JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to CpnObvious

Re: [Raiding] Dragon Soul Progression Thread Reborn

Lol.

8/8H Madness DOWN. First 25man heroic end boss I've killed while content is relevant. Woot. (Only did H LK in 10 man)
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Skittles_t

join:2012-05-03
reply to JB
Grats JB

hsindogg
Premium
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD
reply to JB
said by JB:

Lol.

8/8H Madness DOWN. First 25man heroic end boss I've killed while content is relevant. Woot. (Only did H LK in 10 man)

Congrats! Did you win the mount?

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
No, but I got a H Maw

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
reply to JB
said by JB:

Lol.

Awesome dude. Congrats.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to JB
Grats, by today, the only relevant content is H Spine/Madness, you are still miles ahead of my guild, can't get more than 4/8

Last night.. about 8-10 wipes on H ultra thanks to the button boss people.. then the rest of the night wiping on H Warmaster, not even close to even down the second set of adds.. (even if we could the ship was at 5% or so from exploding)

The same problems:

- Soakers not soaking
- People getting charged often
- People standing in fire
- Slow DPS
- Sapper escaping
- Constantly changing strats the next worst than the previous.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Energystream
said by Energystream:

Jobbie,

Less than a week left to try and get enough people. Otherwise good luck with D3 out :P Whatever happened with that other guild?

BTW falling in 4-7 place dps as a tank on Madness in LFR is Lulz.

Yes I totally see this coming. So far I am happy to be able to do LFR with 4 toons (warrior, hunter, shaman, druid) and I will be playing D3 as will with some wow in the middle.
--
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
Grats JB i felt good being 1-1/2 of 8. LOL. I killed ultra, b ut the guild hasn't yet.

On Yorshog(skittles boss) i heard a group downing him using 2 raid healers and a SP, instead of using a tank healer. Is their any validity to this. Or is the dude just blowing smoke up my youknowwhat.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
Thanks everyone.

@cigtyme The damage is so light now that pretty much any healer can be a 'tank healer' on yorsahj. It just works out best that you have a holy paladin because of beacon op or a resto sham (I love me some mastery). Lets not forget pallies solo heal H Yor in 10 man now, so anywhere between 1 and 3 healers is viable on H Yor.

@djlar - not sure how you say only spine and madness are relevant content considering we were only the 3rd guild to kill it on our server and there's many guilds at 1/8h-5/8h out there. I think there's 2 guilds out there at 6/8h, much more below that. Not sure why you're talking shit about less progressed guilds when my alt is as far as you, but grats w/e makes you feel better!
--
Here's the final bullet,

djlar

I think 4/8 Heroics are ROFLstomped by a decent group now, unless you like undergeared or hava a bad comp you'll have trouble.

It's becoming like buffed ICC back in the day where the last 2 heroic bosses were difficult because of the mechanics.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to JB
Noob, reporting in.

Came in on someone else's run. Did the last four bosses in DS10 regular. Got achieve so now I am socially accepted into raids that I'll carry anyways.... just in time for Diablo 3 to get released.

I picked up five pieces of gear. I felt so bad, I gave the chest/helm tokens away. I kept the ring, trinket and Souldrinker.

Went from a 378 ilevel main hand to a 403 ilevel main hand.

sup
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
Our warrior tank went from last week haveing a crap 378 weapon to getting Hand of Morchoc397 and 410 and SouldrinkerLFR and Regular.

No weapons to 4 in two weeks worth of raiding.

Energystream
Premium
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY
reply to Archivis
Arch,

I don't think I'll be able to keep up with you any more. Guess I will have to stick to tanking.

Grats on the drops, you paid for em with the amount of deaths you had to go through.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
Just in time for Diablo 3 :P

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
hope they fixed the server lag issue with the beta. effing skeleton king would port and lag me to a position my toon was at literally 3-4 seconds behind in my pathing
--
I'm not loafing. I work so fast I'm always finished.
If idiots could fly, this would be an airport.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to JB
Raid went from 3/8H to 5/8H this week. Still looking for a decent reliable dps or tank for our 10th, but it being this late in the expansion and with D3 coming, I'm not holding my breath. Next week, screaming and running around on fire on the deck of the Skyfire.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to JB
Best attempts yet on Heroic Madness last night. We got to p2 at the end, but we couldn't contain the bloods and they kept healing him back to 20%.

