Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to snipper_cr

Premium Member

to snipper_cr

Re: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot IV 2012 round II

said by snipper_cr:

hahahahaha. Nothing here in Harwood Heights, yet.
pr1mo

pr1mo to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
damn the wind here is really picking up, and I can see the NW sky lighting up. I love this !!
pr1mo

pr1mo to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
so, after my last post, the wind has REALLY picked up.
pr1mo

pr1mo to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
All power is lost (winds only) and it here @ my house, it always just flicks off/on. Daaaaam

snipper_cr
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Wheaton, IL

snipper_cr to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Pretty windy here in naperville. Nothing really out of the ordinary for this type of storm. Some sprinkles and rumbles. Still waiting for the main event but on radar it looks to be losing some steam.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Had guys out throughout the night but it was all power outages. Not too many either.
For what it was touted, not too bad..

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

VegasMan to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Two firsts last night.
1. knocked over my tree on the balcony. Never happened before.
2. pulled my cover off the grill, also never happened before. Got lucky on this one as the cover got caught under the lawn chairs and didn't blow away.

Also noticed another tree around the pond was damaged. This is the last full grown tree left, all the rest have been uprooted in the last few years from storms.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
I woke up about 11:30/12 and heard some thunder, but went back to sleep. Supposed to hit us again this afternoon. Guess we'll see.
Jon5

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Damn, I'm almost thinking about firing up the furnace.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

was thinking the same thing.

snipper_cr
Premium Member
Wheaton, IL

snipper_cr to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Can anyone say "football weather?"

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Nice line of storms to the west, heading our way. Might have frost tomorrow night, though!

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

May have to relight the furnace pilot!

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Gah. That first time smell.

Just changed the filter and fired up the furnace for the first time. Didn't want to wait until it was 35 tonight to find out something was wrong. Guess I should start work on the rest of the winterizing this weekend.

snipper_cr
Premium Member
Wheaton, IL

snipper_cr

Premium Member

Going to fire ours off this afternoon for a little bit when its not terrible to open the windows to get that "first time" smell out.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Supposed to be in the 70's maybe Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. Last chance to open up the house and get some "fresh" air!

Ugh. Not looking forward to being sealed up for the next 5 months.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
said by Jon5:

Gah. That first time smell.

Just changed the filter and fired up the furnace for the first time. Didn't want to wait until it was 35 tonight to find out something was wrong. Guess I should start work on the rest of the winterizing this weekend.

Alright, Stupid question... What filter are you talking about? The one that my AC also uses?

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Man what a nice temp wise day it is today, feels like early spring! Of course it will rain later on. YUCK!

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL

StepR to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Woke up at 4 am on Sunday. Rather than lying awake in bed, I decided to lie awake in the backyard, turned the hammock toward Orion, and watched the meteor shower. Saw only 4 or 5 before I went inside at quarter to 6, and they were small streaks. It was not too cold, and there were no mosquitoes or haze like there are in August. Sunday was great, except for the putting up two coats of exterior paint while weather still permitted.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

My daughter and I tried to stay up but grew tired and she had school today so we turned in @ 11PM. I missed my chance to do some painting but with my back bothering me, I passed.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Supposed to be really warm the next few days. Hopefully not to rainy. If it's 78 and really humid, I may need to take the cover off our ac so we can run it again.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
This weather is great, i hope it stays like this for awhile.

snipper_cr
Premium Member
Wheaton, IL

snipper_cr to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
The temperature has been dropping faster than the cubs chance of play off by week two of the season.

Flying into Chicago today you could just see the line of weather stretching from south west to north east. We pulled up weather for airports along the line and some were within 50 miles yet had over 30 degree temperature difference!

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

GDamn it's cold. Went for my walk since I screwed up my back a month ago I can't run. The difference between 2 days ago and today on the trail. 2 days ago 2 dozen people, today, 4 people.

aight
join:2001-12-18
Lafox, IL

aight

said by Warzau:

GDamn it's cold. Went for my walk since I screwed up my back a month ago I can't run. The difference between 2 days ago and today on the trail. 2 days ago 2 dozen people, today, 4 people.

It could be worse, you could on a boat in the NYC Subway.

snipper_cr
Premium Member
Wheaton, IL

snipper_cr

Premium Member

Boat in a Subway? Boats don't go in sub-....

Oh I see what you did thar

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Supposed to be in the 60s Saturday! One more pass over the leaves with the mower they time to pack it away for the winter.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

I was thinking the same thing.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
So much for that idea. Just got started and the rain and hail started coming down.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

Hah! I thought the same, now I got ONE day to take down the lawn furniture. On top of needing to put in a new toilet. UGH!