Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli

Re: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot IV 2012 round II

Supposed to be really warm the next few days. Hopefully not to rainy. If it's 78 and really humid, I may need to take the cover off our ac so we can run it again.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
This weather is great, i hope it stays like this for awhile.

snipper_cr
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Wheaton, IL

snipper_cr to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
The temperature has been dropping faster than the cubs chance of play off by week two of the season.

Flying into Chicago today you could just see the line of weather stretching from south west to north east. We pulled up weather for airports along the line and some were within 50 miles yet had over 30 degree temperature difference!

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

GDamn it's cold. Went for my walk since I screwed up my back a month ago I can't run. The difference between 2 days ago and today on the trail. 2 days ago 2 dozen people, today, 4 people.

aight
join:2001-12-18
Lafox, IL

aight

said by Warzau:

GDamn it's cold. Went for my walk since I screwed up my back a month ago I can't run. The difference between 2 days ago and today on the trail. 2 days ago 2 dozen people, today, 4 people.

It could be worse, you could on a boat in the NYC Subway.

snipper_cr
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Wheaton, IL

snipper_cr

Premium Member

Boat in a Subway? Boats don't go in sub-....

Oh I see what you did thar

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Supposed to be in the 60s Saturday! One more pass over the leaves with the mower they time to pack it away for the winter.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

I was thinking the same thing.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
So much for that idea. Just got started and the rain and hail started coming down.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

Hah! I thought the same, now I got ONE day to take down the lawn furniture. On top of needing to put in a new toilet. UGH!

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

I saw your toilet thread. If it's not leaking or causing a problem, just let it wait.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

Was going to wait but bit the bullet got a one piece for the master bath. So it went like so, remove the toilet from kids bath. Remove toilet from master bath, put in kids bath room. Finally put new toilet in master. WHEW!!!

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Christ it was fkn windy today. Got the leaves mowed and ran the mower out of gas. Now I just need to make sure the snow blower will start.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

I made sure I had side discharge when mowing. So I didn't have to pick that stuff up I also don't have gas to test out the mower.

cp
Premium Member
join:2004-05-14
Wheaton, IL

cp to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
BRRRRR!

Quite the drastic change from this weekend's weather.

The boiler's circulation pump in my building threw a bearing last night. Woke up the entire building and we were left in the cold this morning. I even noticed some frost on my truck.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

Blech. I heard the "S" word on the news this morning. Not sure I'm ever ready for that. Plus I desperately need to put new tires on my car before we get anything that sticks.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac

Premium Member

It'll be sunny and 50 for the second half of the week through the weekend. Plenty of time.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

Yeah I've just been putting it off. Tires have apparently gotten really effin expensive sine the last time I bought them.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
I've been putting off maintenance on both cars.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
It's cold!

jester121
Premium Member
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL

jester121

Premium Member

said by pr1mo:

It's cold!

It's about to get white.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

Not looking forward to it, was enjoying this mild winter. Look on the bright side, we got 3 more months left of winter weather.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

1 recommendation

Jon5 to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
Meh. We're all gonna die Friday anyway. I may not even shovel!

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

Look at it this way the snow will melt nicely

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to jester121

Premium Member

to jester121
said by jester121:

said by pr1mo:

It's cold!

It's about to get white.

Saw some flurries today while at work (near downtown, united center area) and got excited. I can't wait for the large flurries to start comin' down. Love it when it snows.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

Woke up this morning and now they're say 4-6" with 60 mph winds? WTF?

Asiabound
Ex-Pat
Premium Member
join:2002-12-21
Mabinay

Asiabound

Premium Member

I guess it depends who you watch or listen to. The lady on Ch 7 isn't calling for more than three inches (up here, lesser amounts south), but the WGN dude this morning is saying there is a potential to receive more than five inches.

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan to Parneli

Premium Member

to Parneli
What does Skilling say? He is the only one to listen to.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

said by VegasMan:

What does Skilling say? He is the only one to listen to.

quote:
High winds, snow and a wintry chill hit mid and late afternoon into Thursday night. Snow may grow heavy for a period of time toward and just beyond dark. Gusty east to southeast winds through midday, shifting northwest and strengthening later in the afternoon afternoon to 20 to 45 mph with gusts topping 50 mph. Rain changes to snow first in the northwest suburbs, then reaching the city mid/ late afternoon. Periods of heavy, wind-driven snow may fly during the evening rush hour and into Thursday night. Temps fall from mid 40s (upper 40s south suburbs) to the upper 20s and low 30s by nightfall. Accumulating snow falls over a 6 to 10 hour period. 2 to 4 inches possible city tapering to 1 or 2 inches south. More than 6" northwest toward McHenry and Boone counties into Rockford and southern Wisconsin.

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan

Premium Member

I'll go with 4" here in Schaumburg.