share rss forum feed

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to Koil

Re: SWTOR

The character I'm showing there is a Miraluka. They wear those 'glasses' because they don't have eyeballs.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

BigReds42
Premium
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH
kudos:1
reply to C0deZer0

said by C0deZer0:

You might see it as a problem. What I see is grouping should be OPTIONAL... full stop.

Borderlands provided a very simple way of handling this problem. Bigger groups meant tougher enemies, but also better chance for quality gear, sooner. And it adjusted on the fly as people joined or left. Yet why can't an MMO do this?

The storytelling has been a high point of this game, because I have played to keep other people from screwing it up for me. How can being able to immerse yourself in what's going on be considered a bad thing?

I don't see it as a problem myself, I was just pointing out that was the biggest complaint I have heard from people I played with. An MMO (to them) means that people group together... let's face it, if you NEVER had to group up, you are paying $15 a month for KOTOR 3... a sngle players RPG, not an MMO.

Also... grouping is optional... you don't have to run those FPs and Heroics, they are completely optional in the aspect of the game.

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL

said by BigReds42:

said by C0deZer0:

You might see it as a problem. What I see is grouping should be OPTIONAL... full stop.

Borderlands provided a very simple way of handling this problem. Bigger groups meant tougher enemies, but also better chance for quality gear, sooner. And it adjusted on the fly as people joined or left. Yet why can't an MMO do this?

The storytelling has been a high point of this game, because I have played to keep other people from screwing it up for me. How can being able to immerse yourself in what's going on be considered a bad thing?

I don't see it as a problem myself, I was just pointing out that was the biggest complaint I have heard from people I played with. An MMO (to them) means that people group together... let's face it, if you NEVER had to group up, you are paying $15 a month for KOTOR 3... a sngle players RPG, not an MMO.

Also... grouping is optional... you don't have to run those FPs and Heroics, they are completely optional in the aspect of the game.

Grouping is pretty much optional in any mmo. The only time you group in wow for instances is when running a dungeon, swtor is no better or worse in that way. Things being to easy is a different story. In swtor you have a companion helping you do everything. I think I saw that a companion would be equal to about 2/3 what a player does (maybe 3 or 4 times some players) so basically you ave tw people doing everything which tends to make thigs pretty easy. Either way people will complain. Vanillia wow was to hard so they made it easy then it was to easy. Swtor started off to easy for some people.

Pryck

join:2012-02-03
Fredericksburg, VA

No one is forced to use a companion; if they believe the content is too easy then dismiss the companion and run around solo. I do agree folks are going to complain regardless not much going to change about that in the gaming realm.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to jofos

Click for full size
Quiklik, my dual lightsaber murder machine
Click for full size
Kiave, my commando gal
Click for full size
Trixel, my smuggler I'm working on
Well, for what it's worth, the 15 levels gets you potential for A LOT of abilities early on.

Shame about the heroics and group quests though... there were definitely a lot more for the trooper/smuggler classes than there were for the Jedi classes.

Even so, it isn't bad. As said before, the game aces the presentation and the dialogue. The disappointing part as far as companions go is that depending on class, you can end up getting some really late in your time on the starter world. Even with the companion though, those Heroics are REALLY tough

That said, I've kinda got my rhythm down with the Knight -> Sentinel, and my trooper character. Smuggler -> Gunslinger has so far been interesting.

One thing I am disappointed in for the create portion... I was initially trying to make Kiave there look as close as possible to Ellen Ripley. Yet the create options have no styles for curly hair, at all... much less anything closely resembling Weaver's style for that series of movies.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

BigReds42
Premium
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

said by C0deZer0:

Shame about the heroics and group quests though... there were definitely a lot more for the trooper/smuggler classes than there were for the Jedi classes.

Heroics and groups are for ANY class...

Also... Heroics are MEANT to be grouped with other players (that is why they are REALLY tough with just your companion.

Also.. for your companion... if you want them early (level 9 or 10 is earliest I would say) do all your CLASS quests. and THEN back up to the planet quests.

Yes... the create is rather limited.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to jofos

When might we see free play come along?

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ

said by Jackarino:

I think late October, early November.... I think.
--
Obama is a liar.... a cheat... a person of low moral character... the least common denominator...

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ

Thx

Shatter

join:2006-07-24
Waterford, MI
reply to Jackarino

said by Jackarino:

They said this fall so probably between Sept and Oct Im guessing

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

Downloaded the game to do the trial version but the launcher won't start.

Thanks but no thanks.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

IamGimli

join:2004-02-28
Canada
kudos:2

said by Jobbie:

Downloaded the game to do the trial version but the launcher won't start.

Thanks but no thanks.

You're welcome but not really.

What was the point of the post again?

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to jofos

So I was on ebay today and since a lot of my searches involve computer stuff, games and even some SW toys, one of the recommended items it previewed for me is a collector's edition SWTOR, new in box for 29.99 and free shipping. All I could think about was the 140+ I spent on amazon with a pre-order CE and overnight shipping so I would have the game on launch day.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

fatpipe

join:2011-10-02
Austin, TX
reply to jofos

Yes, I'm still playing. I only get to play weekends.

Just got my first character to 50.

ksharp25

join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
reply to jofos

I am behind a lot of websense and firewalls so no game sites allowed from my primary internet connection source (work). When I can, I have checked BioWares AND the SWTOR site. Nothing new. Trying to confirm..

Is there a date yet on F2P? Will it be this month?

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL

said by ksharp25:

I am behind a lot of websense and firewalls so no game sites allowed from my primary internet connection source (work). When I can, I have checked BioWares AND the SWTOR site. Nothing new. Trying to confirm..

Is there a date yet on F2P? Will it be this month?

I don't think they have given a date as of yet, but I quit visiting their site when My sube ran out in July. The game isn't horrible its just not enough there to keep me interested for the long haul.

ksharp25

join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US

For me, I will be ok with F2P. If nothing else to go through all possible class combinations, content quests of all planets, Heroics, etc. If I want to exp Operations and FPs I can always get a game card and PUG now that servers combined.

Free is just enough incentive for me to play around for a bit, keep the characters in existence and wait and see if it ever improves content/game wise. And if it doesnt, and I fully quit, no harm no foul as I wasnt paying monthly imo.