spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jofos
join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL

jofos

Re: SWTOR

I've been leveling a Jedi Guardian (already have a level 50 sith warrior) and I'm getting to the end of the Jedi story. Keep in mind that I'm a tank. So I'm going to kill the guy for my story quest (somebody may not know what happens and don't want to spoil it) and I have to take T7 or whatever his name is. I haven't used him since Coruscant, never upgraded gear or anything and the little garbage can is taunting. Not really sure that this was the best idea to force you to use a certain companion for a quest.
While on the companion thing, wouldn't it be better to have a companion customization that allowed you to choose your companions build? ie Kira is a jedi consular, you could choose shadow or sage, and she could either dps or heal. In situations like the final story line for a guardian, even if you companion is geared to the teeth, you have two tanks.
Slydermv
join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON

Slydermv

You can put T7 in a DPS stance and turn off his taunts via the toolbar.

also, you should be able to find some green gear for him via the AH is your server pop is decent. Otherwise the starter planets will at least have some oranges for him you can upgrade...
jofos
Irvington, AL

jofos

Yeah I know but I would have rather used Doc than T7. The Republic side didn't have a lot of up grades but I bought some decent cheap stuff on the Imperial side and mailed them to my jedi, gotta love the legacy mail.
Slydermv
Thunder Bay, ON

Slydermv

said by jofos:

Yeah I know but I would have rather used Doc than T7. The Republic side didn't have a lot of up grades but I bought some decent cheap stuff on the Imperial side and mailed them to my jedi, gotta love the legacy mail.

Oh yeah! At least some of that fluff is actually useful... heheh

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to jofos

Mod

to jofos
Guild rolls it once per week then disappears until the next Tuesday.
Slydermv
Thunder Bay, ON

Slydermv

said by Mike:

Guild rolls what?
jofos
Irvington, AL

jofos

said by Slydermv:

said by Mike:

Guild rolls what?

I think he is saying that once a week his guild plays (raids) the other days they are not on.
I play my sith warrior about like that. Once or twice a week I do something with my guild the rest of the time I spend with an alt or three on the other side.

Grethor
Today Is A Good Day To Format
join:2004-04-14
Tacoma, WA

Grethor to jofos

to jofos
I cancelled my sub yesterday. I played WoW since beta and was VERY happy to leave WoW for SWTOR.

However, after I hit 50 I got real bored real fast. Tried to start a few alts but they just didn't do it for me.

I am hanging all my hope on Guild Wars 2.

I never did play S.T.A.L.K.E.R so I just installed and patched it up. Hope it's good.
ksharp250
join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA

ksharp250 to jofos

to jofos
I still play when I can. I havent been on for a month though. Not because I'm bored, dont like it, etc etc...because life gets in the way. Im not home much anymore now that I upgraded from Bachelor 4.5 to Girlfriend 1.0

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to jofos

Mod

to jofos
swtor is a filler game until something worth playing happens.

Like raids this week are cancelled because diablo 3.

Sennheizer
join:2012-05-14

Sennheizer to jofos

to jofos
Aren't all games just filler until something better happens?
Slydermv
Thunder Bay, ON

Slydermv

said by Sennheizer:

Aren't all games just filler until something better happens?

Yes! Also, I've rerolled to fatman on imperial side due to my server dying out. A much more awesome game with all the people. Even getting into low level flashpoints is simple.
Shatter13
join:2006-07-24
Waterford, MI

Shatter13 to jofos

to jofos
Well I finally unsubbed from TOR, Diablo 3 is my new sex toy
jofos
Irvington, AL

jofos

Has anyone noticed a shift in population from sith to republic? It's still not equal but it seems that republic numbers have been going up a little lately. My guess is all the imperials have already rolled an alt on the sith side and figured they would try something new.
Fettuccine_t
join:2012-05-04

Fettuccine_t

I tried a Repub class on my server however the population seemed so low I couldnt enjoy it. I dunno what server you are on but I ended up just making another alt on the Imp side just to see other ppl questing around me. All of my friends tried repub too and ended up feeling same way and just switched back to imp side.
jofos
Irvington, AL

jofos

They are starting server transfers today. It seems to be following the same path as early access.
Fettuccine_t

Fettuccine_t

Seems a little too late. All my friends stopped playing due to bad customer service and things that needed fixed earlier. My one friend got banned for 2 weeks because they said he was using a bot which he wasnt, then when he opened a ticket they never responded. I tried logging on from a friends computer and they thought i was a hacker and stopped access to my account. When i tried calling and emailed them, I was hung up on and no one replied to my email. I really really wanted swtor to be amazing but they lost me.
Slydermv
Thunder Bay, ON

