Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Chuck_IV

join:2003-11-18
Connecticut
reply to jofos

Re: SWTOR

I'm still playing. After the initial start, a few RL friends came over from WOW and we leveled up. They liked the change from WOW and got a bunch more of their online friends to come over and we have a nice little guild now.

I have a 50 on the Imperial side but we are not leveling on the Republic side. I'm around lvl 30 now. It's still fun for me.

CFHJustin73

join:2008-08-17
reply to jofos

I still wish I could remove my authenticator on the website instead of waiting for customer service. I just hit lvl 40 last night so I'm getting close to HM's. I might even make 50 before D3 gets here but I doubt it. I think they need LFG before they do server moves. Does anyone know what all they have in mind for 1.3 besides the Legacy stuff?

Caledfwlch10

join:2010-05-03
reply to Mcrobrewer

said by Mcrobrewer:

Waiting until it goes free to play.

I was bored to tears in beta

Blizzard's new MMO will be out by the time SWTOR goes free to play. At best that's a solid 2-3 years away.

cheesyyellow

join:2009-06-04
Poulsbo, WA

I quit playing about 2 months ago. I got bored pretty quickly and I think I'm just burnt out on the whole MMO genre. 6 years of WoW will do that.

Caledfwlch10

said by cheesyyellow:

I got bored pretty quickly and I think I'm just burnt out on the whole MMO genre. 6 years of WoW will do that.

I'm getting to that point myself. Of course I've played RPG's for about 23 or 24 years now. Started with books then moved to BBS's then to the internet.

Speaking of that if anyone wants to buy any original D&D books some me a PM.

stiki

join:2010-01-25
reply to Caledfwlch10

I wouldnt be so sure of swtor not going f2p. They had there earning report the other day and are down 400k subs from last quarter or 20%. That is despite the fact that they have alot of people a free month at the end of the quarter.

cheesyyellow

join:2009-06-04
Poulsbo, WA
reply to Caledfwlch10

said by Caledfwlch10:

said by cheesyyellow:

I got bored pretty quickly and I think I'm just burnt out on the whole MMO genre. 6 years of WoW will do that.

I'm getting to that point myself. Of course I've played RPG's for about 23 or 24 years now. Started with books then moved to BBS's then to the internet.

Speaking of that if anyone wants to buy any original D&D books some me a PM.

I'm in the same boat. I spent many hours playing Ultima 1-4 on my Atari 800 back in the day. Damn I'm old.

Caledfwlch10

reply to stiki

said by stiki:

I wouldnt be so sure of swtor not going f2p. They had there earning report the other day and are down 400k subs from last quarter or 20%. That is despite the fact that they have alot of people a free month at the end of the quarter.

They said they only needed around 500,000 to be profitable. A dip from 1.7 to 1.3 isn't getting them into that range yet. It will go f2p eventually like WoW will as well. The only question is when.

Caledfwlch10

reply to cheesyyellow

said by cheesyyellow:

I'm in the same boat. I spent many hours playing Ultima 1-4 on my Atari 800 back in the day. Damn I'm old.

I was cleaning boxes over the week-end and found my original NES Final Fantasy game in the box with manual. That brought back a lot of memories.

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ
reply to Caledfwlch10

said by Caledfwlch10:

said by Mcrobrewer:

Waiting until it goes free to play.

I was bored to tears in beta

Blizzard's new MMO will be out by the time SWTOR goes free to play. At best that's a solid 2-3 years away.

I am guessing it will go F2P sooner.... It might be making "enough" money now... but many games have shown they can greatly increase revenue by the F2P move.
--
Obama is a liar.... a cheat... a person of low moral character... the least common denominator...

Caledfwlch10

reply to jofos

If I'm not mistaken SWG never went F2P.

primeomega

join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI
reply to jofos

There was a good write up on their last conf. call. I guess they have dropped down to 1.2 million subs, from a high of 1.7.

For all the money into the game to make it, it just seems there should be more players. Sure they are making money, but who knows.

Caledfwlch10

reply to jofos

They didn't expect to be at 1.7 million in the first place. They were hoping for 750,000 to 1 million. Looks like it will settle at where they expected it to be all along.

Fettuccine_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to jofos

Since this is the only SWTOR thread atm i figured id just ask my questions here.

I made a Sith Assassin Deception alt and was wondering if i should be focusing more or crit or power, or even balance out both?

Also, i was looking at the level 50 pvp gear and saw that recklessness gets a lower cd in the stalker gear. So far i dont know many attacks that actually use recklessness (most are melee). Will i get more abilities later that would benefit from this or should i be using it with a certain attack?

Slydermv

join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON

said by Fettuccine_t:

Since this is the only SWTOR thread atm i figured id just ask my questions here.

I made a Sith Assassin Deception alt and was wondering if i should be focusing more or crit or power, or even balance out both?

