Oh Yeah
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Warzau

Re: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot IV 2012 round II

Mine's still mostly brown - only thing that's growing is weeds, and it's starting to look like hell. Probably going to have mow the weeds in the parkway this weekend.
--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
Really I wonder if it's evolution that the only thing that grows in a drought is weeds? Take advantage of dormant grass move in and choke out the roots.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to Parneli
Holy crap! Batten down the hatches!! This is a mother of a storm! Rain is coming down sideways.

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL
reply to Parneli
Click for full size
Huge storm front coming in at 65 mph. I can see it coming from the SW. Lollapalooza better take cover.

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
reply to Parneli
So beautiful!

chmod
Premium
join:2000-12-12
Lockport, IL
reply to Parneli
Aaaannndd the powers out.

Clever_Proxy
Premium
join:2004-05-14
Villa Park, IL
reply to StepR
Wow. What a storm! Power tried to go out, thankfully, it stayed on here.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to StepR
It was a heck of a storm.

I was on my bike heading north along the Fox River Trail in Geneva when things looked bad. I tried to make it to some shelter in Pottawatomie Park but I did not make it. Storm hit just as I was getting to Route 64 in downtown St. Charles. Lucky I was able to get on the NorthEast side of a building (since the wind was out of the SouthWest) so I did not get wet to bad. The building had Seattle's Best Coffee on the first floor. Power did blink for a few seconds but did not go out.

It was really windy, lots of thunder , a wonderful lightening display, and the rain was coming down in torrents.

Once the storm ended, I then continued my ride back to Carpentersville where I had left my truck.

Glad we got the rain, as we did need it.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to StepR
Not much here in Schaumburg. Got some wind and a bit of rain, but it looks like most of the nasty stuff passed to the south.

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
reply to Parneli
I enjoyed it. Was driving on 90 towards downtown during the beginning and peak. Man did the wind start up when it did. Light show was pretty nice but it was very cloudy.

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium
Elgin, IL
reply to plencnerb
said by plencnerb:

It was a heck of a storm.

I was on my bike heading north along the Fox River Trail in Geneva when things looked bad. I tried to make it to some shelter in Pottawatomie Park but I did not make it. Storm hit just as I was getting to Route 64 in downtown St. Charles. Lucky I was able to get on the NorthEast side of a building (since the wind was out of the SouthWest) so I did not get wet to bad. The building had Seattle's Best Coffee on the first floor. Power did blink for a few seconds but did not go out.

It was really windy, lots of thunder , a wonderful lightening display, and the rain was coming down in torrents.

Once the storm ended, I then continued my ride back to Carpentersville where I had left my truck.

Glad we got the rain, as we did need it.

--Brian

I almost ran into you. I love that trail. I was on the Vigil Gilman trial west of Aurora today. There is a bridge over (what I think was) Galena Blvd and there was a good view of a tree that fell on power lines. The crash broke the telephone poles holding the lines above Galena, and the lines were lying across the road and transformers were on the ground. The police put some sawhorse barricades a quarter mile west of the intersection. I saw some guy in a car knock over the barricade to proceed through, then come to a stop when he saw the lines across the road. Nice work Einstein.

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to Parneli
Click for full size
I broke down and bought a genny.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to StepR
said by StepR:

I almost ran into you. I love that trail. I was on the Vigil Gilman trial west of Aurora today. There is a bridge over (what I think was) Galena Blvd and there was a good view of a tree that fell on power lines. The crash broke the telephone poles holding the lines above Galena, and the lines were lying across the road and transformers were on the ground. The police put some sawhorse barricades a quarter mile west of the intersection. I saw some guy in a car knock over the barricade to proceed through, then come to a stop when he saw the lines across the road. Nice work Einstein.

Yes, it is a great trail. I'm usually on it somewhere between Carpentersville and Aurora almost daily. Depending on what time I start out will determine how far south I go before I head back north. I always start at the boat launch at Fox River Shores in Carpentersville.

I was out again today, and went down to Batavia and back. Its such a great ride.

I agree...the guy that went around those barricades was really bright! Cops just don't put them up for no reason.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL

1 edit
reply to Parneli
edit

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to Parneli
Weird. I was just out and the clouds are moving south/west. But when I look at radar, it looks like they're moving east.

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to Parneli
Nice soaking rain allll day today. My yard isn't sure how to react.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
said by chmod:

Nice soaking rain allll day today. My yard isn't sure how to react.

Blech. It's been basically just misting and drizzling here all day. I wish it would either rain or GTFO. Just a shitty day.

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to Parneli
As it seems to be the going trend, I lost power for a few hours again today. I was kind of excited to give my new generator some use, lol. A little over an hour after I got home from work it kicked back on.
--
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

snipper_cr
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Wheaton, IL
reply to Parneli
Well it seems like after yesterday, we finally got a good soaking rain that lasted all day and kept going without being a washout. Now we just need a couple more days of that. Although if Issac continues his track straight up the plains, we might get some good rain from that too.

Also, that storm on the 4th of August happened to be on my wedding (part of the reason I've been a bit absent from the forums). It actually worked out really well. It was supposed to be ungodly hot on the 4th (and the day started that way) but our ceremony was at 2PM and the cloud coverage actually helped cool things off considerably. Got through the entire ceremony and all the pictures we wanted outside before the storm rolled through - and even then got some great pictures with the storm in the background. Then everything passed over before the reception. So in the end things worked out quite well!

Just goes to show, even as of 10AM the day only had a 10% forecast of any precipitation!
--
The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
CPL:IA;ASEL/AMEL. CFI:ASE/AME; IA

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
Congrats on getting married, I guess.
We got married on Aug 3rd (99), in Vegas. You haven't lived until you've been in a Tux, in the desert in August, hung over when it's 115 in the shade.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
reply to Parneli
Hurricane Fallout-
So I see the trajectory is heading right through Illinois. Whats the over / under on our impact?
It looks like around Sunday to Monday it will wash over. Im nervous as hell due to my job and just wonder how prepared I need to be and how Devastated my area will be.
Come on Weather geeks- Speak up!
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

Bink63
Namedrop THIS
Premium
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere
. Removed duplicate post.

Bink63
Namedrop THIS
Premium
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere
reply to CableTool
So far, all the guidance has Isaac's remains tracking across Central IL, with the Northern boundary down by Kanakee.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL
Some models yesterday put it right over Chicagoland, with us getting soaked this weekend. I think the jury is still out.
--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to Parneli
Well there goes Labor day Weekend.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL

1 recommendation

said by Warzau:

Well there goes Labor day Weekend.

Figures.
Doesn't rain all damn summer except on the holidays.

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium
Elgin, IL
reply to Parneli
Not predicted to be as much rain as Ike and Gustov had in Sept 2008 when everything flooded. I remember all the detours from flooded highways.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
reply to Jon
Wind is picking up this morning, nothing crazy. Fingers Crossed!

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
I heard something about 3 inches of rain this morning. I hope not.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to Parneli
It's been steady. But it clearing up now.