share rss forum feed

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
reply to Slydermv

Re: SWTOR

said by Slydermv:

said by jofos:

But there's still a lot of people that they didn't transfer, me included. In all honesty this maybe the end of SWTOR for me. It just doesn't seem like Bioware ever really has a plan, they do something and wait and see what happens. Some times its oh, sometimes its OH SHIT!

You have to initiate it.

There are like 17 east pve servers that they haven't setup for transfer, I'm lucky enough to be on one. On a Saturday night at 8:30 cst there were 26 people on the imp fleet and 18 on the pub side. Hard to find groups for FP or to pvp. I waited in the que for pvp for about 45 minutes not real fun. They are looking at the data from the weekend for the tranfers they did so they can figure out what to do with the people that they left out. This seems more of an oh shit than a simple oh.

Time
Premium
join:2003-07-05
Mclean, VA
reply to jofos
I resubbed today solely because of the server transfer option, it'll hold me over until Mists of Pandaria. My new server is exponentially more populated.
--
"If it can't be done with brains, it can't be done with hours" - Clarence "Kelly" Johnson

Shatter

join:2006-07-24
Waterford, MI
reply to jofos
I resubbed for another month(took a 2 month break) and transferred my characters. Last night the Imperial Fleet had 287 people on my new server...I dont even remember seeing that many even at launch. Playing again after my break the game felt fun again but I have a feeling once I hit 50(40 now) I will unsub again. 50 game in TOR just isnt as fun as 1-49.

Slydermv

join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON
reply to jofos
said by jofos:

said by Slydermv:

said by jofos:

But there's still a lot of people that they didn't transfer, me included. In all honesty this maybe the end of SWTOR for me. It just doesn't seem like Bioware ever really has a plan, they do something and wait and see what happens. Some times its oh, sometimes its OH SHIT!

You have to initiate it.

There are like 17 east pve servers that they haven't setup for transfer, I'm lucky enough to be on one. On a Saturday night at 8:30 cst there were 26 people on the imp fleet and 18 on the pub side. Hard to find groups for FP or to pvp. I waited in the que for pvp for about 45 minutes not real fun. They are looking at the data from the weekend for the tranfers they did so they can figure out what to do with the people that they left out. This seems more of an oh shit than a simple oh.

Ahhh I gottcha. Sorry you have to wait longer. It is quite nice though after the fact. The transfer to servers are jam packed.

IamGimli

join:2004-02-28
Canada
kudos:2
said by Slydermv:

Ahhh I gottcha. Sorry you have to wait longer. It is quite nice though after the fact. The transfer to servers are jam packed.

Let's just hope they don't overdo it. A couple of guildies who transferred yesterday ended up queuing to log on (only about a minute but still). Too much sometimes is worse than not enough!

Time
Premium
join:2003-07-05
Mclean, VA
Liking it so far; I'm on The Bastion, so there's still no queue currently.

This game will have some longevity when dungeon finder is released, IMO.
--
"If it can't be done with brains, it can't be done with hours" - Clarence "Kelly" Johnson

Fettuccine_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to jofos
Anyone know what a good imperial server would be? I logged on last night for the 1st time in at least a month and there was 1 other person on the fleet.

gaforces
United We Stand, Divided We Fall

join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA
reply to jofos
The Daragon Trail pvp server transferred to The Bastion.
I made around 3 million credits so far with a populated server.

A lot of people came back from D3 (said it was boring) and Tera (said the game is crap) for transfers.

I am still enjoying the game and leveling alts.
--
Let them eat FIBER!

Slydermv

join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON
reply to Fettuccine_t
said by Fettuccine_t:

Anyone know what a good imperial server would be? I logged on last night for the 1st time in at least a month and there was 1 other person on the fleet.

Fatman is good, but really any of the transfer too servers seem to have really good populations, both sides, now.

IamGimli

Canada
reply to IamGimli
*sigh*

Looks like the more populated servers are actually making things worse because now we're facing really bad server-side lag while we're raiding.

Last couple of nights in Denova we got stuck on Kephess, a VERY mechanics-based fight, because we kept getting lag spikes which made it impossible to move to the correct locations throughout the fight.

This doesn't bode well...

IamGimli

Canada
Now that 1.3 has hit it's not getting any better. Lag is at an all-time high and we're getting logon queues in the evening.

It's like EA WANTS people to get pissed off and quit the game.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to jofos
I was talking to one of my buddies a couple nights ago over Mumble.

He said they ended up transfering servers and still raiding. The new server at any given moment will have 1000+ people on the fleet. He did say they are getting a bunch of lag.

Rawk

join:2011-06-01
Missoula, MT
reply to jofos
Quit and returned to WOW. Don't think I will ever return.

Fedodo

@208.25.211.x
reply to jofos
Well, 1.3 has hit and things are looking up imo. Little bit of lag on Fleet, but it's something I can live with. LFG was a long time coming, can finally run HM FP's without standing in Fleet spamming all damn day/night. After 7 years of WoW, I have no intention of ever going back. The Panda expansion has dampened any potential desire I might have had to do so. I'll try to post the 1.3 Patch notes on here for anyone that might be interested in perusing them from work.