Also, i was looking at the level 50 pvp gear and saw that recklessness gets a lower cd in the stalker gear. So far i dont know many attacks that actually use recklessness (most are melee). Will i get more abilities later that would benefit from this or should i be using it with a certain attack?

Take a look at MMO mechanics... they should have a good write up about stat weights. Don't really know Assassins though...

Also... still playing... still diggin' it!

Shatter

join:2006-07-24
Waterford, MI
reply to jofos

PvP is so f*cked up. I just got my 3rd toon to 50 and I PvP pretty much exculsively but when you hit 50 and have the base Recruit gear...prepare to get butt r*ped. The gearing gap of players in PvP to people just entering the 50 bracket is horribly bad and the only option is to take your lumps until you get geared which is a retarded. Glad Im playing D3 next week, tired of their horrible design choices.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to jofos

I dropped it too. Got bored around level 35.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI
reply to Shatter

said by Shatter:

PvP is so f*cked up. I just got my 3rd toon to 50 and I PvP pretty much exculsively but when you hit 50 and have the base Recruit gear...prepare to get butt r*ped. The gearing gap of players in PvP to people just entering the 50 bracket is horribly bad and the only option is to take your lumps until you get geared which is a retarded. Glad Im playing D3 next week, tired of their horrible design choices.

That's how it should be. Newbie gets raped by vets until newbie is a vet who then rapes the newbie. If you were just as good as the vets asap then what's the incentive to play? Logic, use it.
--
I'd take the time to insult your intelligence, but you probably wouldn't get it.

Caledfwlch10

said by Zyncotl:

said by Shatter:

That's how it should be. Newbie gets raped by vets until newbie is a vet who then rapes the newbie. If you were just as good as the vets asap then what's the incentive to play? Logic, use it.

That sounds like CEO's of companies to the 1%ers also. I bet that could be applied to a lot of things.

Slydermv

Thunder Bay, ON
reply to Zyncotl

said by Zyncotl:

said by Shatter:

Agreed... plus BM gear doesn't really take all that long to get anyways. WH on the other hand... holy shitballs!

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
reply to jofos

I've been leveling a Jedi Guardian (already have a level 50 sith warrior) and I'm getting to the end of the Jedi story. Keep in mind that I'm a tank. So I'm going to kill the guy for my story quest (somebody may not know what happens and don't want to spoil it) and I have to take T7 or whatever his name is. I haven't used him since Coruscant, never upgraded gear or anything and the little garbage can is taunting. Not really sure that this was the best idea to force you to use a certain companion for a quest.
While on the companion thing, wouldn't it be better to have a companion customization that allowed you to choose your companions build? ie Kira is a jedi consular, you could choose shadow or sage, and she could either dps or heal. In situations like the final story line for a guardian, even if you companion is geared to the teeth, you have two tanks.

Slydermv

Thunder Bay, ON

You can put T7 in a DPS stance and turn off his taunts via the toolbar.

also, you should be able to find some green gear for him via the AH is your server pop is decent. Otherwise the starter planets will at least have some oranges for him you can upgrade...

jofos

Irvington, AL

Yeah I know but I would have rather used Doc than T7. The Republic side didn't have a lot of up grades but I bought some decent cheap stuff on the Imperial side and mailed them to my jedi, gotta love the legacy mail.

Slydermv

Thunder Bay, ON

said by jofos:

Yeah I know but I would have rather used Doc than T7. The Republic side didn't have a lot of up grades but I bought some decent cheap stuff on the Imperial side and mailed them to my jedi, gotta love the legacy mail.

Oh yeah! At least some of that fluff is actually useful... heheh

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to jofos

Guild rolls it once per week then disappears until the next Tuesday.

Slydermv

Thunder Bay, ON

said by Mike:

Guild rolls what?

jofos

Irvington, AL

said by Slydermv:

said by Mike:

Guild rolls what?

I think he is saying that once a week his guild plays (raids) the other days they are not on.
I play my sith warrior about like that. Once or twice a week I do something with my guild the rest of the time I spend with an alt or three on the other side.

Grethor
Today Is A Good Day To Format

join:2004-04-14
Tacoma, WA
reply to jofos

I cancelled my sub yesterday. I played WoW since beta and was VERY happy to leave WoW for SWTOR.

However, after I hit 50 I got real bored real fast. Tried to start a few alts but they just didn't do it for me.

I am hanging all my hope on Guild Wars 2.

I never did play S.T.A.L.K.E.R so I just installed and patched it up. Hope it's good.

ksharp25

join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA
reply to jofos

I still play when I can. I havent been on for a month though. Not because I'm bored, dont like it, etc etc...because life gets in the way. Im not home much anymore now that I upgraded from Bachelor 4.5 to Girlfriend 1.0

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to jofos

swtor is a filler game until something worth playing happens.

Like raids this week are cancelled because diablo 3.