spc
uniqs

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to nascar

to nascar

Re: [IMG] IMG 1.9.1

as usual NY (VHO5) gets the short end of the rollout stick...I was hoping that they would deploy it in reverse order this time (compared to 1.9a) but no dice...the only saving grace is that 1.9.1 is not a major release so the rollout should not take as long as 1.9a

the video/audio glitches post-1.9a are VERY, VERY, VERY annoying...I thought it might be related to my external drive but apparently that is not the case...if this is not fixed soon I'm contemplating switching back to RCN
bushleaguer
join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

bushleaguer

said by TitusTroy:

the video/audio glitches post-1.9a are VERY, VERY, VERY annoying...I thought it might be related to my external drive but apparently that is not the case...if this is not fixed soon I'm contemplating switching back to RCN

Glad I'm not the only one who has been getting video glitches. I called tech support and they blamed my external hard drive even though I unhooked it and ran a thorough error check on it. I kept it off of the DVR and was still getting glitchy playback on my recordings so either the DVR is bad (which would mean the hard drives in both the DVR and the external are bad and that is too much of a coincidence) or there are problems with 1.9.

I don't know about going back to the cable company, however....I still remember the day I got FIOS hooked up and was stunned by the superior picture quality. I seriously doubt RCN or Comcast has made any significant improvements since then.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy

said by bushleaguer:

Glad I'm not the only one who has been getting video glitches. I called tech support and they blamed my external hard drive even though I unhooked it and ran a thorough error check on it. I kept it off of the DVR and was still getting glitchy playback on my recordings so either the DVR is bad (which would mean the hard drives in both the DVR and the external are bad and that is too much of a coincidence) or there are problems with 1.9.

yup I literally get quick video/audio glitches with my 7232 on nearly everything I watch or record post-1.9a...most of the time I get multiple glitches throughout the program...happens only for a quick second but sometimes that quick second occurs during critical scenes causing me to miss important dialogue...all the VOD programming works fine

I tried rebooting the box, replugging all my cables etc...no point calling tech support as I'm sure it's not an issue on my end...pre-1.9 everything worked fine...am counting on 1.9.1 to fix this...I don't want to switch cable providers but no point in having a gorgeous picture if it's constantly having glitchy video/audio

any way I can get signed up for the slow spin for VHO5?

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

+1
bushleaguer
join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

bushleaguer to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

said by bushleaguer:

yup I literally get quick video/audio glitches with my 7232 on nearly everything I watch or record post-1.9a...most of the time I get multiple glitches throughout the program...happens only for a quick second but sometimes that quick second occurs during critical scenes causing me to miss important dialogue...all the VOD programming works fine

I tried rebooting the box, replugging all my cables etc...no point calling tech support as I'm sure it's not an issue on my end...pre-1.9 everything worked fine...am counting on 1.9.1 to fix this...I don't want to switch cable providers but no point in having a gorgeous picture if it's constantly having glitchy video/audio

said by TitusTroy:

said by bushleaguer:

I hear you in regards to there being no point to having a great picture that is marred by sporadic glitches in video and audio. I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll fix this with their firmware update. If they don't then looking into alternatives wouldn't be out of question.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

1.9.1 is supposed to fix all the video glitches that have been present since 1.9A....

We will all soon find out.