uniqs
share rss forum feed

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Somerset, NJ

[New 80 Leveling] [Panda Thing] How exactly does starting off wo

I quit WoW, uninstalled it and really don't plan on returning (but it is always possible). Anyway, I have been wondering something for quite some time now. How does the game treat Pandas in the starter zone? I know you get to choose between Horde and Alliance, but is this after leaving the Panda zones (level 20?) or upon character creation?

If it is the former, does this mean that joining guilds and chatting with friends/guildmates is not possible until a faction is picked?

Thanks

ps: picked the new level 80 leveling because I'm hilarious.
--
Whats smells like blue?

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

Re: [New 80 Leveling] [Panda Thing] How exactly does starting of

At level 10 you pick. After that you can do the guild thing. You can still chat with all you BNet friends. It's enjoyable as much as starting a new toon can be.
--
Liberty is allowing other people to do the things you disaprove of.

Bahamut X
Premium
join:2000-12-09
Fort Worth, TX

It's not exactly level 10...

You play through the island, and as you end the quest chains and tidy everything up, your given one final "talk to this guy" quest. At the end of it, you pick, get flown to your home city of choice (Stormwind/Orgrimmar) and continue on from there.

I believe the panda I rolled *cough* made it off the island at like... 11 or 12... can't remember.

Ahh.. feels good to be on DSLR again. Maybe this time I should lurk less....
--
I Play WoW. I Work for T-Mobile (and everything I say or do here does not reflect on them). I hate drama. That about covers it.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Omega

Yeah, about level 11-13, depending on how many mobs you smack around.

This also means you can't do PvP starting at level 10, because you don't have a faction yet.

Don't know if they'll have mailboxes on live, they did early in the beta, but you could only mail BoAs (much like cross-faction mailing). The mailboxes were removed shortly after.

So yeah, can't join a guild or any custom chat channels because you don't have a faction yet. Battle.net friends you can chat with, presumably. It's not enabled on beta.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Hazmat

join:2007-07-10
Laveen, AZ

As was said, you get to choose a faction just before you are ready to take the balloon out of the Wandering Isle, usually around 11-13.

There were no mailboxes when I started my pandas. I copied a couple of live alts over, with BoAs, bags and gold, to one server. My panda Windwalker there, fully equipped with those, and a member of a level 25+ guild, is now 77 after roughly 4 days.

I also have 3 pandas in a different server, no help from any live alt stuff. Made a one of each class- tank, healer, and dps, just to see what was what. You can get enough to get by from questing and dungeon running, but the lack of sizable bags is painful. And forget about buying in the AH, everyone listing seems to think everyone moved in with bags filled with gold to the allowed limit!

Bahamut X
Premium
join:2000-12-09
Fort Worth, TX

said by Hazmat:

And forget about buying in the AH, everyone listing seems to think everyone moved in with bags filled with gold to the allowed limit!

There was (dont know if its there anymore) a way to get money easier than in live, and it didnt even require work... just buy... and then sell back an item to a vendor and you would actually come out with a profit.

Im sure its fixed now.
--
I Play WoW. I Work for T-Mobile (and everything I say or do here does not reflect on them). I hate drama. That about covers it.

Hazmat

join:2007-07-10
Laveen, AZ

said by Bahamut X:

said by Hazmat:

And forget about buying in the AH, everyone listing seems to think everyone moved in with bags filled with gold to the allowed limit!

There was (dont know if its there anymore) a way to get money easier than in live, and it didnt even require work... just buy... and then sell back an item to a vendor and you would actually come out with a profit.

Im sure its fixed now.

You could buy a stack of items, say Eternium Thread, and then sell it back to the vendor. Vendor would pay you the per stack price for the sum total of the eaches.

Don't know if it has been fixed, as I never did it - much easier, and not against the rules, to copy over an alt loaded with the sum total of all the gold of your alts on your live server. I know it was definitely reported multiple times on the beta forums.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Somerset, NJ
reply to Omega

Thanks for the info. Makes sense and now I don't have to buy the game to find out!
--
Whats smells like blue?