cap. The spirit regen only happens outside of combat (resto allows them to regenerate 50% in combat iirc) so that's not a consideration at all.

cymraeg_t

umm that may have changed for mists, cause he gens mana while im in combat and like i said by the end of the fight im full on mana, or close enough to it.

puppy

We get a ton of mana back from the talent Rolling Thunder, perhaps that was what you were seeing? I'm pretty sure we don't get spirit regen in combat.

cymraeg_t

ill check and see if it is that tonight, with the new talent system hard to tell what is passive and active abilities

cymraeg_t

reply to puppy

ok, update puppy, rolling thunder was not procing last night, but what was, was clearcasting, almost every cast so i am not using mana as much cause of that, so when i get out of combat i have used so little mana and regen being what it is that is why my mana bar is so full or nearly full

Morage

@telecomputing.se
reply to Goldheart

said by Goldheart
Your focus should be on providing feedback on the official forums for bugs and also quality of life.

Questing in the beta start zones for pandas and the 85s on the EU beta is long, long Qs at each quest giver with plenty of lag and a few crashes then grouping to do the quests with ppl you probably never met before and quite often dont speak English.
Doing quests made for single player in groups of 3-4 doesn't give you much worth reporting but is the only way to get any were if you wont to see anything.
It dose make me wonder if blizz can get anything relevant from how ppl are managing quests.