Once we get that figured out, I think we'll have it.

BTW, I am sick as hell of Dragon Soul. It's killing me from the inside.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
We hunter trap them. That's a shitty place to fail at.

GL :|
--
Here's the final bullet,

djlar

reply to JB
Giving up on currently guild, we have been 4/8H forever now, the more nerfs coming and remain the same...

I'm currently trying to find a spot on higher end guilds.. none so far, at least for my heroic geared toons..

Perhaps tomorrow when everybody will be playing D3, I may end up playing D3 full time also..

CpnObvious

join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA
kudos:3
reply to JB
said by JB:

H-Mad may be the only fight in the last several tiers where a higher proportion of hunters makes the fight easier instead of harder.

Also, belated grats. "Content Complete" is always nice. You guys still raiding?
--
"This whole thread needs more nut-punching." -Drew

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Ty.

Yep, I think so.

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to JB
said by JB:

Thanks.

I hear you, it was on the last attempt of the night and the first time we have gotten past the 4th platform.

To be honest, I have no faith in my hunter to do that properly (this hunter CONSTANTLY gets plowed by the charges on from the elites on Blackthorn) . I'll just run as assassination and when we transition to phase 2, I'll quick apply crippling poison to my throwing weapon. Then at 16% it'll be a fan o knives spam-o-rama.

It was kinda pissing me off though, we just kept going to 16%, killing the terrors, then push to bloods and go to 21%.... 3 times and enrage. I made sure my push to talk button was not pushed....

djlar

reply to JB
Our GM was messaging everyone last night... like "are you coming to raid tomorrow? please? we need you!

Lots of guild joins last night, I predict more people to carry, but I think I had enough...

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
reply to JB
From now until MoP there will be a fine line of GMs/Officers to keep toons interested in the game. We have done a good job of it. I know that can change at a moments notice. We are only 1/8 H, but after the last few weeks of pugging on my alts, I have learned how truly lucky we are to have the smart people in our guild. I laugh sometimes at the cookie cutting for strats that goes on when trying to down bosses. Absolutely no free thought. I was on my alt shammy last night. on Ultra. It was stated man we need to 3 heal this boss. I laughed in vent. I said 2 heal is good enuff. Our Paly solo's this crap. They stated, "That is not even possible." Well we 2 healed it, downed it, and i did 37.5 HPS. If you have a good group of smart players, don't leave unless you have to. Some of the players out there are terribad.
--
Cigtyme - Alliance - Galakrond - Draneri Arcane Mage
GM and RL of Exalted with Chuck Norris (Before damn Commercial)
"What the hell man, wipe it, we fricken can't heal this damn thing to death"

djlar

I'm on the other side of the coin, I can't believe how many bad people are in the gulid right now...

Well had to be, GM recruits like all day, spams trade with recruiting text, invites them as soon as she gets psts, I even wonder if she even asks for achievements, much less armory them..

I'm finding the words and/or excuses to just leave the guild, I feel bad because I got my legendaries here but I have to move on.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Funny the best player I have ever recruited had zero raiding experience, no raid achievements and had only done a couple of 5 man dungeons. This guy later 2 healed bane.
--
Here's the final bullet,

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to djlar
said by djlar:

I'm finding the words and/or excuses to just leave the guild, I feel bad because I got my legendaries here but I have to move on.

We discussed this months ago... and a few of us regulars called you out then for preemptively justifying leaving your guild.

At this point... just leave. Stop talking about it. I'd rather read about you dogging on PuGs than on your own guild, or your GM.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

than/then | to/two/too | A lot (notice the space in there) | you/your/you're

CpnObvious

Alexandria, VA
reply to JB
said by JB:

Funny the best player I have ever recruited had zero raiding experience, no raid achievements and had only done a couple of 5 man dungeons. This guy later 2 healed bane.

Which Bane? BotFK, Blackwing's Bane, or some boss that was named Bane that my tired mind can't remember?
--
"This whole thread needs more nut-punching." -Drew

djlar

I think there's a Bane on Karazhan..

CpnObvious

Alexandria, VA
Nightbane was the skele dragon, yep