Slydermv

Yeah the server transfer took me a total of like 30 seconds to do and I was playing very slick. Rep population of about 20 to a pop of close to 200. Very nice.
jofos
Irvington, AL

jofos

But there's still a lot of people that they didn't transfer, me included. In all honesty this maybe the end of SWTOR for me. It just doesn't seem like Bioware ever really has a plan, they do something and wait and see what happens. Some times its oh, sometimes its OH SHIT!
Slydermv
Thunder Bay, ON

Slydermv

said by jofos:

But there's still a lot of people that they didn't transfer, me included. In all honesty this maybe the end of SWTOR for me. It just doesn't seem like Bioware ever really has a plan, they do something and wait and see what happens. Some times its oh, sometimes its OH SHIT!

You have to initiate it.
jofos
Irvington, AL

jofos

said by Slydermv:

said by jofos:

You have to initiate it.

There are like 17 east pve servers that they haven't setup for transfer, I'm lucky enough to be on one. On a Saturday night at 8:30 cst there were 26 people on the imp fleet and 18 on the pub side. Hard to find groups for FP or to pvp. I waited in the que for pvp for about 45 minutes not real fun. They are looking at the data from the weekend for the tranfers they did so they can figure out what to do with the people that they left out. This seems more of an oh shit than a simple oh.

Time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

Time to jofos

Premium Member

to jofos
I resubbed today solely because of the server transfer option, it'll hold me over until Mists of Pandaria. My new server is exponentially more populated.
Shatter13
join:2006-07-24
Waterford, MI

Shatter13 to jofos

to jofos
I resubbed for another month(took a 2 month break) and transferred my characters. Last night the Imperial Fleet had 287 people on my new server...I dont even remember seeing that many even at launch. Playing again after my break the game felt fun again but I have a feeling once I hit 50(40 now) I will unsub again. 50 game in TOR just isnt as fun as 1-49.
Slydermv
Thunder Bay, ON

Slydermv to jofos

to jofos
said by jofos:

said by Slydermv:

said by jofos:

You have to initiate it.

There are like 17 east pve servers that they haven't setup for transfer, I'm lucky enough to be on one. On a Saturday night at 8:30 cst there were 26 people on the imp fleet and 18 on the pub side. Hard to find groups for FP or to pvp. I waited in the que for pvp for about 45 minutes not real fun. They are looking at the data from the weekend for the tranfers they did so they can figure out what to do with the people that they left out. This seems more of an oh shit than a simple oh.

Ahhh I gottcha. Sorry you have to wait longer. It is quite nice though after the fact. The transfer to servers are jam packed.
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned)

said by Slydermv:

Ahhh I gottcha. Sorry you have to wait longer. It is quite nice though after the fact. The transfer to servers are jam packed.

Let's just hope they don't overdo it. A couple of guildies who transferred yesterday ended up queuing to log on (only about a minute but still). Too much sometimes is worse than not enough!

Time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

Time

Premium Member

Liking it so far; I'm on The Bastion, so there's still no queue currently.

This game will have some longevity when dungeon finder is released, IMO.
Fettuccine_t

Fettuccine_t to jofos

to jofos
Anyone know what a good imperial server would be? I logged on last night for the 1st time in at least a month and there was 1 other person on the fleet.
gaforces (banned)
United We Stand, Divided We Fall
join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA

gaforces (banned) to jofos

to jofos
The Daragon Trail pvp server transferred to The Bastion.
I made around 3 million credits so far with a populated server.

A lot of people came back from D3 (said it was boring) and Tera (said the game is crap) for transfers.

I am still enjoying the game and leveling alts.
Slydermv
Thunder Bay, ON

Slydermv to Fettuccine_t

to Fettuccine_t
said by Fettuccine_t:

Anyone know what a good imperial server would be? I logged on last night for the 1st time in at least a month and there was 1 other person on the fleet.

Fatman is good, but really any of the transfer too servers seem to have really good populations, both sides, now.
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned)

*sigh*

Looks like the more populated servers are actually making things worse because now we're facing really bad server-side lag while we're raiding.

Last couple of nights in Denova we got stuck on Kephess, a VERY mechanics-based fight, because we kept getting lag spikes which made it impossible to move to the correct locations throughout the fight.

This doesn't bode well...