Pryck

join:2012-02-03
Fredericksburg, VA
reply to IamGimli
They added LFG and combined servers to fix low populated server issues and people still complain; imagine that. Give them time to balance out the lag issue with the huge population surge on some servers.

spartan002
Premium
join:2008-12-22
Brampton, ON
reply to jofos
yes i used to be a supporter of this game, but they started messing around. they ruined merc/commandos.

Fettuccine_t

join:2012-05-04
That happens in every mmo. Look at Wow. Paladins were the best for awhile, then they nerf them to death and then lets say Warlocks were the best. Then they nerf them too much and something else takes its place. Im sure if you keep playing at some point mercs/commandos will be the best.

To the new changes, I love them. I still think SWTOR has alot of upside and is still fun to play. I think if they can work out the rest of the kinks and add more end game content, alot of ppl will either come back or start playing.

IamGimli

Canada
reply to Pryck
said by Pryck:

They added LFG and combined servers to fix low populated server issues and people still complain; imagine that. Give them time to balance out the lag issue with the huge population surge on some servers.

They didn't have to go from 500 servers to 3 in one week (exaggeration, but barely) after making us wait 6 months.

Proper issue management would go a long way in reducing negative feedback.

But then again, it's EA we're talking about here. Ignoring the issue as long as they can then overreacting when it blows out of proportion is par for the course.

BigReds42
Premium
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH
kudos:1
This is not a complaint this is fact... that LFG thing is HORRID.

You can only Q up for stuff that is in your level range (which is dumb if I want to run Black Talon (or some other FP which is NOT in my level range at the moment)).

And you can't Q up for Heroics!!!!!! Just for "planet" Qs.

IamGimli

Canada
said by BigReds42:

And you can't Q up for Heroics!!!!!! Just for "planet" Qs.

I don't know that's wrong with you but I can queue for hard modes. You have to be lvl 50 for hard modes and there might be a gear check involved as well.

BigReds42
Premium
Bellaire, OH
I know what's wrong with you, you clearly cannot read!

IamGimli

Canada
...and what is it that I cannot read, pray tell?

Between your inability to use proper English and your confusion about the features of the game you're commenting on (there is no "heroics" in SWTOR) I do admit I had to make a good measure of interpretation but that's hardly my fault now is it?

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
reply to BigReds42
said by BigReds42:

play nice people....

Anyway what bigred is talking about is the heroic +2s and +4s. While this and issue to a point imagine if you qued for a specific heroic on balmora, I think there's about 8 of them, it would be worse. The way it is you que and quest on whatever planet and when you get a group if you don't have the quest for the one you got asked someone to share the quest.
LFG still has some issues but its a good start. There will be some level ranges that have longer wait times than others and dps will have longer waits than tanks and healers but it is a step in the right direction. The biggest thing that would make group finder better is if more people would start using it.

BigReds42
Premium
Bellaire, OH
said by jofos:

said by BigReds42:

play nice people....

Anyway what bigred is talking about is the heroic +2s and +4s.

Exactly... I never said the words Hard Mode at all.

BigReds42
Premium
Bellaire, OH
reply to jofos
said by jofos:

The biggest thing that would make group finder better is if more people would start using it.

The problem is you can't q up for anything BUT for what your level is...

I mean I have done every quest and bonus series and that tends to make you overleveled for a planet so you can't even q up for the planet.

Pryck

join:2012-02-03
Fredericksburg, VA
reply to jofos
I tried the new LFG tool last night and the wait time wasn't too bad for dps; I think I waited 20 minutes or so. Group performed well and folks were helpful to those of us who hadn't been in very many HM's so the entire experience was fun. I do realize there will be bad experiences as well that always goes along with this sort of thing but it's a step in the right direction I think.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to jofos
Has the partial F2P kicked in yet? That's what I'm wondering about.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

ksharp25

join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
reply to jofos
Yeah I am a little disappointed with the LFG tool as well. The only other real MMORPG I have much experience with is World of Warcraft. At least their LFG tool lets me not only queue for a instance in a zone (think planet in this game), but I have check boxes to queue for a specific one. It should not have been too hard for Bioware to make the LFG tool in such a manner that if I am on Balmorra lets say, I can not only queue for a group, but use a check box to specifically pick the Heroic +4, Heroic +2, etc that I am looking for.

I can understand the locking out past a certain level thing. If I didnt go to Balmorra first on my chain of story and I get there at level 25 to start out, it wont be much fun for me to run a lvl 18 quest with a bunch of lvl 18s and here I am at lvl 28. The XP and other things would be affected drastically. (And let me say, as someone who knows a bit about coding and applications, its easy to say...well make it so it matches and groups based on level. But incredibly hard and complex to actually code that in).

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL
reply to C0deZer0
said by C0deZer0:

Has the partial F2P kicked in yet? That's what I'm wondering about.

Just got an e-mail that it's F2P for the next week. I think I still have it installed at home, might be a nice diversion for a few days.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to footballdude
said by footballdude:

Dropped it. After getting one character to 50 and being bored out of my mind waiting for FP groups to form, I couldn't stomache leveling another character. I tried but bailed around level 35. Some of the later planets you level on have so much wasted travel time between mission areas you feel like you're just sight seeing instead of playing.

That's why I quit. Effing traveling 1000 light years to do a mission.......