Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JB

Re: [Raiding] Dragon Soul Progression Thread Reborn

So last night's run was pretty chill... but we only got h.morchok down. We (being a casual guild) had a... well... less-than-ideal composition, lol. We went with an undergeared healer (who knew the fights well), and an undergeared mage and retadin (fresh recruit as of 3 days ago) who had never seen anything in DS... not even LFR, lol.

We one-shot morchok (sloppily, but we got it done) with 3 dead to bad stomp/crystal timing.

Some side notes: Darklogix performs very well on his mage. Our first pug that out dmged our hunter and elementalist, pushing them to play harder. It was awesome. We got H.Yor down to 20%.

I need to recruit another tank if I ever hope to heal a raid again!!!!!

We had an RL situation come up for one of our healers, so I thought we'd call it for the night and start again tonight at H.Yor. I contacted the GM for a sister guild who is interested in tanking and bringing his wife to heal, so we might be able to shuffle things around for a much better composition (one where I get to heal ). Wish us luck.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
Best of luck tonight!

I hate it when people have to ditch out after only a little while ni the raid. It makes it very difficult on the raid leader trying to fill the void s/he thought had covered.

I can put myself on standby if you get that tank you're hoping for.
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
said by mettachain:

Best of luck tonight!

I hate it when people have to ditch out after only a little while ni the raid. It makes it very difficult on the raid leader trying to fill the void s/he thought had covered.

Aren't you horde?

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
I was Seckspanther.
Edit: My only alliance toon

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by mettachain:

I was Seckpanther.
Edit: My only alliance toon

AH
ok, I thought you were horde only.
So that was your toon that I looked like for a short time.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
yup. i love being a treant again.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Me to I like having trees in my group, even if that old buff isn't there (remember the raid wide healing buff it used to bring?)

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
4%

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
I need to pick which treant pet to bring out, I have the argent one and withers, I think I might have 1 or 2 others.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to mettachain
said by mettachain:

Best of luck tonight!

No worries, man. If elven* and blissella can make it, then our raid will look something like:
MT: Elven* (all of his toon names start with elven, not sure which tank is his main, pally/warrior)
OT: Warrior
H: Blissella (h.pally)
H: Malanorei(h/d priest)
H: r.druid ( mettachain See Profile)
mdps: Venom ( Venom1 See Profile's legendary rogue)
rdps: Hunter (b/s)
rdps: Ele sham
rdps: demonology lock ( Goldheart See Profile)
rdps: fire mage ( DarkLogix See Profile)

If the dps is solid, I'd love to gear up your r.druid and have the 3rd healer back up solution. If we need more dps, and you and bliss can cover the healing, I'll bring my dk back in as UH dps (need to write up the UH guide portion anyway, lol). Sound fair?
--

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
i think i have 4k JP on that toon so i'll look into what gear i can buy fast tonight.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Immer
Figures.. you have too many ranged.. one more mdps should do it..

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by djlar:

Figures.. you have too many ranged.. one more mdps should do it..

as a casual raiding guild, we do bring the player, not the class. Well, except for me... I have to bring the class that the raid needs the most, lol. Now that hunters can kill at point-blank range, they count as mdps, imo. If one of my ranged can't make it, I'll be recruiting for mdps.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to djlar
????????

there's absolutely no reason to bring another melee dps to a 10 man. we did all of our alt 'progression' with only a dk as a mdps, everyone else was ranged.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by JB:

there's absolutely no reason to bring another melee dps to a 10 man. we did all of our alt 'progression' with only a dk as a mdps, everyone else was ranged.

agreed. I'd much rather have "too many ranged" than "too many melee" (I've done both... and plan on doing more)... but in this case I'd like one more cleave/non-mana class for all of the black phase adds we deal with on h.yor.
--
Malanorei (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Ya ranged can be in the same places as melee in fights where you split them up (ie zon) but melee must be near the target.

Though from my understanding attacks like cleave hit more than just the target so it'd be good for lots of adds.

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
reply to JB
Managed to clear 8/8heroic finally last night on my main. So, if you need a hunter (my only other Alliance raid-ready toon) I should be online.

Feralmordius

join:2011-01-18
reply to Immer
Well good luck tonight. I wish I could make it out tonight but I know I probably won't have time. As always if you need me txt me and see if I can.
--
Tiermordius on Nathrezim Server (US)
Main Tank for Pride and Ego

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Feralmordius:

Well good luck tonight. I wish I could make it out tonight but I know I probably won't have time. As always if you need me txt me and see if I can.

Heroic Yor'sajh down. Essentially a 9-man, we had to bring along one of our fresh recruits who could only pull 17k dps. (what's funny is looking at his armory and seeing only 2 kills in all of DS. Heroic Morchok and Heroic Yor'sajh, lol.)

We smashed face for a while on H.Zon'ozz. I had to tank (my never heal again, lol). We finished the night on normal, and complete chromatic champion for several raiders. Not my tank... no... my tank is one of the few characters I know of that is missing the standard strat that starts on Ysera! lol. Maybe tomorrow, I should just start the raid on my tank.
--
Malanorei (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Well this is the last lockout for DS till it'll be looked at as old. (even though we have another lockout before the 1st MoP raid opens)

So I say we try for a full heroic maybe?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
That is always the aim, but I need my top raiders in attendance. So, it will depend on who shows.

thus is the mantra of the casual guild engaging in progression raiding.

But we do have some amazing players, IMO.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
You guys Horde or Alliance Immer?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer
I'm thinking of asking a friend that in my server's #1 guild if I could join in on their DS run, though I doubt they're raiding ATM or at a time I'd even be able to join.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Ginjer
said by Ginjer:

You guys Horde or Alliance Immer?

Ally.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to JB
If anyone needs, I'd be willing to offer up my rogue's dps to a DSLR members guild looknig to finish an 8/8h for the last lockout before the xpac...

I think it would be a nice thing to do to help out the community here, since a few people are still trying to clear the content.

Hell I could even offer up my priest(disc/shadow/canrespec holy if need be)... The offer is out there if anyone wants.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to JB
Not sure if anyone is Horde. I have a few toons who are close to IL 390 that I would like to get into some of the Hardmodes. (I am sure that is under what most need, but if you need something, I am a quick learner and have done regular DS.)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Arsinic
I very much want to join a group for 8/8H on the final lockout.
You can ask immer as to how well I do.

Ilvl 395 (it shows 396max ever since 5.0.4 but I don't know where that 1 point is) worgen Fire Mage

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to Ginjer
You all shoulda asked weeks ago, we had to 23 man a week or two.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by JB:

You all shoulda asked weeks ago, we had to 23 man a week or two.

Horde or Alliance?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
JB is Horde.

And I've given up hope on 8/8H achievement...the past 2 weeks I've gotten up to Madness only to have the group fall apart after 1 or 2 pulls.